Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Wadjet Eye Unavowed - Dave Gilbert's RPG-inspired urban fantasy game

Discussion in 'Adventure Gaming' started by Crooked Bee, May 27, 2015.

1. Vorark Savant

Vorark
    Thought the same, no wonder some people are so butthurt about this. :shittydog:

• Funny Funny x 2
    ^ Top  
  2. Cromwell Arcane

Cromwell
    I would be more butthurt if as female you dont go for the guy. So much for "muh sjw shit" So since I play something else right now but was curious I watched the other endings on youtube
    Show Spoiler
    From what I saw it doesnt really mater who you save you can get the best ending even if all the guys you may kill die? I expected to need the whole team for the best ending which would mean using summons to get to evilyou but it seems it doesnt matter (except for the ending slides?

I liked the ending here more than in blackwell
    Show Spoiler
    aside from the the jesus thing I thought it was very cruel to ressurrect joy because now he is alive again but everyone he ever knew is dead and he himself is pretty much non existant in any system which relegates him to a life on the streets as begger or something. Also kaykay not only died being killed by her mother, only ten years old, now she may spend the rest of eternity as a fucking ghost, poor child.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. fantadomat Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Edgy

fantadomat
    Faggy game for faggots,just another sjw decline.

• Participation Award x 3
    • Edgy x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • cool story bro x 1
    • I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Shit x 1
    • Hoo x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Big Wrangle Guest

Big Wrangle
    Yeah I noticed that inconsistency too, some of the characters sounded like they delivered their lines via Discord VC or something. Not sure what happened there.

^ Top  
  5. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    yeah, the hipster rainbow bagel guy is especially bad. Sounds like they are recordinh with ninendo labo cardboard mic or something if it exist.

^ Top  
  6. Abu Antar Tweet, tweet Patron

Abu Antar
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

• incline incline x 9
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Excited! Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Dodo1610 Learned

Dodo1610
    I second that, it's obvious that Dave really enjoyed creating this world and since the Unavowed exist all over the world it's easy to make a sequel that has no connection with the first game's plot. Let's hope it becomes a success for Wadjet eye

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Big Wrangle Guest

Big Wrangle
    Looks like I missed the Joey cameo, wasn't even aware of it until now. I do love how detective Sam Durkin just keeps running into, as far as he's concerned, weird-ass people. By the time of Unavowed he just doesn't give a shit.

^ Top  
  9. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine
    http://indiegames.com/2018/08/unavowed.html

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    Now that this is the most profitable game ever, the sequel could add some difficulty, maybe.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Pyke The Brotherhood Developer

Pyke
    I gotta say I loved the
    Show Spoiler
    twist in the final act. I genuinely didnt see it coming. I assumed that I was still possessed, but that the rest of the Unavowed knew it and were using my lapse in memory to tease the truth out of me - or that I was currently INSIDE the pocket universe already, created as a way to force me to reveal what I had done...or something like that.

I definitely want to go back and play as another character and make some different choices to see what happens. The return of the flaming guy and the demon who you let feed on the corpses was a nice callback to earlier choices in a way that felt very natural.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Started playan, just finished the Mystery of the Fire Elemental (tm)

Game looks fun so far even though I find it hard to treat the rather generic urban fantasy shtick seriously. I'm not that much a fan of urban fantasy in general because it seems all the damn things always follow the exact same formula, i.e. "regular guy in Big_City suddenly finds that Big_City has a supernatural underground and he suddenly has to leave his loife behind!!!", and for now Unavowed is no exception.

Also, I'm a bit puzzled by the amount of locations, which all seem to have only like 1 hotspot to interact with and nothing else. Feels like... wasted resources? Sorta?

• hopw roewur ne hopw roewur ne x 2
    • decline decline x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. evdk comrade troglodyte :M Patron

evdk
    Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
    You need to wait for the twist.

Show Spoiler
    Yes, it's basically KOTOR, but at least it makes your avatar actually somewhat interesting

^ Top  
  14. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Kitty Kitty x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Pyke The Brotherhood Developer

Pyke
    Cool twists in a story based game are important. The Others is an awesome ghost movie because of the twist. The Sixth Sense is a pretty bland movie until the final act.

And I didnt see anyone claiming that its good because of one twist, rather that the story itself is enjoyable because of the twist(s) it takes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Boleskine Arcane

Boleskine

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    I kinda like Unavowed, but... the story is too similar to the Blackwell series. It's "The Paranormal Streets of San Francisco New York". Again.

^ Top  
  18. Darth Roxor Prestigious Gentleman Wielder of the Huegpenis

Darth Roxor
    Hah, the mouse-over descriptions over props and such differ depending on whether you're man or womyns. That's a pretty cool detail.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • nice nice x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Gondolin Arcane

Gondolin
    Speaking of details: "We must gather more information before venturing forth". Got a chuckle out of me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Egosphere Erudite

Egosphere
    Started it yesterday. It's ok, at best. A lot of it is simply walking and talking, the puzzles are very easy. Some of them are so straightforward that they become hard as your mind searches for a more elaborate solution. The characters are so-so: some are okay, but occasional dialogue remarks like 'you're gaslighting', or whatever it was, are pretty jarring. Voice acting is pretty good. I won't judge the story yet because I've only just finished the Staten Island part - I guess that it's the sole facet of the experience that will either make or break the whole game. It's a 'story' game at it's heart. The puzzles and 'rpg' elements are just minor embellishments.

PS: Harrison
    Show Spoiler
    offed herself in my game, is that a bad ending confirmed?

• Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Berekän I hate China Patron

Berekän
    Show Spoiler
    Nope, you "choose" your ending in the last sequence, regardless of your choices during the game.

^ Top  
  22. Egosphere Erudite

Egosphere
    Nice. My manual saves' placing is not too convenient for a replay.

^ Top  
  23. Berekän I hate China Patron

Berekän
    Well
    Show Spoiler
    it still affects the ending slides, only the 'main' ending gets unaffected

More spoilerish (open)
    Also changes some of the puzzles around the ending

^ Top  
  24. opium fiend Augur

opium fiend
    As always, I'm paralyzed with indecision whenever I'm presented with a choice in a game. If I choose bartender background, will I be stuck with logan as an optional teammate or will I have access to NPCs from other origins?

^ Top  
  25. Big Wrangle Guest

Big Wrangle
    Origins don't lock you out of a party member, don't worry about that.

• Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)