Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Underrail: Expedition Released

Discussion in 'RPG News & Content' started by Infinitron, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Tags: Stygian Software; Underrail; Underrail: Expedition

The Underrail: Expedition expansion is finally out today. It's been almost three years since it was announced, but right now in the middle of this dull summer it feels like the release couldn't have been timed more perfectly. There's not much to say that hasn't been said already, so without further ado here's an excerpt from the release announcement:

[​IMG]

After more than three years of development, it is finally complete.

Whereas the base game began as a one man undertaking and slowly grew from there as people joined the team and steadily settled into their multidisciplinary positions to form the current core team of four, which gives it a recognizable progress of content quality and design; the Expedition is, from start to finish, the work of this, now more experience and skilled team, laid upon a more solid design foundations.

For those who haven't been following the development: Expedition DLC features a huge underground lake on which a secondary campaign takes place. This campaign becomes accessible during the normal course of the play sometime during the mid-game. Here is a more detailed list of features:
    • Around 250 new areas
    • Leveling character past level 25, up to level 30
    • Ability to ride and upgrade many different jet skis that vary by speed, defense, firepower and utility
    • Three new weapon classes - spears, swords, and shotguns; all of these can be crafted and there are also special unique ones
    • New psi school: Temporal Manipulation
    • Just under 80 new feats, some of which are special new veteran feats that get unlocked beginning with level 26
    • Specializations - a new way to improve your character; starting with level 16, a character will gain one specialization point that they can use to improve their feats along one or multiple dimensions
    • New consumables, tools, blueprints, and more
    We all put a lot of effort into this huge expansion, and each member of the team really poured his heart out into it, in his own way – through visual, narrative or mechanical aspects, to make sure it's not only big, but also a recognizable labor of love. And because it's often the case that people think that Underrail is till a one man operation, I'll use this opportunity to familiarize you with the Stygian Software core team:
    • Dejan "Styg" Radišić (myself) - lead developer, programming, overral lore and themes, some writing, a bit of everything
    • Stefan "Phrygian Dominant" Čupović - level and quest design, writing
    • Mario "Mac" Tovirac - 2d & 3d art, various design work
    • Nikola "Johnny" Petrović - 3d art, mostly character and creature models
    I also want to thank our dedicated fans that helped us thoroughly test the game for bugs and imbalances, as well as build up and maintain useful player resources (wiki, character build tool). Though you come at a price of occasionally having to read through your uncalled for suggestions and complaints, I must admit that all this would be much more difficulty without you.

Once the dust settles, I might do a more detailed piece about my thoughts on the Expedition development – what we did wrong and what we did right. I'll also talk more about our future plans then.​

The Expedition DLC is available now for $10 on Steam or GOG. If you somehow never got around to buying the Underrail base game, you can now get it together with Expedition for $20, which is a $5 discount. A new version of the game has been released alongside the DLC with a few additional changes that didn't make it into the beta update earlier this month. The details about that are available in the full announcement post.

• incline x 19
    • Brofist x 10
    • Excited! x 3
    • nice x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Thanks! x 1
    • WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Maxie Der Einzige Patron

Maxie
    took you a sweet ass while my hook nosed nigga

• Racist Racist x 5
    • Thanks! Thanks! x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. mindx2 Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter Patron

mindx2
    Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Bought it the minute I saw it was released! Congrats Styg !!

• Brofist Brofist x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes Yes x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. markec Twitterbot Patron

markec
    Codex 2012 Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    My first day 1 purchase in a long time.

• Brofist x 4
    • Salute x 2
    • Funny x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. m_s0 Arcane

m_s0
    Fucking finally. Now go make something new so that I can throw more money your way, Styg.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  6. Falksi Arcane

Falksi
    Sex

• Agree x 1
    • FAKE NEWS x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Equip the Ring x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. AwesomeButton Cut a deal with the authorities Patron

AwesomeButton
    PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Couldn't help myself although I'm playing other stuff at the moment. Godspeed!

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • popamole popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. V_K Arcane

V_K
    I guess it's time to finally play it properly...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Outlander Custom Tags Are For Fags. Patron

Outlander
    Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
    Unscalable incline.

Just D1P'ed.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  10. Achiman Arbiter Patron

Achiman
    Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
    Playing Russian fallout 2 atm (ATOM) but :d1p:confirmed. Ready to go next.

• Brofist Brofist x 3
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 3
    ^ Top  
  11. oldmanpaco Master of Siestas

oldmanpaco
    Played some Underrail awhile ago and then saw the expansion was going to be out soon so I decided to wait. Two Three years later I guess I will give it a go.

• Funny x 9
    • Agree x 6
    • Yes x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Old x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Gwendo Augur

Gwendo
    I think I'm going to try it again.

The first time, I couldn't hit those bugs no matter how much I tried and got sick of it. I hate combat where most of the time you miss.

Also, at the time it looked like a game where you really had to choose very wisely your initial stats or be screwed later and have to restart. And since there was no way to know that in advance, I skipped the game. I hate to start a game and have to make decisions in character generation which I have no way of knowing what will be useful in the game or not. If I have to dump all points in a single stat to not completely suck or if I should divide wisely among a few key stats. Having to take thse kind of decisions knowing that later I might have to restart and choose again, demotivated me.

By now, the internet should have more info about the game and good build templates or at least a small guide that points me in the right direction.

• Brofist x 2
    • Shit x 2
    • cool story bro x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • popamole x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. calgary.alberta Scholar

calgary.alberta
    not sure if I should buy this and start playing Underrail. Or wait to I complete what I am working on first. CHOICES!

• Participation Award Participation Award x 1
    • cool story bro cool story bro x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Trashos Arcane

Trashos
    Yeah, Underrail is partially about trying out builds and improving on them by restarting. This is intended, and many people find it fun (especially because it is so satisfying when you eventually nail the build). You should definitely go all in on your primary weapon choice. Always invest in it to the max.

But no worries, you are right that by now the internet is full of well-researched Underrail builds. Pick one and go!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. Serious_Business Best Poster on the Codex

Serious_Business
    Hell yeah nigs

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    it's too damn cheap and i feel kinda guilty

• Agree x 4
    • Brofist x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Jinn Arcane

Jinn
    You could just buy a copy for a couple of friends, or buy the bundle for someone. I bought an extra copy for someone myself and know I'll get more than my money worth (and hopefully many more titles from Stygian Software in the future).

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. HoboForEternity In every buttons you press Patron

HoboForEternity
    true enough

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. flabbyjack Arcane

flabbyjack
    Holy shit $8?!? What, am I made of money!?!? Nah just kidding. I would have bought it if it was $30

Styg, art should be priced at what it is worth! This is the best computer RPG of the last decade... except Witcher 3 and Divinity 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    ^ Top  
  20. Drowed Arcane

Drowed
    Buy it on Steam and on GOG like some of us, then.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. underground nymph Literate

underground nymph
    Some hints on future development here folks.

Vincke said he has something to ease your pain mate.

• nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Gaius maximus Arbiter

Gaius maximus
    ^ Top  
  23. Rivmusique Arcane Patron

Rivmusique
    Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Been looking forward to this for ages. Can not wait to find out what happens to Sans, Toriel and the Gang after joining the Human world!

• Doggy Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Iluvcheezcake Learned

Iluvcheezcake
    Bought it as soon as it appeared. Good work

^ Top  
  25. Iluvcheezcake Learned

Iluvcheezcake
    Styg , max perception needed for all secrets (Expeditions included) is still 10 (7+snooping)?

^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)