Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Tyranny Bastard's Wound expansion releasing on September 7th

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Obsidian Entertainment; Paradox Interactive; Tyranny; Tyranny: Bastard's Wound

In parallel with Twitch, Paradox Interactive have been running their own daily livestream for Gamescom 2017. Yesterday they played some BattleTech with Mitch Gitelman, and today they gave us our first look at the upcoming Bastard's Wound expansion for Tyranny. Shortly after the stream began, a press release went out announcing a release date - September 7th. The press release includes a new "cinematic trailer" that hints at what players will face in the expansion. Watch it all here:

STOCKHOLM – Aug. 23, 2017 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and a loyal servant of Kyros, today announced the release date for Bastard’s Wound, the next expansion for Tyranny. Featuring major new challenges for the player and new companion quests for the award-winning role-playing game (RPG) developed by Obsidian Entertainment, Tyranny: Bastard’s Wound will become available worldwide on September 7, 2017 for Windows, MacOS, and Linux PCs. The expansion will be available from digital retailers everywhere for $14.99.

The Bastard’s Wound DLC adds a new region to the game, with a host of new quests and people to conquer. Delve deeper into the mysteries of Terratus as you bring Kyros' justice (or your own version of it) to a new corner of the Tiers. In addition to the new region, Bastard's Wound gives you a chance to learn more about your party in a trio of companion quests featuring Lantry, Verse, and Barik.

For more information on Tyranny, please visit https://www.paradoxplaza.com/tyranny

Tyranny: The Lost Vale, anyone? Looks like we're going up against some sort of particularly powerful Bane.

• Brofist x 4
    • decline x 3
    • Participation Award x 1
    • incline x 1
    • meh x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Mustawd Arcane

Mustawd
    Didn't this have subpar sales? I'm surprised it's getting an expansion.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jaesun Fabulous Moderator Patron

Jaesun
    Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    If it didn't sell well enough, they wouldn't be doing this. Unless the expansion was already in the contract (Base game + 1 expansion).

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    iirc they said it almost but not quite met their expectations, and a slam dunk expansion would probably send it over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I just wanted to say that the concept of this expansion reminds me a lot of the cancelled Lost Vale expansion for Ultima VIII - right down to it being an expansion mysteriously produced for a poorly-selling, dumbed down game. Except thanks to digital distribution, this one is going to be released.

• Old Old x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Sannom Augur

Sannom
    The expansion isn't the most surprising thing for me, some of the content in the free patch is. Like the other path through Act 3, an expanded Act 3 in general and more voice acting. The later especially doesn't come cheap.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    There is still time for its cancellation.

• Rage Rage x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. dukeofwhales Arbiter

dukeofwhales
    Paradox has a lot of experience with DLC, I assume someone there did the sums.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Balanced Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Twiglard Learned

Twiglard
    From the information already provided this won't add useful content to the main quest. It's an insulated world map area with its own quest.

^ Top  
  10. Tao Learned

Tao
    But it is one of those DLC inserted in the main campain that make you play the main game again if you unistalled it. Who the fuck want to play the game again for a new area in the campain?

I will pass from this one like i passed from the Pillars of Eternity dlcs. Maybe with a complete edition on sale in the future i'll try play those games again

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • retadred retadred x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Drog Black Tooth Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    This is what cloud saves are for.

Thanks for admitting that you pirated Tyranny and contributed to its low sales.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 4
    ^ Top  
  12. Kev Inkline Arcane

Kev Inkline
    A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    This is a sure buy when Tyranny GOTY is on sale for 5 dorra or less.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    Wasn't this game supposed to have more acts, then it the end it was all cut? So, instead of getting the needed expanded ending/postgame (AKA, "how the game was supposed to be"), we're getting more random shit. Oh, well.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    I spent more time on the game than a sane man should and I find it quite difficult to get excited on a DLC, unless Obsidian publicly trebuches Megan Stark to the Pacific Ocean and announces that actually competent people rewrote the script and redesigned the character building and combat systems.

^ Top  
  15. yes plz Arcane

yes plz
    "i played the game a lot but i swear i didn't like it!"

truly, skyway lives on in all of us

• Prestigious Prestigious x 5
    • Salute Salute x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    It took around half a year to finish Crime and Punishment and I can safely say that I don't like Russian melodrama one bit.
    I finished Tyranny thrice so I could see the different endings. It doesn't really take that much time after the first playthrough since you'll learn that bouncing spells are broken and the scenes aren't that different in the end.

• Shit Shit x 2
    ^ Top  
  17. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    That could have only been a thing during its early concept stage, given that it was only present in an art book.

This is truly mind-bogglingly stupid. Why didn't you watch the endings online?

^ Top  
  18. Bohrain Savant Patron

Bohrain
    Well I did want to see how the paths differ.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Iznaliu Arbiter

Iznaliu
    That can be done by reading a wiki or watching a video.

^ Top  
  20. Excidium II Self-Ejected

Self-Ejected
    Tranny was so fucking dull. I bet the expansion is also trash.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Roguey Arcane Sawyerite Sawyerist Sawyer's Bride No Fun Allowed

Roguey
    Maybe it'll be the Mask of the Be-hahahahaha

• Funny Funny x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    The sheer amount of time that's been spent on it at least suggests that it's not shovelware. Too bad that PC Invasion interview never bothered to ask "So, is this aiming to improve on the base game in any way?"

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)