Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Twitch Prime members get Pillars Definitive and Tyranny Free

Swampy_Merkin

Learned
Possibly Retarded
If you're a Twitch Prime member and don't have Pillars of Eternity Definitive Edition or Tyranny or both, and you would like to have them for fucking free, you can get them for fucking free. Pillars is available right now through tomorrow. Tyranny will be available 7/16 & 7/17. (They're giving away some other games too, QUBE 2 being the only one I've heard of).

If you didn't know: If you're already an Amazon Prime member, you get Twitch Prime for free. Although, you have to link the two accounts and I'm not going to bother telling you how to do that. I'm sure you can manage.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/07/03/amazon-prime-twitch-pc-game-deals/#more-561461

Barbalos

Savant
Nice. I have Amazon/Twitch prime so I'll pick these up. Too bad you have to install the Twitch desktop app, but I guess I can just claim them then pirate them and not deal with their garbage launcher. Thanks for the heads up.

Yosharian

Arcane
Cool. What does he mean when he says that Twitch Primers 'already' get games for free?

Also, is there any way to gift these free games to a friend if you already have them?

Ravness

Educated
Even though its free, I still feel i got ripped off. I think Amazon is giving away something everyday on twitch

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
this is great news for nu-Obshitian because giving me their kosher games for free is literally the only way to make me own one of them, still not guaranteed i ever actually install any of them of course

Barbalos

Savant
Cool. What does he mean when he says that Twitch Primers 'already' get games for free?

Also, is there any way to gift these free games to a friend if you already have them?

Twitch has been giving out games with Prime, as well as lootbox junk for games like Fortnite and Overwatch, ever since the Prime program started (shortly after they were bought by Amazon). And no, there is no way to gift these games, they are tied to your Twitch account.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
They do this so that next time they pitch their services to a publisher, they can say that their shit games are owned by a gazillion people. Cheeky.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
With all the promotions like this, I get exponentially more games for free than I buy. Games aren't even $1 bundle fodder anymore, they are literally worthless.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
this is great news for nu-Obshitian because giving me their kosher games for free is literally the only way to make me own one of them, still not guaranteed i ever actually install any of them of course

Tyranny is the best RPG in existence and it punches well above its weight making it a far better game than Planescape Torment. People will install Tyranny, play it, and they will love it, or else...

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Already own these on GOG but might as well claim them on Twitch. I have Amazon Prime because I buy lots of movies. I'm pretty excited about getting Observer for free.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
It's not really free if you have to be a Twitch Prime member. It's a benefit if your membership.

Yes, but I have a Prime membership for other reasons, so it's basically free for me. But it doesn't end there - GOG and Humble give away games for free every couple of weeks / months (not even counting bonus games during sales), so do EA and Ubisoft. If you have a console online play subscription you additionally get more games than you can ever play, unless you are a school kid / student.

Quillon

Arcane
Why are devs so supportive of Twitch? It essentially encourages people to not buy/play games and watch them instead :P

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Why are devs so supportive of Twitch? It essentially encourages people to not buy/play games and watch them instead :P

They see it as promotional, and those who have attacked streaming/let's plays have gotten horrible PR out of it. Also Amazon is behind Twitch, which gives it some weight. Also these give-a-ways are to boost the Twitch client's user-base I am sure, to grow it as a possible Steam competitor or whatever down the road (realistically or not).

Mortmal

Arcane
Think millenials buys games then watch someone else play it for them , cause gaming is too hard. Thats the only explanation i can find...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom