Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Turn-based combat mode in Deadfire

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
anyway so does this mean they're also going to fix the writing via patch????????

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The writing can only be solved by Feargus taking up the role and re-doing all the writing from scratch in an attempt to defeat MCA at his own game.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
This is cool as fuck. I really do like a good RTWP like the old IE games or Pathfinder and I even enjoyed both Pillars games combat to a lesser extent, but I'm a slightly bigger fan of TB combat. Plus the fact their are releasing an entirely new combat system is fuckin bonkers. What other game has ever done something like that?

I wonder if they will let you switch up combat styles mid game like Arcanum or at all.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Village Idiot The Real Fanboy
I wonder if they will let you switch up combat styles mid game like Arcanum or at all.

You select an option at new game creation.

pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-turn-based-3.jpg

pillars-of-eternity-2-deadfire-turn-based-2.jpg

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
How does Intellect and other duration increases work in TB, I wonder? Easy enough to imagine that seconds are converted to rounds, but not sure how they would convert a percentage duration increase to rounds without resulting in the dead stat point problem.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
How does Intellect and other duration increases work in TB, I wonder? Easy enough to imagine that seconds are converted to rounds, but not sure how they would convert a percentage duration increase to rounds without resulting in the dead stat point problem.

Round Intervals. Inspirations, Afflictions, and Status Effects can end mid-round.

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
Amazing news! The world's longest running PC gaming magazine (30 years) rated Deadfire RPG of the year.

fetch.php

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Although I don't believe this will be good gameplay wise, it would be hilarious if it actually made a huge influx of new players, and everyone would love it. Then Feargus can smash his head into the wall for not making TB games from the beginning.

Unwanted

Soulstones

Unwanted
Why bother with TB. Make it phase based, since it already is, tick every 1-2 seconds based on stats - watch TB fags assplode since phases are superior to TB in every way possible.
Market it with 'LIEK FORZEN SYNAPSE TEH SMASH HIT!'

Self-Ejected

Safav Hamon

Self-Ejected
I pray to god it sells better on consoles, so we can get a third game. Obsidian is finally finding its rhythm with the DLC.

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
I pray to god it sells better on consoles, so we can get a third game. Obsidian is finally finding its rhythm with the DLC.

I somehow doubt Microsoft bought Obsidian for them to waste further manpower on isometric RPGs with limited appeal compared to something like TOW. Either that or they're going to become Microsoft's Larian and try to corner that market.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom