Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Underrail Dev Log #61: Expedition expansion releasing on July 22nd

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Am I the only one that saw this:

And thought this:

5.jpg

SenisterDenister

Educated
as well as at least one more paid DLC.
As glad as I am to see this, I want to ask about the potential sequel. Seeing as how the first ends, timeframe wise, you think you could ballpark when a sequel would begin production?
No, but we will talk a bit more about our short and medium-term plans after the DLC is released.
That's fair. I'm interested as to what the next expansion could be about since Expedition is a huge mid-game addon. Would it be more end-game content? At this point in time I'd assume it would be. Whether you want to divulge any of that is up to you, I'm just kind of speaking out loud, so to speak.

MurkyShadow

Glittering gem of hatred
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong BattleTech Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. I helped put crap in Monomyth
As this cruel universe won't let me shut up and jam with Barkley 2,
I shall be returning to the Underrail. Not that this wasn't my plan anyway.:salute:

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I gave up on Barkley 2. I mean based on what I saw it didn't have anywhere near the flavor of the first. That was some divine working there and it just can't be replicated. Maybe they were drunk, possessed, or altered reality set in when they made it. (shrug)

Jezal_k23

I can't buy the expansion on Steam yet. I'm getting anxious about it. My money, why won't you take it????

Another expansion down the line? Do you plan it to also be a mid-game expansion or a post-game one this time? I've been itching to pick up the story where it left since forever and no kidding, it has been years already.

The game systems aside, I also loved the story and the lore. It drew me in like few other games did.

(referencing my own previous post above) Or are you planning for an epilogue a prologue/prequel expansion for the next one, Styg? How and from where exactly did the PC land in the SGS? Really, though, how did they become a citizen of SGS? The talk about having passed some test was always too fluffy.

Now considering that the PC starts at level 1 at the beginning of the game, a direct prequel might not make complete sense stats-wise. Or maybe it can? Either way, please do not torture us with another mid-game expansion.

edit: meant to write prologue

Last edited:

ciox

Liturgist
(referencing my own previous post above) Or are you planning for an epilogue/prequel expansion for the next one, Styg? How and from where exactly did the PC land in the SGS? Really, though, how did they become a citizen of SGS? The talk about having passed some test was always too fluffy.

Now considering that the PC starts at level 1 at the beginning of the game, a direct prequel might not make complete sense stats-wise. Or maybe it can? Either way, please do not torture us with another mid-game expansion.
SEQUEL OR DEATH

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Something that would be awesome would be a game that uses the same exact engine as Underrail in a new universe/setting. Change up some of the mechanics, and just give us a new story and experience.

Jrpgfan

Erudite
IMO the strongest aspect in this game is the exploration thanks to the stellar worldbuilding and level design and not necessarily the engine, so it doesn't really matter what engine it is made in as long as it keeps the same quality in those areas(and the core mechanics and design philosophy also).

ciox

Liturgist
SEQUEL OR DEATH

Why? Eventually we will have the base game + 2 DLCs + perhaps a Directors Cut version. After that I'd rather see Styg tackle a new project altogether with the same talent and passion.
Because prequels are usually hackneyed and suck. They also mentioned before that some things are being left for the sequel.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom