Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

Black Angel

Arcane
Regarding the quest with Evelyn in Foundry - how can I get into her bunker that requires keycard? Went to her apartment once she's arrested and found nothing.
I couldn't resist and checked on wiki that she's carrying it on her - is there any way to get it now, when she's in prison? Tried to go there, but it seems you have to have high persuasion in order to see the prisoners. Considering you'll pass the test, is there a way to get the keycard now, or should it be pickpocketed earlier?
I don't think there's any other way other than the one mentioned by ItsChon and the one in her apartment, so I'll assume that since Evelyn is already in prison, you actually entered her bunker through the alternative way that existed in the back alley of Foundry, no? You actually needed Hacking to get through there, but if you're talking about the entrance from Evelyn's apartment, then iirc you need sufficient Lockpicking to get through there, and enough Perception to detect it by yourself. That is, IF you've finished the questline before encountering Evelyn, OR if you encountered Evelyn as a female. If you encountered Evelyn as a male and haven't entered her bunker/finished the questline,
she'll drug you, strip you of all your items and equipment, and will trap you inside her bunker. This will automatically open the entrance from her apartment, and you'll have default access without needing Perception and Lockpicking to open it. Obviously, even if you finish the questline before encountering Evelyn at all, you can automatically open that entrance from Evelyn's apartment by entering it from the bunker, and I remembered doing exactly that.

2. Sniper - not sure how this would work, as it seems that majority of fights are close distance ones. Should I combine it with AR/SMG related feats and carry one as a backup?
While majority of fights might be close distance ones, keep in mind that one of Sniper's primary feats scales greatly with Stealth, so it's only natural that one would keep pumping skill points into Stealth, no? That means you don't really have to worry about encountering fights at close distance, just keep Stealth on at all time while traversing the wilderness. If you're worried about being too slow, one feat will reduce stealth movement penalty, which is mandatory when playing a stealthy character anyway, and you can always craft Tabi Boots to increase movement speed.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Nevermind with the Evelyn's bunker doors - I went there again and the doors that required keycard were opened, but there's nothing there - just an elevator to the small passage between the bunker and her apartment. When you're there first time before arresting her, they're closed. Those ones:

2rxgnt2.jpg

Black Angel

Arcane
Nevermind with the Evelyn's bunker doors - I went there again and the doors that required keycard were opened, but there's nothing there - just an elevator to the small passage between the bunker and her apartment. When you're there first time before arresting her, they're closed. Those ones:

2rxgnt2.jpg
Ooh there. I guess for that, you need to
get drugged by Evelyn, and kill her right there to get a keycard and escape out of the bunker.
So for assault rifle build, what's better to focus on? Pure damage output or critical?
Refer to Eyestabber's guide to assault rifle. From the looks of it, you're much better going to pure damage output by way of SMART module to increase your burst damage by a whopping +20% or even more based on SMART module quality. The guide might be dated, though, so maybe Eyestabber or someone else can enlighten us about the DAKKA

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Thanks for the mention, m8. My AR guide is quite old by now, but the reasoning stems mostly from my AP table and those values remain unchanged (according to the wikia, anyway). So I assume the guide is still useful, specially considering I found no mention of changes to assault rifles post release in the patch history. But, you know "viewer discretion is advised" and all that.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Just defeated Carnifex on lvl 17 and holy fuck, he was tough. All the mini bosses so far, i.e Balor, were pushovers.

It seems like you have to whack him in the first round, otherwise he's buffing himself up like there's no tomorrow and mops the floor with you - paranoia and light build with high initiative are godsend here.The key was to entangle him right away - it took a few reloads before the net landed though. Then a frag granade with lucky three pointer crit, two SMG bursts in the face and voila.

Trashos

Arcane
Question on the Steal the Protectorate Shield Shipment for Gorsky quest.

Previously, I was doing it by sneaking by. But I couldn't depend on that method, as my mouse skills often betray me, and now I am trying to get it done by killing everyone. However, after killing everyone and getting the shields, it appears that the Protectorate is mad at me. For example, the guards OUTSIDE the warehouse (ie, at the Core City docks) go hostile once they see me. And no, I didn't exit through the main door, I exited the way I entered. I then walked up to the outside guards to make sure that they wouldn't turn hostile, but they did.

What's up with that, is this normal behavior? I thought I 'd be home free, if I killed everyone INSIDE. Anyone tried the same method? What's the trick?

Piotrovitz

Savant
I had the exact same issue - even if I went back through the tunnel, the guards outside are turning hostile and shooting me on sight.

Rest of the Protectorate seems to be cool, it's just the guards outside the warehouse that are going apeshit. I just avoid them now or use stealth whenever I have to get through. It's not that there's anything more interesting there anyway.

Trashos

Arcane
I am currently L21 and swimming in money, I don't need the loot.

This borders on being a bug, I think. On the other hand, it motivates players to stick to the sneaking method, which is the more interesting one, so I don't know.

Guards also turn hostile, that's it.

What other guards turn hostile? Where? If it is to become a major problem, I 'll go back and redo the mission by sneaking.

Sykar

Arcane
Question on the Steal the Protectorate Shield Shipment for Gorsky quest.

Previously, I was doing it by sneaking by. But I couldn't depend on that method, as my mouse skills often betray me, and now I am trying to get it done by killing everyone. However, after killing everyone and getting the shields, it appears that the Protectorate is mad at me. For example, the guards OUTSIDE the warehouse (ie, at the Core City docks) go hostile once they see me. And no, I didn't exit through the main door, I exited the way I entered. I then walked up to the outside guards to make sure that they wouldn't turn hostile, but they did.

What's up with that, is this normal behavior? I thought I 'd be home free, if I killed everyone INSIDE. Anyone tried the same method? What's the trick?

I think that this is intended.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I'm in DC now - roamed a little in the mushroom caves and then went straight to the Talos base, avoiding any combat with tchortlings or interaction with anyone except Six.
After being mindprobed, the commander becomes hostile - when did I fuck something up?

1. I killed the faceless in Buzzer's shop.
2. I helped the one trapped in Core City.
3. I gave them info in Foundry so they could leave peacefully.
4. In Institute's west wing I just received warning to leave - haven't go to the cave behind the tunneler.
5. While waiting for the elevator, I killed few of them. Didn't know that they were respawning endlessly and thought that maybe Eidein has to survive.

So, have I fucked this up beyond repair now and have to finish DC in hack&slash dungeon crawler style, shooting everything on sight?
If so, it's a major fucking bummer.

Trashos

Arcane
Piotrovitz, that's what I do too -except for 5- and they are friendly with me. So the culprit should be 5 (along with 1, but 1 is not enough on its own), as far as I can tell. Have you tried not talking to their commander?

ciox

Liturgist
Just don't let that guy mindprobe you and you're fine.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Goddamn, my last normal save is like 5 hours of gameplay away from entering elevator.

Do you lose much of a content/story when you ignore faceless down in DC?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Goddamn, my last normal save is like 5 hours of gameplay away from entering elevator.

Do you lose much of a content/story when you ignore faceless down in DC?
Eh, it's tough. Knowing what IK, I wouldn't be as satisfied if I had never experienced what the faceless had to offer. Might be worth it to restart, IK I did before.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Nope, haven't been to Cytosine.
I just checked this - http://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Befriend_the_Faceless - and the culprit definitely seems to be whacking too many of them in the Institute waiting for elevator.

I will just suck it up, reload, and replay last few hours. The game is just to goddamn good to skip the final part out of laziness, especially that Faceless seem to be huge part of the story/lore and I genuinely want to be cool with them.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Btw - is it worth to invest in mercantile to get access to more stuff at vendors?

So far, it seems that everything good can be looted, along with high quality components.
The only problem I had was with SMG frames, which were 100-110 at most.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom