Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Transformers: Devastation by Platinum Games

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Maybe... if you consider playing on harder difficulties or hunting for secrets replay value.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Maybe in Poland. Anyway, my point isn't to argue quality of gameplay; rather, how little content you get for your $50. Unfortunately since it's Activision published it'll probably never drop below $20... which is what the retail price should be.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Oh, there's also apparently 'challenges' but I don't think they're very time-consuming.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The smug emote should be used judiciously, not spammed every post you make.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Weeb shit is weeb shit. You can spot it on site.

Also pick a fucking avatar.

Martius

Liturgist
Maybe in Poland. Anyway, my point isn't to argue quality of gameplay; rather, how little content you get for your $50. Unfortunately since it's Activision published it'll probably never drop below $20... which is what the retail price should be.
Actually German amazon sells pc box for 18 euro buy for some reason release date is month away. I think this would be proper price everywhere even is someone is not fan of genre or Transfomers. Anyway judging by previous Platinum games next difficulty modes should give decent replay value. In their games these usually work like proper new game plus+ with different sets of enemies and better ai.

Andhaira

Arcane
Soooo, can you transform at will? Is the 5 hours of game play actually fun, because if so it doesn't matter if it is 5 hours per character, beat em ups are typically quite short. SF4 takes under an hour to beat with any character, for instance.

Martius

Liturgist
Yeah, it even serves few functions beyond moving faster. There are some item caches which can be destroyed by attack available after gaining more speed in vehicle mode, same with some enemies with shields. It can also serve as slam to damage enemies and unlock stashes hidden in ground and is equivalent of wicked waves in Bayonetta.

Beastro

Arcane
Wish they'd finally get around to using transforming for, you you, the essence behind "More than meets the eye" - hiding and setting up ambushes.

The game is pretty fun for an old fart like me who watched classic Transformers as a kid. Combat is solid if very formulaic for a Platinum game, visuals are really ace and the music is pretty good too. I don't really give a fuck if the game is short, in fact I'm actually glad it is because I don't think I would have the patience to play it for a dozen hours.

It's like a better Legend of Korra basically - doesn't feel like a full production like Bayonetta but doesn't feel as cheap as Korra. Combat isn't as good as in MGR, but it's pretty satisfying and all the bots feel great, even though the moveset is the same for all of them, at least so far. There's the usual shit like jump cancelling, roll cancelling, camera is a bit shit so far especially in bosses and I kinda regret starting the game on the hardest difficulty not because it's hard, but rather because there seems to be a lot of HP bloat in bosses also.

All in all, a great jap homage to classic Transformers, they know what's up.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
The Cybertron games deserve more recognition, the Fall one was one of the best Transformer games ever made (too bad that the third game is nowhere in sight). This one doesn't look too bad though. Hopefully there's a Decepticon campaign.
Second game pissed me off because no co-op

Black

Arcane
I just found out that in 2017 all the Transformers games were pulled from Steam and other digital distributors (console too), apparently it was some licensing bs.
A good reminder that piracy is good for you.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I just found out that in 2017 all the Transformers games were pulled from Steam and other digital distributors (console too), apparently it was some licensing bs.

I got this on a 75% off sale in May 2017 and can still install it. Talk about last second save :shredder:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom