Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Tribes Ascended from the grave

Goromorg

Savant
Two years ago the developer "HiRez studio" stopped supporting their fast mutiplayer shooter indefinitely.
It was disgusting, but at least they hadn't shut down the servers.
But now it's receiving some unexpected support again.
If you are interested, check /r/Tribes: https://www.reddit.com/r/Tribes/
Patch notes: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yzN7KdUn0mFrZGHjcM8CUMSy8aV-WzYlu3NB3hyo760/pub

PS SHAZBOT!! WOOOOHOOOO!!!
PSS Fuck grammar

hajro

Arbiter
"Unexpected support"? They are doing only cause their fanbase is scared that they will leave Smite for their new Moneymilking cow Paladins just like they did with Tribes and Global Agenda. Ayy lmao just wait for Midair :keepmymoney:

Goromorg

Savant
"Unexpected support"? They are doing only cause their fanbase is scared that they will leave Smite for their new Moneymilking cow Paladins just like they did with Tribes and Global Agenda. Ayy lmao just wait for Midair :keepmymoney:
It seems to be true, but we don't lose anything. Who will play this Paladins game anyway?

Goromorg

Savant
Let's watch some gr8 montages to brighten up the waiting for a patch

hajro

Arbiter
1330464914948.gif
aGISA2A.gif

:kfc:

Gerrard

Arcane
Did they do something about matchmaking/team balance/composition? No? Then the game will be dead again in 3 months.

Goromorg

Savant
Did they do something about matchmaking/team balance/composition? No? Then the game will be dead again in 3 months.
Matchmaking is pointless with such small playerbase.
WTF is team composition? Pick whatever you want and have fun.
CTF is basically a TDM, only with those small thingies called "flags". BTW does anyone know what they are for?

If you want real experience, you need pick up games aka PUGs http://playapug.com/

Last edited:

Gerrard

Arcane
The playerbase is not small because of what autists on r/tribes complain about.
It's small because having a 10 game lose streak while trying to grind that daily win was nothing uncommon.
And nothing fucking changed.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

All item costs have been cut by 4 compared to their release values. If you have a 10-game lose streak and can't get something that costs only 10k xp, you're a scrublord.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
There was this house song remix with Shazbot on it right before the drop.

Can't seem to find it on youtube.

DDZ

Red blood, white skin, blue collar
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

God I fucking loved playing this game a couple of years back.

Used to play the shit out of the Tribes 1 demo too, that came with Starsiege.

Gerrard

Arcane

All item costs have been cut by 4 compared to their release values. If you have a 10-game lose streak and can't get something that costs only 10k xp, you're a scrublord.
That was when the game was already dead and the only people left playing already had everything unlocked, so there was no one left to give a fuck.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I gave a fuck when I started playing again a month ago +M

Also, the gaem is not that dead. I keep playing on the same 3 servers all the time, and at least one is always full, sometimes even all three, when I want to go fast. Granted, it's mostly the same pool of people that keeps playing there, but who gives a shit?

Gerrard

Arcane
I gave a fuck when I started playing again a month ago +M

Also, the gaem is not that dead. I keep playing on the same 3 servers all the time, and at least one is always full, sometimes even all three, when I want to go fast. Granted, it's mostly the same pool of people that keeps playing there, but who gives a shit?
You want to go fast?
Too bad!
Here have enemy team with 5 sentinels

By the way, I was once one of those 5.
No fast has been had that day.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom