Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

spekkio

Arcane
If you have ecm versions of iso's you need to convert them to bin with uncecm tools in order for the patches to work.
746.gif

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
Oh my, last Glory of Heracles game has been translated.
http://transcorp.romhacking.net/projects/herc4/

Herakles no Eikou 4 is the 4th game in a series that started back in the NES days. The second and third game were fan translated to English and can be found on ROMhacking.net. Parts 3 and 4 were made for the SFC. I choose the 4th game to translate because that was the game that captivated me and was the most fun to play. So, since I only work on games that I like (it is a hobby after all), this was the lucky winner I picked.

This game has several high points that make it stand out above others. For starters, it has a very nice opening title sequence. The sun rises over the ocean while going into some beautiful shots with seagulls flying, with some nice Mode 7 effects. This sets the stage for what is to come. There are several instances throughout the game where you can see little details that show the developers really cared about this project. The screen moves left and right during battles, almost giving it a 3D feel. I don’t recall seeing this presentation in any other SFC RPG. The graphics are circa 1994 in quality. They are not quite up to standards such as Chrono Trigger or other later games, but they are colorful and pleasing to the eye, and much attention was given to detail. The music is very fitting and really helps set the atmosphere of the game. The presentation overall is top notch in my opinion and worthy of trying out on that alone.

The story starts with three friends who grew up with each other in Atlantis. Events soon unfold that find all three murdered and separated from each other. Thankfully, there is life after death. You play as one of the three friends and start your journey to recover your body, find out what happened to you, and find out what may have happened to your friends. You get to choose from around 100 bodies to inhabit along the way. Not long into your journey, you will run into the legendary Heracles, whom will surely aid you in this quest. Immerse yourself in Greek Mythology, Heracles, and a story filled with eternal life, death, and Pandora’s Box!

LJ40

Cipher
Man, I'm really excited to try out Heracles 4 but fucking seriously:

"For nearly 20 years I have helped shape and strengthen the spirit of the ROM hacking community. I fell into a unique community of peers and fans alike all those years ago. I was there to help get things started in mid 90’s. I’ve translated several games. I’ve built ROMHacking.net. I’ve turned hacking newbies into superstars. I have given more than my fair share, but yet the passion lives on. Today marks completion of one more chapter in that legacy, one more gift to my community, and one more SNES English fan translation. Today marks the release of Glory of Heracles IV: Gift from the Gods!"

Do you think it would be possible for this fucking tard to stroke himself (deserved or not) off any harder?

A user named cat

Oh my, last Glory of Heracles game has been translated.
http://transcorp.romhacking.net/projects/herc4/

Herakles no Eikou 4 is the 4th game in a series that started back in the NES days. The second and third game were fan translated to English and can be found on ROMhacking.net. Parts 3 and 4 were made for the SFC. I choose the 4th game to translate because that was the game that captivated me and was the most fun to play. So, since I only work on games that I like (it is a hobby after all), this was the lucky winner I picked.

This game has several high points that make it stand out above others. For starters, it has a very nice opening title sequence. The sun rises over the ocean while going into some beautiful shots with seagulls flying, with some nice Mode 7 effects. This sets the stage for what is to come. There are several instances throughout the game where you can see little details that show the developers really cared about this project. The screen moves left and right during battles, almost giving it a 3D feel. I don’t recall seeing this presentation in any other SFC RPG. The graphics are circa 1994 in quality. They are not quite up to standards such as Chrono Trigger or other later games, but they are colorful and pleasing to the eye, and much attention was given to detail. The music is very fitting and really helps set the atmosphere of the game. The presentation overall is top notch in my opinion and worthy of trying out on that alone.

The story starts with three friends who grew up with each other in Atlantis. Events soon unfold that find all three murdered and separated from each other. Thankfully, there is life after death. You play as one of the three friends and start your journey to recover your body, find out what happened to you, and find out what may have happened to your friends. You get to choose from around 100 bodies to inhabit along the way. Not long into your journey, you will run into the legendary Heracles, whom will surely aid you in this quest. Immerse yourself in Greek Mythology, Heracles, and a story filled with eternal life, death, and Pandora’s Box!
This self-congratulatory faggot also feels the need to put his own intro screens with music into his rom patches too you have to skip through. I'd remove them if I knew how.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Here is some happy news to celebrate the end of 2016:

Aroduc said:
I have no updates to give on anything translation-related, because I have done no work since July and am doubtful that any will be done in the forseeable future

Baldr Sky never. Fuck Sekai Project.

Fuck Sekai Project.

Also fuck Peter Payne.

Never forget.

Never forgive.

Where is my Seinarukana, you cunt?

I'll fucking cut ya'

Bitch

Hengki Kusuma Adi

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The relocalization of Ar Tonelico 2 is a significant hack, not just a new translation. Some more scenarios, lots of bug fixing (horrible port), the japanese voices actually included (us release had no voices in some scenes), not horrid budget translation text etc.

Also the same guy is doing Atelier Marie + Ellie (ps2 version). Not done yet, but they have the script.

http://ateliertraduction.forumactif.org/t24-traduction-d-atelier-marie-elie-terminee#101

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
For anybody interested:
Rusty (PC-98) is now in English!
http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=24093

newsimage1873a.png

newsimage1873b.png

Rusty is a Castlevania homage for the PC-98, and a pretty solid action game on its own. You play as the titular Rusty, the green-haired lady in leather, as she battles her way through Transylvania against monsters and the forces of evil.

Edit:Bonus points for the music:

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
We like RPGs with unusual settings, and generally offbeat and original games. When choosing a project, we follow these guidelines:

1. No erotic content.
  2. No visual novels or graphic adventure games.
  3. The PC-98 version must be the definitive version.
:hahyou:

Hengki Kusuma Adi

Well then, I made a brief gameplay video of Rusty (PC-98) using this English patch

amdus

Arbiter

so this is happening

Pre-order is up on J-List.

There are three editions to choose from:

REGULAR EDITION $40
- Game on DVD
- Manual
- Download Card

LIMITED EDITION $40 + $25
- Game on DVD
- Manual
- Download Card
- Original Soundtrack CDs (2 Disc)
- 6"x9" Character Art Cards

COLLECTOR’S EDITION $40 + $50
- Game on DVD
- Manual
- Download Card
- Original Soundtrack CDs (2 Disc)
- 6"x9" Character Art Cards
- 60 Page Artbook

Coming Summer 2017, uncut and uncensored!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom