Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny Released

Deleted member 7219

Gameplay, the SJW agenda ala Bioware (even tho it wasn't through your throat kind of thing, it was well placed really but feels just as jarring as always)

Just out of curiosity, where are the SJW moments?

I haven't noticed anything, having not played much yet.

There aren't any.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
The entire game is a SJW moment. Just look at the goddamn writing team.

Matt_MacLean.jpg

CqLgH-gW8AEeq4M.jpg

starksauthorpic.jpg

jREyeWWE.jpeg

Despite all the beards, the only source of testosterone is in Tim Cain's big bear of a husband. :lol:

Fairfax

Arcane
I thought other devs would've learned a thing or two from David Gaider about toupées:

BPAHE54CEAMtkZh.jpg:large

Whisper

Arcane
Vatnik
Also, already 25 hours in and just near end of Act 2. How much more?

The entire game is a SJW moment. Just look at the goddamn writing team.

Matt_MacLean.jpg

CqLgH-gW8AEeq4M.jpg

starksauthorpic.jpg

jREyeWWE.jpeg

Despite all the beards, the only source of testosterone is in Tim Cain's big bear of a husband. :lol:

Was there some moment in time, around 4-5 years ago, when suddenly around 75% of gays and straight guys just swapped places in terms of manliness? It's astounding - you see a guy with a faggy hipster look, and there's a 99% chance he's straight, whereas the gay guys these days seem to have successfully offloaded all the weirdos onto the tranny population.

I actually suspect that's got a lot to do both with current gay acceptance and how things were treated historically. Read an article recently theorising that homophobia is less to do with hating gays, and more to do with hating effiminate men. The article was using it for a 'gays aren't oppressed, trannies are' argument, but it also makes sense - historically, the number one thing that they'd have to enforce was that guys do their share of military defence, labouring, etc.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Better to not have a 3rd act because you can't afford to make it than to pad out an act to make up for game dev time you just don't have like PoE did with Twin elms and after

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
I played the beginning portion of the game.

Honestly I didn't mind PoE like some did here but this feels quite underdeveloped.

Basic premise is good. But execution is weak; e.g. the playing of the two factions against each other is done in such a stereotyped and boring way.

The combat is so banal. Instead of the DnD light of PoE, we get dragon age light and it's boring as hell.

Not sure I'll be able to finish the game, mainly because of the combat.

I hate to say this but this game really could have used some of Sawyer's autism when it comes to system design.

And Obsidian is really suffering the loss of their more nuanced writers like Avellone, Gonzalez, Zeits.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Basic premise is good. But execution is weak; e.g. the playing of the two factions against each other is done in such a stereotyped and boring way.

Just wait 'till you realize that the two factions are literally evil and good.

One provides happily ever after slides, the other wants to eat your "friends".

Obsidian probably intended something incredible nuanced such as chaotic evil and lawful evil, but even that seems to be beyond their capabilities those days.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Better to not have a 3rd act because you can't afford to make it than to pad out an act to make up for game dev time you just don't have like PoE did with Twin elms and after

Twin Elms content was fine (post-3.0).

Sizzle

Arcane
Twin Elms has some of the better quest in the game (the God quests, as an obvious example).

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
You say game is SJW Comrades? Well we have society led by strong independent womyn being crashed by Northerners led by Men mostly easily (both Ms Angry Tits and Eb confirming how pathetic Tiersfaggots are) and options to: send one annoying cunt to pigs (implying tasteful rape) another got falcon punch for thinking my Inquisitor Fate Binder is her toy and three women captains who fought to be warriors executed one by kicking from tower... and I am 1/3 thru act 2... Hope there will be plenty ocasisons to show how much Librulism is fantasy which sorta still exists thanks mostly for western white knights and faggot new males in rest of game too.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Twin Elms in general felt hard to escape the feeling that the game ended on a really flat note chugging through not so memorable content outside of the gods when you were chugging through there, and then there was the trash mob gauntlet in the final area.

It seemed like a tale of two quests, the critical path which had some really well done gods stuff, which was wall to wall strong, and some weak af not critical path that felt kinda tacked on and not very special in a lot of cases.

Sizzle

Arcane
Yes, but end dungeons being worse than the rest of the game is common in RPGs.

Besides the Sun in Shadow part, Twin Elms is an okay enough area - better than most of Defiance Bay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom