Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Tyranny to release on November 10th of this year, gets new trailer and pre-order DLC

sstacks

Arcane
I feel like I'm in a very small minority that has no interesting in playing evil. Having only somewhat kept up with the news on this game, has there been any info on paths that let you be good in an evil world?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I feel like I'm in a very small minority that has no interesting in playing evil. Having only somewhat kept up with the news on this game, has there been any info on paths that let you be good in an evil world?

They say you can try, but it won't be easy.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
If the Overlord is commanding you to spank 'em, then yeah, if you are doing it on your own volition then no :p Besides, I was talking about his real life inhibitions to spank 'em.

D!!

Educated
Buy it day one if you have to, but don't pre-order. It's not like they have an inventory to manage!

Just don't want to bother with tracking calendar. I would have bought it anyway. I'm too much of Obsidian groupie.

jungl

Augur
Its philosophically debatable whether being good in game like this is actually greater evil. You are going against people who trusted you and probably have to kill and betray many of them. They have lives and are just following orders and cause they believe in too you know. Its like being top dog in nazi party and killing everyone else. The ultimate evil would be screwing over everyone, good and bad for laughs which would be DnD chaotic evil

Lacrymas

Arcane
It's more debatable whether any of that matters :p You only have the actuality of reality in-game and you couldn't care less whether spanking the slaves is good or bad. In that situation being anything from a moral perspective is devalued, probably even worthless.

Turjan

Arcane
I guess being a commander should somehow relieve you from petty evil like spanking slaves. It's more about ruthless decisions.

I haven't paid enough attention to the game though to have a good idea how exactly "evil" works here.

jungl

Augur
spanking slaves to teach them obedience is whatever. Its a very trivial act like a farmer watering his crops. Knowing shitsidian they won't even have that as a option. I have a feeling this games evil theme not going to go any deeper then the last airbender evil fire nation attacks water/earth etc.

retamar

Educated
Am I the only one who finds Poe and Tyranys's backgrounds to be too clean and dull? There is a certain amount of grain and blurriness on the Infinity Engine that makes them look far better than this ones. Also, the models are too desaturated and do not stand out with the environment.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Am I the only one who finds Poe and Tyranys's backgrounds to be too clean and dull? There is a certain amount of grain and blurriness on the Infinity Engine that makes them look far better than this ones. Also, the models are too desaturated and do not stand out with the environment.
I kind of agree. Defiance Bay bothered me simply because of how clean it looked.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PoE feels more sterile, but it's not because of graphics, I think they are superior to anything IE. It's the lack of people and reactivity and overall feeling.

DeepOcean

Arcane
You know, some mud and cart wheel tracks, some areas where the rain fallen off, some signs of decay on the buildings like painting falling off on some spots or the sun having bleached the colours of some buildings, cracks on the walls... some details like that were missed on PoE, the ultra high resolution only made that even more noticeable. If you are making a city overflowing with refugees... maybe placing some refugees around would be a good idea... even fucking Dragon Spear was better at this.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I only hope Dungeon Rats gets released before the 10th, so I'll have my hands full in the meantime.

Yep, don't worry about it ;)
What funny is that I will probably find more evil on Dungeon Rats than on the PG 13 Tranny. Can I actually be mean to people on a non retarded way on your game or we will be discussing the nature of soggy beast matriarchy boobies killing in the shadows?

Zanzoken

Arcane
I haven't paid enough attention to the game though to have a good idea how exactly "evil" works here.

The village is under attack! What do you do?

1) Help the villagers, refuse to accept any reward. (+1 paragon)
2) Help the villagers, accept reward. (neutral)
3) Help the villagers, accept reward and chastise them for being weak. (+1 renegade)

Epic C&C, bro.

Lacrymas

Arcane
If you mean that quasi-Crucifixion at the end, sure. I really, really don't want them to draw any parallels to Christianity or Jesus, they are either going to sugar-coat it in "Jesus is love and salvation" bullshit or proclaim some village atheism which makes no sense, i.e. they are going to get it wrong :p They should learn how to write a self-contained universe first, before spilling it in the real one. I suppose if the damage is done it's already done, we'll see.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom