Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #56: Version 1.0.3.13 Beta

epeli

Arcane
The removed stat buffs will get alternatives that are thematically more fitting than gaining teh smarts from questionable foodstuffs.
I'm guessing these 'alternatives' will be made available in the dlc?
I think so. They're not in this patch, that's for sure. Some content has been moved from expansion to base game and vice versa, so I'm not sure what's the final verdict.

epeli

Arcane
Yeah okay, that must've been misleading if it was that shocking. I'm talking small things like a sword feat appearing in base game player feat selection. Of course it got moved to where it belongs, wouldn't be much use without expansion weapons.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
I'm actually kinda pumped about the Energy pistol buff. I think my next run thru will do either that or shotgun.
Cause I ain't doing shit until expansion. Bastards! FINISH IT!
But I love this all anyway Styg

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Yeah okay, that must've been misleading if it was that shocking. I'm talking small things like a sword feat appearing in base game player feat selection. Of course it got moved to where it belongs, wouldn't be much use without expansion weapons.
Sword feat? Can I become a samurai?

Eradicate the filthy gaijin!

ArchAngel

Arcane

I would be extremely surprised if they are not going to add a Katana as a unique sword. They had switchknife and kukri as unique knives in base game.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Also had a meat cleaver and a specific combat knife too if I recall correctly. Very cool shit overall.

Edit: Would like to see a hatchet or some sort of chainsaw as a weapon. Uses fuel per swing type of thing.

flabbyjack

Arcane
Just call it Underrail 2 and sell it for more monies.

I reinstalled Underrail just before this news hit. Currently trying to find a biotechnician's suit before going into the Junkyard ruins :)

Biotechnician suit would be useless in junkyard since mutants deal acid damage and not bio damage.
Ahhh yes I want the acid-resist siphoner armor for which I need some tailoring. You can grind the siphoners a bit for high quality leather.

Twiglard

Poland Stronk
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
The new difficulty level I can't into. You can cheese these 10-ish azuridae at Newton's quest with mk2 frags and doors. Then it comes to Alpha Rathounds about as tough as Ancient Rathounds on Normal. On one build I got up to GMS with an impassable rathound buffer. On another I got up to Newton with no clear aoe damage solution.

However, there are some builds that should pass at least that. SMG with later possible change into pistols is one. *starts a new game*.

If campfires are like fast travel I'd like it.

Last edited:

Elex

Arbiter

why not a lightsaber? is the only missing thing from a jedy character.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Underrail has replaced Fallout 1 & 2 as the "Game I play at least once a year" without me even realizing it until now.

Sacibengala

Prophet
Bought it on gog. Should I wait the new patch or should I play now? What about the expansion? It will be post game type or mid game type?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Bought it on gog. Should I wait the new patch or should I play now? What about the expansion? It will be post game type or mid game type?
Expansion is mid game type.

The new patch doesn't bring some huge changes, so you can start playing now, and if the game is patched in a week or two, nothing major will affect your playthrough.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom