Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

UFO 2 Extraterrestrials is Coming

Discussion in 'TCancer News & Content Comments' started by Jason, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    <strong>[ Announcement ]</strong>

<p>Chaos Concept, the lads behind UFO: Extraterrestrials, haven't packed in their plasma rifles just yet as they're announced <strong><a href="http://ufo-extraterrestrials.com/" target="_blank">UFO 2 Extraterrestrials: Shadows Over Earth</a></strong>.</p><ul><li>A fully 3D game combining real-time global strategy & air combat with turn-based tactical missions</li><li>A turn-based &ldquo;I-Go-You-Go&ldquo; tactical squad-based game system</li><li>Interactive environments with destructible terrain.</li><li>A large number of technologies, weapons, and combat units to develop</li><li>A large number of aliens to interrogate </li><li>Strong RPG elements where soldiers&rsquo; stats improve with experience</li><li>Dynamic lighting for intense fire-fights</li><li>Final Gameplay design and balance tweaks by the author of the popular original UFO:ET Bman Ease of Use Mod.</li></ul><p>The inclusion of Bman's improvements prompts the question: why buy this when I can just play the original with the mod installed?

As to that other X-COM project, <a href="http://ufoai.sourceforge.net/" target="_blank">UFO: Alien Invasion</a> is still being worked on, including the addition of an off-base <a href="http://ufoai.ninex.info/wiki/index.php/Proposals/Off-base_UFO_Yards" target="_blank">UFO Yard</a>.</p><p><em>Thanks to Lonley Vazdru </em>
    </p>

^ Top  
  2. Hobbit Lord of Mordor Scholar

Hobbit Lord of Mordor
    Try to get an interview with CC.

UFO:AI has lots of ideas but I'd like to see a functional v 2.2 released and a larger variety of maps.

^ Top  
  3. Jason chasing a bee

Jason
    Will do, but those guys have proven to be either very shy or very lazy when it comes to interviews in the past.

^ Top  
  4. YourConscience Scholar

YourConscience
    I offer to translate the questions into czech and the answers back into english again. (This is relevant, because the developers have proven to be not so well-versed in english)

Heck, I might even try to visit them in person, once I find out where they hide!

^ Top  
  5. GarfunkeL Racism Expert

GarfunkeL
    Do it do it do it!

^ Top  
  6. Burning Bridges Enviado de meu SM-G3502T usando Tapatalk

Burning Bridges
    Never played X-Com, but I'm itching to find another game like Ja2. This seems to be the only clone that does not introduce retarded real time combat, so I guess it's one of the last hopes.

^ Top  
  7. YourConscience Scholar

YourConscience
    So, it seems after some initial reactions no one came up with any questions. Or are you all still working on them?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)