Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Anime Transformers: Devastation by Platinum Games

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Black, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Maybe... if you consider playing on harder difficulties or hunting for secrets replay value.

^ Top  
  2. meanwhileInPoland Arcane

meanwhileInPoland
    Better 5 hours of vanquish/MGR/bayonetta than 500hours of shit you get from bethesda games:smug:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  3. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Maybe in Poland. Anyway, my point isn't to argue quality of gameplay; rather, how little content you get for your $50. Unfortunately since it's Activision published it'll probably never drop below $20... which is what the retail price should be.

^ Top  
  4. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    And not for $10/hour. That's more than the average codexer earns:keepmyjewgold:

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    ^ Top  
  5. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Oh, there's also apparently 'challenges' but I don't think they're very time-consuming.

^ Top  
  6. meanwhileInPoland Arcane

meanwhileInPoland
    I paid 10€ for bayo, 7€ for vanquish and 3€ for mgr:smug: no one forces you to buy games on release

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    The smug emote should be used judiciously, not spammed every post you make.

^ Top  
  8. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    meanwhileinPoland confirmed DraQ alt.

• Brofist Brofist x 4
    ^ Top  
  9. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    :smug:

^ Top  
  10. meanwhileInPoland Arcane

meanwhileInPoland
    3 good games with at least 20hours of great gameplay for mere 20€ deserve that emote
    Show Spoiler
    :smug:

Fuck you.anyone but that faggot:argh:

^ Top  
  11. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Weeb shit != good games.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Dev_Anj Learned

Dev_Anj
    Did you play any of those three games or know enough about them to make that judgement call?

^ Top  
  13. Metro Arcane Beg Auditor

Metro
    Weeb shit is weeb shit. You can spot it on site.

Also pick a fucking avatar.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Insecicons!

They good, honourable Decepticons, not bloody Autobots!

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  15. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Actually German amazon sells pc box for 18 euro buy for some reason release date is month away. I think this would be proper price everywhere even is someone is not fan of genre or Transfomers. Anyway judging by previous Platinum games next difficulty modes should give decent replay value. In their games these usually work like proper new game plus+ with different sets of enemies and better ai.

^ Top  
  16. Andhaira Arcane

Andhaira
    Soooo, can you transform at will? Is the 5 hours of game play actually fun, because if so it doesn't matter if it is 5 hours per character, beat em ups are typically quite short. SF4 takes under an hour to beat with any character, for instance.

^ Top  
  17. Martius Liturgist

Martius
    Yeah, it even serves few functions beyond moving faster. There are some item caches which can be destroyed by attack available after gaining more speed in vehicle mode, same with some enemies with shields. It can also serve as slam to damage enemies and unlock stashes hidden in ground and is equivalent of wicked waves in Bayonetta.

^ Top  
  18. Beastro Arcane

Beastro
    Wish they'd finally get around to using transforming for, you you, the essence behind "More than meets the eye" - hiding and setting up ambushes.

^ Top  
  19. Great Deceiver Arcane

Great Deceiver
    The game is pretty fun for an old fart like me who watched classic Transformers as a kid. Combat is solid if very formulaic for a Platinum game, visuals are really ace and the music is pretty good too. I don't really give a fuck if the game is short, in fact I'm actually glad it is because I don't think I would have the patience to play it for a dozen hours.

It's like a better Legend of Korra basically - doesn't feel like a full production like Bayonetta but doesn't feel as cheap as Korra. Combat isn't as good as in MGR, but it's pretty satisfying and all the bots feel great, even though the moveset is the same for all of them, at least so far. There's the usual shit like jump cancelling, roll cancelling, camera is a bit shit so far especially in bosses and I kinda regret starting the game on the hardest difficulty not because it's hard, but rather because there seems to be a lot of HP bloat in bosses also.

All in all, a great jap homage to classic Transformers, they know what's up.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Destroid Arcane

Destroid
    Jagged Alliance 2: Transformers edition.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Mangoose Arcane Patron

Mangoose
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
    Second game pissed me off because no co-op

^ Top  
  22. Black Arcane

Black
    I just found out that in 2017 all the Transformers games were pulled from Steam and other digital distributors (console too), apparently it was some licensing bs.
    A good reminder that piracy is good for you.

• decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    I got this on a 75% off sale in May 2017 and can still install it. Talk about last second save :shredder:

• PIRACY IS WRONG PIRACY IS WRONG x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)