Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail DEEP STALKERS are total shit!!!

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Reading these forums has made me realize that I have been blessed with an amazing tolerance for time-wasting bullshit. I'm honestly not sure how some of you manage to play games at all, with your demand for non-stop action all the time.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
i just point it out for the possibility that it could bug the game and making stalkers very fast outside of combat.
That's what a speedhack does mate, it makes everything fast outside of combat...
The game have some bad design decisions
It has one or two bad design decisions sure, stalkers aren't one.
Come on guys,this is becoming insulting.Do you honestly think that i can use cheatengine but i have absolutely no idea what a speed hack do??? I was talking about a bug,,that speeds the stalkers a lot more than other enemies. I go in combat on double speed ,it is pretty normal,still the stalkers feel like teleporting to me. I have noticed some strange things with them,once i tried out with the ultimate ap,it seems like the sting attack is like a range attack.

For bad design,well default walking speed and shop restrictions. It doesn't feel right in a scavenging economy/world. Also the whole "realistic" argument is retarded,shops in the real world don't buy different shit from random people.

Jesus fuck, is there any game in which you don't use cheatengine??

Anything before 2005 maybe. I have no fucking desire to waste 2 hours of watching my character go from core city to the starting station. The walking speed is extremely slow,without the speed hack i wouldn't have bothered playing the game....again.

Reading these forums has made me realize that I have been blessed with an amazing tolerance for time-wasting bullshit. I'm honestly not sure how some of you manage to play games at all, with your demand for non-stop action all the time.
Soo you enjoy isometric walking sims,good for you mate.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Psi users have some broken abilities. Electrokinetic Imprint, Forcefield and Exothermic Aura in combination with chokepoints is really good against stalkers. Thermodynamic Destabilization is great for everything else, provided you also have stealth.
I played a sniper/psi user hybrid, worked out pretty great.

That said, you'll still need to detect the stalkers, which is pretty difficult unless you actually know that they're in the location beforehand.
When you run into them, just reload, put on detection goggles, sneak and take things slow, you'll discover them eventually.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
By now i am pretty used to stalkers and my detections skills are high enough after paranoia to detect them first if i move slow.

On the psi part,is there any other trainers outside the first 3? I have used the obelisk in the junckyard quest and have the copy/shadow skill.

Also is there anyway to power keypads that don't have power? I am the abandoned research facility,you get to it by going all right/east from the lower train station at the core city and at the end you go up/north.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
On the psi part,is there any other trainers outside the first 3? I have used the obelisk in the junckyard quest and have the copy/shadow skill.
Sort of.
http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Psionic_trainers
They're items that you right click, gives you the respective psi ability tied in with the item.
Also is there anyway to power keypads that don't have power?
You have to figure out a way to turn on the power in the research station, or perhaps go through some vents.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
You have to figure out a way to turn on the power in the research station, or perhaps go through some vents.
The power generator was on and there wasn't any vents around,i do explore them when i see some. Are you giving general suggestions or you can actually enter the room?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
The power generator was on and there wasn't any vents around,i do explore them when i see some. Are you giving general suggestions or you can actually enter the room?
Just general. I think I know what you're talking about but nothing immediately comes to mind. Is there a quest associated with it? It's entirely possible you might not be able to enter the room.

ciox

Liturgist
Speedhack can fuck with the combat sometimes, maybe that's what's happening to you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Does anyone know a way to join the free drones? I finished the train quest without knowing that it will lock me out of their faction,is there any other way?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Does anyone know a way to join the free drones? I finished the train quest without knowing that it will lock me out of their faction,is there any other way?
Sadly no. This is one of those "bad design choices" I was referencing. It sort of makes sense, because why would an extremely secretive organization allow an outsider who completely ruined a highly important operations into their secret resistance, but I feel like it could be executed in a way that was a little clearer. It's a shame, because I feel like the Free Drone quest line is much more fulfilling and interesting than the Protectorate quest line; though the final mission of the Protectorate arch is metal as fuck.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I am in the deep caves and most of them are pretty shit,there is some nice sections but most of it is respawning shit and meh in general. Does anyone knows how to get to the cryogenic pods,or you can just kill them all?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I am in the deep caves and most of them are pretty shit,there is some nice sections but most of it is respawning shit and meh in general. Does anyone knows how to get to the cryogenic pods,or you can just kill them all?
Just run past the respawns. As for the shadows, you can't kill them. They can't see you even if you're out of stealth, you just need to stay out of their l.o.s and run around them. You need to get to the cry pods, and when you click on them and destroy the person inside, the shadows go away.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just run past the respawns. As for the shadows, you can't kill them. They can't see you even if you're out of stealth, you just need to stay out of their l.o.s and run around them. You need to get to the cry pods, and when you click on them and destroy the person inside, the shadows go away.
Yeah,i have figured that out. I was curious if there is a way without killing all those people. It seems pretty shitty thing to do.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Yeah,i have figured that out. I was curious if there is a way without killing all those people. It seems pretty shitty thing to do.
If you read some of the terminals in the apartment complex, it kinda goes into detail who they were and what happened. The tl;dr version, they probably deserved it, and even if they didn't, they were all dead anyway.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If you read some of the terminals in the apartment complex, it kinda goes into detail who they were and what happened. The tl;dr version, they probably deserved it, and even if they didn't, they were all dead anyway.
Only one asshole deserved it and that was the mutagen scientist,Austin or what it was his name. Most of them were normal dudes and chicks,i would hardly call growing mushrooms a crime. Also from what i gathered they are not dead. It is shame that this part was rushed and there wasn't an option to save them. Oh well.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Just finished the game and the ending was railroaded shit. It make the whole game kind of pointless,or more accurately the whole main plot. You run trough all this shit only to end up in the same place with a promotion. Another annoying thing is that you can't affect other stations in a way that strengthen yours,but that is a small nitpic. Another annoying thing is that you don't get any real answers,everyone threats you like a retard. The answer simple question like "who are you?" with "Duh,you can't understand" :roll:. It is pretty obvious that the end segment was just rushed and the dev got bored making the game. It is really sad,it could have been a lot more.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Just finished the game and the ending was railroaded shit. It make the whole game kind of pointless,or more accurately the whole main plot. You run trough all this shit only to end up in the same place with a promotion. Another annoying thing is that you can't affect other stations in a way that strengthen yours,but that is a small nitpic. Another annoying thing is that you don't get any real answers,everyone threats you like a retard. The answer simple question like "who are you?" with "Duh,you can't understand" :roll:. It is pretty obvious that the end segment was just rushed and the dev got bored making the game. It is really sad,it could have been a lot more.

Why are you so pointless?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
It make the whole game kind of pointless,or more accurately the whole main plot.
That's just wrong. First of all, you lifted the siege on Core City, which in turn opens up the path Northern UnderRail. Throughout the game, your choices also affected whether or not the influence of the Protectorate spread into Southern UnderRail, which in turn might lead to more interesting interactions with either the Free Drones, or perhaps even the dope ass sounding Western UnderRail. Ignoring all that, you also learn a fuck ton depending on whether or not you went through with the Abram quest line.
Another annoying thing is that you can't affect other stations in a way that strengthen yours,but that is a small nitpic.
Eh, sort of. You siding with the Free Drones does in fact affect your station in a way that strengthens our position, and by helping the Black Eels you definitely help strengthen SGS, but I know what you mean. I do agree that would have been interesting, but oh well.
Another annoying thing is that you don't get any real answers,everyone threats you like a retard.
Mate, you get a bunch of answers; although it really does depend if you went through Abram's quest line. Other than that, sometimes revealing too much is a bad thing. I love the mysterious mystique with the Faceless, and it makes the idea of infiltrating them even more interesting.
The answer simple question like "who are you?" with "Duh,you can't understand" :roll:.
Part of the fun is brainstorming and trying to figure out who Six is through the shit you find in Abram's quest line and in the other documents; as well as other things that will presumably revealed in the expansion and a sequel.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
That's just wrong. First of all, you lifted the siege on Core City, which in turn opens up the path Northern UnderRail. Throughout the game, your choices also affected whether or not the influence of the Protectorate spread into Southern UnderRail, which in turn might lead to more interesting interactions with either the Free Drones, or perhaps even the dope ass sounding Western UnderRail. Ignoring all that, you also learn a fuck ton depending on whether or not you went through with the Abram quest line.
That is obvious mate,i didn't mean it in this way. I was talking about the main quest line,you are send hunting the cube and you can't even keep it because of forced cut scene. Clearly you knew what six is capable of and what it wanted,at least let me shove an EMP up his robotic ass and fight him. From the whole main quest line you got only a fucking promotion,it is nice if you roleplay a guy with a mercenary attitude sure. But the mystery and the main quest get hyped during the final quarter and yet you get away from it with nothing substantial. You don't know what the power source is used for,what is the intension of the robots or the faceless. Clearly all of them pose a threat to underrail and the people,why bend over for them?

Eh, sort of. You siding with the Free Drones does in fact affect your station in a way that strengthens our position, and by helping the Black Eels you definitely help strengthen SGS, but I know what you mean. I do agree that would have been interesting, but oh well.
Yeah,i have seem in the ending files,sadly i screw both of those quests and didn't get to see it. Both consequences were far too hidden. I was expecting to get a similar chance from the other gang as well and not just end the whole quest chain. As for the free drones,well they were just named bandits shoot first for a tactical advantage.

Mate, you get a bunch of answers; although it really does depend if you went through Abram's quest line. Other than that, sometimes revealing too much is a bad thing. I love the mysterious mystique with the Faceless, and it makes the idea of infiltrating them even more interesting.
Well you don't get answers,you get guesses,which is fine by me,do like a good mystery. I didn't like to have retarded answers to every single question like "you can't understand,we don't have time for this". It feels really forceful way to hide all that shit. It is not that hard to guest most of the plot half way trough the game. Even from the beginning i was thinking that the faceless were eater mutants or machines/cyborgs.

Part of the fun is brainstorming and trying to figure out who Six is through the shit you find in Abram's quest line and in the other documents; as well as other things that will presumably revealed in the expansion and a sequel.
Yeah finding info was the best part of the game,really loved reading the IRC chats in the deep caves. Also it was really well done how you get a snippets of info from different encounters and quests throughout the game.

As for the DLC....well we all throw a hissy fit when the big corps do it,why not when the indi do it?

With the you don't get any real answers thing. I think that's nice. And that the end segment was rushed, I thought it was just as polished as everything else.
As i just answered in this post mate,i don't have a problem with not getting all the answers,the problem for me was how it was blocked. Also a lot of the deep caves was clearly rushed mate,for me was very obvious.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
That is obvious mate,i didn't mean it in this way. I was talking about the main quest line,you are send hunting the cube and you can't even keep it because of forced cut scene. Clearly you knew what six is capable of and what it wanted,at least let me shove an EMP up his robotic ass and fight him. From the whole main quest line you got only a fucking promotion,it is nice if you roleplay a guy with a mercenary attitude sure. But the mystery and the main quest get hyped during the final quarter and yet you get away from it with nothing substantial. You don't know what the power source is used for,what is the intension of the robots or the faceless. Clearly all of them pose a threat to underrail and the people,why bend over for them?
I can see your point, but I had no real intention of keeping the Cube as I was friendly with the Faceless. As for them posing a threat to UnderRail, that's where you're wrong; as it's made clear that they have no real intention of fucking with UnderRail. Also, depending on what you do, you can choose to travel to northern UnderRail too, instead of the promotion.
Yeah,i have seem in the ending files,sadly i screw both of those quests and didn't get to see it. Both consequences were far too hidden. I was expecting to get a similar chance from the other gang as well and not just end the whole quest chain. As for the free drones,well they were just named bandits shoot first for a tactical advantage.
Yeah, it's tough. I got lucky and I ended up doing everything almost perfect my first run through. I sided with the Eels, I did Abram's quest line, I did fuck up with the Free Drones, but everything else ended up working out. Say what you want, Styg isn't afraid of C&C. The quest line with Abram is so fucking good though, I would honestly replay the game just for that quest line. Also, did you have 7 will? That's important because it allows you to interact with the Pillars, which also gives a bunch of information regarding Six and some other stuff.
Well you don't get answers,you get guesses,which is fine by me,do like a good mystery. I didn't like to have retarded answers to every single question like "you can't understand,we don't have time for this". It feels really forceful way to hide all that shit. It is not that hard to guest most of the plot half way trough the game. Even from the beginning i was thinking that the faceless were eater mutants or machines/cyborgs.
*shrug* Some of it is a matter of opinion. I thought it was integrated pretty well and I didn't really have a problem with it.
As for the DLC....well we all throw a hissy fit when the big corps do it,why not when the indi do it?
Because the DLC is going to be free, and it's going to be a massive expansion. The game still wouldn't be out if we were waiting for the DLC to be incorporated. They're really different.

Overall, shit is subjective of course but I absolutely loved the story in UnderRail.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I can see your point, but I had no real intention of keeping the Cube as I was friendly with the Faceless. As for them posing a threat to UnderRail, that's where you're wrong; as it's made clear that they have no real intention of fucking with UnderRail. Also, depending on what you do, you can choose to travel to northern UnderRail too, instead of the promotion.
Ughhh bunch of super mutants with endless power source and advanced tech and access to alien shit. Rulers and nation's focus change,of course they are thread. Also i like to play as human purist,everything not up to my standard should burn ;). I was intending to wipe both stations in the deep caves after the boss,but sadly they run away from me before i could teach them a lesson. Death to the filthy XENOS!

Yeah, it's tough. I got lucky and I ended up doing everything almost perfect my first run through. I sided with the Eels, I did Abram's quest line, I did fuck up with the Free Drones, but everything else ended up working out. Say what you want, Styg isn't afraid of C&C. The quest line with Abram is so fucking good though, I would honestly replay the game just for that quest line. Also, did you have 7 will? That's important because it allows you to interact with the Pillars, which also gives a bunch of information regarding Six and some other stuff.

Yeah i agree about his C&C,i wasn't butthurt about it,maybe a tad bit about the drones. But i fix it by wiping every single protectorate from the game :salute:. Also yeah i got the whole alien story,more or less. I do tend to skip sentences when i read descriptory text. Still i got that it was space prison in a way,maybe the shit that the godlike were afraid of. Also the two robots were/are the guardians of the prison trying to do different shit. Also most likely the shit in the prison fucked up the surface. If i have to guess it is either their emotions or some space monster that wants/did to destroy them.

Do you know when the DLC will hit?

I maybe criticising the game a tad bit but i do really like it. It is glorious incline to the RPG genre.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Because the DLC is going to be free, and it's going to be a massive expansion. The game still wouldn't be out if we were waiting for the DLC to be incorporated. They're really different.

Overall, shit is subjective of course but I absolutely loved the story in UnderRail.

The DLC is not free.

Do you know when the DLC will hit?

Less than 2 years from now. Probably December 2019 :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom