Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

FreeKaner

Prophet of the Dumpsterfire
PoE had baby murder en masse AND helping a guy murder a baby personally. :decline:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fairfax

Arcane
Weren't people saying to play AoD multiple times to experience all the C&C? Maybe same shit applies here?!

Even Fairfax, who isn't under suspicion of Obsidian fanboyism, says the reactivity is real. It's probably decent enough.
In the first part, yes. From what I've seen, gameplay-wise most of it changes dialogue options, different approaches in quests and skills you can unlock. I'm not a fan of locking these skills behind reputation thresholds, but it's a real consequence nonetheless.
The devs said in the AMA that your decisions lock/unlock different sidequests and can make your companions abandon the party, but I haven't seen that yet.

Don't expect FNV levels of reactivity, though.

Fairfax

Arcane
Even if you get maximum wrath with one of the factions you can still do all of their quests? That's disappointing.

Kaivokz

Arcane
With all new games I like to meticulously go through the options menu. I'm pleased with Tyranny's so far. Pics in spoiler.
kK8N0S3.jpg
o3iITv9.jpg
GDsTyJU.jpg

Fairfax

Arcane
What about companions abandoning the party? Can it happen to all of them? I hope it's possible, as I think it's one of the most important consequences in a game like this.
Found PoE very disappointing in that regard. IIRC only the Grieving Mother threatens to leave your party at some point.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Quick notes:

I'm playing a dual wielding storm mage. I have no idea if it will be effective or not all the way through. Combat feels similar to PoE except they are using cooldowns. Met Verse, she won't be in my party for long. Backgrounds aren't very detailed, characters are. Dialog seems decent, not as dry as Pillars.

Fairfax

Arcane
Quick notes:

I'm playing a dual wielding storm mage. I have no idea if it will be effective or not all the way through. Combat feels similar to PoE except they are using cooldowns. Met Verse, she won't be in my party for long. Backgrounds aren't very detailed, characters are. Dialog seems decent, not as dry as Pillars.
Oh yeah, forgot to mention the backgrounds. If I had to name one area where the game feels "cheap", this is it. A lot less detailed than PoE, and most maps are much smaller as well.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What's greatsword like? Going for a warrior this time around. Split between that and sword and board, but a greatsword warrior tank seems like it's good enough on "hard" judging by PoE, and it'd do a lot more damage to make the trash encounters fly right past

Self-Ejected

Bubbles

I'm forever blowing
Paradox Accounts

What’s this daily-reward thing?

You will receive one daily reward for playing logged in to a Paradox account on consecutive days. Here are the list of consumables that will be randomly distributed:

Healing Potion (Fine) - 50% HP
Healing Potion (Superior) - 100% HP
Potion of Revival - brings a fallen party member back from KO
Cairn's Leaf - +4 Armor, +20% Endurance defense
Oldwater - +10 Arcane Armor, +20% Magic defense
Potion of Elemental Barrier - +10 Shock/Fire/Frost Armor, +50 Defense vs. Paralyzed/Burning/Frozen
Dire Remedy - 120-pt Stasis Shield, +4% Max Health
Potion of Heroes - +2 to all Attributes
Scarlet Poison - Poisons enemies on Crit
Fatiguing Toxin - Weakens enemies on Crit
Potion of Invisibility
Skycap - +10 Lore, +10 Magic Skills, +4 Wits

https://steamcommunity.com/app/362960/discussions/0/217691032428100440/

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
Paradox Accounts

You will receive one daily reward for playing logged in to a Paradox account on consecutive days. Here are the list of consumables that will be randomly distributed:

Potion of Elemental Barrier - +10 Shock/Fire/Frost Armor, +50 Defense vs. Paralyzed/Burning/Frozen
Potion of Invisibility

Free microtransactions confirmed!

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Paradox Accounts

Potion of Invisibility

:what:

Mobile RPG mechanics?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where'd you see that, Abu Antar? It doesn't sound like something they'd commit to now.
I saw it in some stram that they are talking to Paradox about an expansion. Don't know if it was a slip of the tongue ot it was ok to reveal that. I think I read it in one of the written pieces, too.

I might have imagined it, lol. I've got the flu and am half delirious.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Where'd you see that, Abu Antar? It doesn't sound like something they'd commit to now.
I saw it in some stram that they are talking to Paradox about an expansion. Don't know if it was a slip of the tongue ot it was ok to reveal that. I think I read it in one of the written pieces, too.

I might have imagined it, lol. I've got the flu and am half delirious.

Yeah okay, there have been placed where they said they were talking/thinking about it, but it's not confirmed.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Paradox Accounts

Potion of Invisibility

:what:

Mobile RPG mechanics?
More like MMO. It's very obvious that people on this project have developed MMOs.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom