Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter U55 - END OF THE LINE

Branm

Learned
Suppose it looks interesting enough. Kind of funny that they launched just as the Shadow of the Eternal kickstarter ended well short of its goal :P

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/u55/u55-end-of-the-line

Here’s the gist of it:
U55 – END OF THE LINE is a groundbreaking first-person horror adventure inspired by classic horror games such as Amnesia, Dead Space, Silent Hill and, of course, Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth.

The game features binaural sound effects especially intended for stereo headsets. These are designed to support the disturbing, adrenaline-driven atmosphere and enhance your perception.

The game faithfully recreates Berlin’s original sites, such as subway stations, parts of the government district, and the central station.

In the story-driven game, you play as David, an American student living in Berlin. While he is on his way to the central station to meet his girlfriend, his subway train crashes. In order to find a way out, he has to navigate through the dark with the smartphone display as his only source of light.

As one of our stretch goals, U55 – END OF THE LINE will come with full support for Oculus Rift, which we consider to be one of the most exciting advancements in gaming technology these days. Why would we decline the opportunity to create an even more memorable and immersive gaming experience?

Fens

Ford of the Llies
yeah... that's totally rad that they totally recreate the real subway and stuff... but uh... the U55 in berlin has exactly 3 stops

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
It looks very pretty, but I already hate the forced acting/comments from the PC. A sin in the horror genre. Announcer speeches should be in German, to add to the authenticity and confusion (for the non-German speaking players).

Kz3r0

Arcane
IAnnouncer speeches should be in German, to add to the authenticity and confusion (for the non-German speaking players).
That would be perfect, everyone would be convinced that is Cthulhu speak.

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Looks cool but it's too goddamn noisy, needs some eerie silence with the sound of your footsteps echoing down the deserted subway tunnels

In order to find a way out, he has to navigate through the dark with the smartphone display as his only source of light.
So there's a 3 hour time-limit? :M

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
Their pitch video is kind of cringe worthy/ridiculous but I like what I see nonetheless. Cautiously pledging for now, I will see if I up my pledge later on.

zwanzig_zwoelf

The game features binaural sound effects especially intended for stereo headsets. These are designed to support the disturbing, adrenaline-driven atmosphere and enhance your perception.
Can't they just move to 5.1 already?
This technique is pretty new to gaming. Until now, only one game had a binaural soundtrack at one point (Pokemon - Green Edition) with severe consequences.
I'll gå play that shit.
  1. …京极 勝女; April 12 1996 (11). Obstructive sleep apnea, severe migraines, otorrhagia, tinnitus. Attacked a police officer near a government building and was killed.
  2. 千葉 広幸: May 23 1996 (12). General irritability, insomnia, addiction to videogame, nosebleeds. Developed into violent streaks against others and eventually himself. [自殺]
  3. 桃井 久江: April 27 1996 (11). Cluster headaches, irritability. Self harmed and carved the kanji symbols for "Empire" into his wrists, then died. [自殺]
  4. 吉長 為真: March 4 1996 (7). Migraines, sluggish and slow behaviour, unresponsiveness. Developed into deafness, and went missing. Body discovered beside road April 20 1996. [死出]

Hundreds of Japanese children fell victim to these effects, many of them committing suicide eventually. As you can see these binaural beats lead to many problems, including symptoms of brain hemorrhaging and violent actions against others.
Shit, this game rocks, I want this game in our kindergartens.

I know the info is most probably fake, but still. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

zwanzig_zwoelf

Careful guise. It's a trap. German 4th Reich takeover through binaural sound brain-frying imminent. Jawohl we can!
...And that was the last thing we've heard from Morgoth.

Rumors were that he committed suicide, but neither his body nor clear evidence were found.

skacky

3D Realms
Developer
The noise... The noise! T̵̸͖̲͕͔̫̠̬̬̼͖͓̞͈̝̗͉̞̊ͦ͂͆̐̓ͮ͐͛ͭ͆̐̎̒ͧ͗̓͛̆͝ͅĤ̴̘͎͙̯̤̻̲̣͕̯̰͙̪̥͉͐ͨ̂͘͜͡͠Ȩ̴̸͙͎͙͉͔ͫ̄̍̉̀̓̀ ͆̑͆͑ͯ͂ͥ̊̏ͤͤ͊ͧ͗͑̇̚̚͏͢͡҉̘̦̮͉̫̘̝̣̟̰͚̥͎̼̝͠N̴̨̻̝̠̻̩̺̥̤̙̬͇̺̼̯̟̿̓͆͒͐ͮ̏́͘O͊̈́̓͂̍̾̑̽͌ͥ̃́͟҉̹̜̪̪͉̬̻͉̱͔͕͖͕͇̭̜̀I̵̟̫̞̫̙̣͎̩̤̤͇͍̙͇͛͛ͭ͛͑̑͆̇͂̒ͮ́̑̌̆ͮ͆̎ͧ͢͡S̵̥̠̥͇͓̪̰̰̙̦̱̐̌̑̌͗̔̈͛̕E̶̢̲̮̟̙̪͓̭̭̔͊̀̆̎ͭͤ̔̒̋͑̏̏ͯ̌ͥ̀ ̸̴̲͇̟͖̼̬̺̣̪̞͚̳͙̻̲̄̐̔̂ͬ̒͟͝ͅE̴͔̦̮̮̜ͥͭͣ̒́̎͑Ŗ̷̻̺̹̦̩̥̜̦̥̣͉ͥ̉ͯ̅̾ͧ̊ͅM̴͚͕̪͎̉ͤͦ̽̾̆̃͊ͭ̑͋̿͗̀͐͆̃̚͡͞͞A̢ͬͯͬ̅ͮͣ̓͐̈́̃̅ͮͮ̚̕͏̭̬̪̘̱̘͍̭̙G̸̅̎ͮͩ̽̾̐̈́͑ͤ̇͌̇̋̚͏̛̫̻̗̹̣͇̣̦͔̠̭̦͕̭͘͟Ḧ̷͍̤̬̲͉̦̙͎̪͂͂ͦ̍̿͠E̶ͭͣ̈ͮ͆͒͋͆ͯͬ̀̏͜͜͡͏̯̺̗̳͍͖͓̤̻͙̣͈Ṛ̬̗̗̭̻̦̠̣̖͂ͫ̎ͫ͋̇͒ͥ̏͠ͅD̖͎͇̮͔̬̜̒ͫ̍ͪ͋ͨ̑̔ͤ̏͂͊̈́̚͢͡ͅ

hoverdog

dog that is hovering, Wastelands Interactive
Developer
Project: Eternity
END OF RINE

untitle2.png

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Careful guise. It's a trap. German 4th Reich takeover through binaural sound brain-frying imminent. Jawohl we can!

Rumors were that he committed suicide, but neither his body nor clear evidence were found.

Reichsleiter Morgoth was lastly seen entering a strange Wunderwaffe vehicle and escaping to an unknown destination.

It it also rumored that he was shortly after betrayed by his...benefactors.

ufofeu5p.jpg

zwanzig_zwoelf

Reichsleiter Morgoth was lastly seen entering a strange Wunderwaffe vehicle and escaping to an unknown destination.

It it also rumored that he was shortly after betrayed by his...benefactors.

ufofeu5p.jpg

I told you bro to never deal with aliens, never deal with fucking aliens, they'll rape your ass before you know it and then piss in it shortly after.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom