Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Translations of wapanese games

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Is Lady Stalker ever going to be finished? From what I've read, it is a relatively short game. I also saw this from the cutting room floor. I did't even know Time Stalker existed (i saw the alternate title from a rom site)
Time Stalkers, also known as Climax Landers (クライマックス ランダーズ) in Japan, is a Dreamcast role-playing video game featuring appearances of worlds (and playable characters) from several of Climax Entertainment's earlier games in crossover fashion.

lightbane

Arcane
Since it's an .exe file I've tried it myself first and it works (for what it's worth).

For what's worth indeed. I tried the Spanish link just for fun and it doesn't work. :lol:
Is this the sequel to that horrible JRPG with crazy random encounter rate, enemies that take forever to kill to justify the combo systems and boring storyline?

Endemic

Arcane
Mizzurna Falls, PS1 open world adventure game by Human Entertainment (better known for Clock Tower), has a translation in progress.

m127kpy.png

m2r2jpr.png

m365kya.png

m4qvjl1.png

m5nqkap.png

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Mizzurna Falls, PS1 open world adventure game by Human Entertainment (better known for Clock Tower), has a translation in progress.

m127kpy.png

m2r2jpr.png

m365kya.png

m4qvjl1.png

m5nqkap.png

This is supposedly one of the most TwinPeak-esque games ever made. I hope they'll eventually finish the translation, the project has been ongoing for a looong time now.

Endemic

Arcane
This is supposedly one of the most TwinPeak-esque games ever made. I hope they'll eventually finish the translation, the project has been ongoing for a looong time now.

More than one group attempted it, IIRC.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

m127kpy.png

m2r2jpr.png

m365kya.png

m4qvjl1.png

m5nqkap.png

There was a patch a while ago, but they pulled it down. Still have it lying around somewhere if anyone needs it, but I'm yet to give it a try.
Judging by the reports, the patch works, but the game is very unstable with it.

flyingjohn

Arcane
Sakura taisen translation patch:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jjco8jo61voin33/SakuraWars_EnglishPatch_v1_0.zip/file

A little addendum to the readme.

Obviously substitute cd with your iso file,or in most cases a bin file.
You probably won't be getting a waw file which doesn't matter.
Once the patching is done copy the appropriate disc cue to your new iso directory and change the cue file to the name of your iso.

EDIT:You can avoid the iso stuff if you download the iso from gametronik.Just apply the xdelta tot he iso and change the name from track01 to track 01 and the cue file should work.

Last edited:

Endemic

Arcane
Quick update on the Berwick Saga patch: version 40 is in closed beta (I'm one of the testers).

Miscellaneous errors and typos need to be fixed, but it will cover just over half of Chapter 12 when it's released.

p18tjry.jpg

p2qwkne.jpg

p3unktu.jpg

p4fekpq.jpg

p5w4kjf.jpg

Duraframe300

Arcane
LaSalle Ishii's no Child's Quest (Stardom Warriors) for the NES is translated:

http://www.romhacking.net/translations/5321/

Parody RPG where you play a manager of a band and travel around performing concerts and raising your band's popularity. Looks to be very much in the style of the original Dragon Quest games.

Short interjection here that this isn't supposed to be an accurate translation at all. Woolsey Fan Company is exactly that. A translation group *conisting of one member so far* that translates and re-translates games woosley style.

Endemic

Arcane
The whole game?

I meant the Chapter 12 segment. v41 fixed pretty much all of the typos and errors the testing team encountered. After this there are 4 more missions + the ending sequences left to translate.

How does Berwick Saga differ from the Fire Emblem series? What's the main draw to it?

I explain the mechanics in the early parts of my lets play, along with screenshots of the action. I think it's better viewed in context rather than throwing a wall of text at you.

The most important difference is the simultaneous turn order, which makes battles much less predictable and exploitable.

spekkio

Arcane
Update: saves from "old" translation (1.04) are compatible with the EC translation. I'm currently near the end of the game (Chapter 22) and my save worked just fine:

6CiMgIA.png

0gqA8kE.png

As you can see, I just couldn't stop myself from enhancing the gaming experience...

:smug:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom