Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail - Serbian pillow talk, turning Tricks, taking tips

Thonius

Arcane
Alrighty, gunman is dead but suddenly ( with my build I got AP for like 2 shots) that other dude with piece of sharp metal just stabs me to death in one turn.

hell bovine

Arcane
Edit doesn't seem to be working, but I made a mistake in my previous post. I thought Psychosis increased action-point costs -- instead it increases psi-point costs -- which means you can use Cryokenisis and Pyrokenisis in the same turn. So, going the Pyschosis route is a lot more valid than I thought, but I would still go with Tranquility.
The thing about psychosis is, it opens up psionic mania, which makes the next spell an automatic critical hit. Combine that with an area of effect or a multiple-hit spell, and watch the fireworks.

Blackmill

Scholar
Does any one know if Psionic-mentors are fixed in location? I've already found several -- including an implosion and telekenetic proxy -- and I'm hoping they're fixed for future playthroughs.

Also, I stumbled across a hammer with 20 strength requirement. I only got 3 strength and dexterity, so my chance to hit is 10%, but I'm wondering what type of stats are needed to be accurate with this weapon. And would strength or dexterity be more important with such a high requirement?

Diggfinger

Arcane
To aid you grease-balls along in your analbro-fisting, Serbian pillow-talk, I discovered today that some blessed soul already uploaded the soundtrack to Youtube:
Sound of Incline

Was listening to this sweetness at work today...

epeli

Arcane
Does any one know if Psionic-mentors are fixed in location?

The locations are fixed, but you will find random mentors in them. Generally speaking, that's how the random loot system works. Handplaced random. You will always find similar or same type of item with varying but level-appropriate quality levels.

Also, you can always buy some psionic mentors from certain doctors/pharmacies. Keep an eye out of those.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer

The locations are fixed, but you will find random mentors in them. Generally speaking, that's how the random loot system works. Handplaced random. You will always find similar or same type of item with varying but level-appropriate quality levels.

Also, you can always buy some psionic mentors from certain doctors/pharmacies. Keep an eye out of those.

While what epeli says is generally true, all psi mentors have at least one static location. This doesn't mean you found those static locations, though, you might have just gotten them randomly.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
I am on STR 3 so my question is...

I crammed some lockers on various maps with my loot. Will it stay there or will it get "stolen"/reseted? Generally, should i be paranoid about locking my private room or not leaving loot in publicly accessable containers?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I am on STR 3 so my question is...

I crammed some lockers on various maps with my loot. Will it stay there or will it get "stolen"/reseted? Generally, should i be paranoid about locking my private room or not leaving loot in publicly accessable containers?

I don't think items despawn, I still see things I've dropped at the beginning lying on the floor in SGS.

Roobenator

Novice
So I'm lvl 11 dex melee/thrower with max dodge/evasion. What type of armor should I be using? atm. I have 60% armor penalty. I mean, what direction should I go with AP?

epeli

Arcane
should i be paranoid
tetSKqb.png
"Everyone is out to get you and you know it."

Seriously though: most containers are safe and you can even drop your loot on the floor anywhere, but your stuff might disappear if you leave it in junk piles and barrels around populated stations. Those tend to reset. Better be safe than sorry.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
So I'm lvl 11 dex melee/thrower with max dodge/evasion. What type of armor should I be using? atm. I have 60% armor penalty. I mean, what direction should I go with AP?
60% armour penalty on Dex melee dodge/evasion dude? Boy, you like it hard, dont you? For dodge/evasion characters I would not go over 15% armour penalty, preferably with the nimble feat that reduces it to 0% armour penalty and gives you bonus evasion/dodge.

Really, 60% penalty is heavy armour levels of reduction and it makes your dodge/evasion really low (60% reduced) and also reduces your movement points. Go for leather armour, maybe with some added protection.

Blackmill

Scholar
So, can I assume that all Psionic-Mentors I've found in lockers were just random loot?

Iluvcheezcake

Prophet
SO i made a psionic tactical jacket and a psionic helmet that both give 10% less psionic cost. Does this stack? Also the vest gives 35% armor penality, is there a way to reduce this since im also going for stealth and this really gimps my overall stealth score :/

Sykar

Arcane
Does anyone know how much perception you need to detect the easier to spot secret passages?
I built a melee/psychokinesis char with 3 perception and picked the snooping perk so effectively 6 perception for secret passages.
The problem is I don't think I found even a single one of them so far (am only in Junkyard, trying to get that circuit board, though) and I'm worried that it stays like this.
So is 6 perception enough for at least a couple of secret area detections or did I screw up there?
epeli ?

Recently I tried a character with PE 7 and did not find everything I could with a character who had PE 8. I have yet to notice a difference between PE 8 and 10 until Core City though.

What the point for crossbows to be silent?
Agro range is quite high so Its natural to use nades to help with crowds(and they are quite loud).
Also enemies use firearms (hint they are loud).

The game has a simple noise detection system which alerts enemies if you are out of sight and killing someone. It is more interesting for stealth type characters who pick isolated targes and finish them quickly with high burst CD abilities like Snipe and Aimed Shot and can restealth afterwards to pick the next target instead of taking on half the map at once.

Last edited:

Parabalus

Arcane

Could you list the fixed locations if you remember? I realized I missed some when I got to the institute, because the lunatics kept throwing stuff at me that I don't have. More specifically,

I got (bought from doctors) Thermodynamic Destabilization from Foundry, Telekinetic Proxy from Core City, Enrage from Rail Crossing, Psi-Cognitive Interruption from Tchort Institute. I found none in any containers. Can the rest be bought somewhere?

Similarly, a question about the mysterious pillars

I got Bilocation from the Silent Isle pillars. I found another set of pillars in the sewers (Praetorian security) but got no power from them. Would that pillar give you Bilocation too ( makes sense because of the boss ability), or is it a Psychokinesis one , which I don't have, hence I got zilch.

Same question for the Institute of Tchort west wing monolith.

Zetor

Arcane
Similarly, a question about the mysterious pillars

I got Bilocation from the Silent Isle pillars. I found another set of pillars in the sewers (Praetorian security) but got no power from them. Would that pillar give you Bilocation too ( makes sense because of the boss ability), or is it a Psychokinesis one , which I don't have, hence I got zilch.

Same question for the Institute of Tchort west wing monolith.
The one in the sewers gives you a psychokinetic ability, yeah. I think it might have been Disruptive Field or Implosion.

DeN DarK

Educated
Whitestone One, First Throne, Forty Forties
I started my first run yesterday. Lvl 4, Dex 8, Con4, Str 4, Ag 5, Per, Int & Will 7. Feats: Snooping, Gunslinger, Thermodynamicity, Expertise. Psi-user + pistols build on normal (for first run).
How much I can spread my skills for maximum content and get away with it? Currently I choose Guns, 3 Psi-Schools, Hacking + Lockpics + Persuasion + Mechanics, Biology. But I think for benefits of crafting I need Tailoring, Chemistry, Electronics. And maybe I need stealth.
What skills better to maximaze and what skills I can drop after some level (like Lockpicking after 100)?
What stats better rise - Will for Psi or Str for armor? I don't think I can spent skillpoints both on evasion and dodge anyway.

My instinct is to say ditch persuasion - but don't. Maybe drop Con to 3 to buff Will. I think you're fine without stealth though.

I would shy away against being a jack of all trades though. I'm through Rail Crossing and while hacking is good for loot, it hasn't been super helpful in finishing quests. Basically - with hacking there's always a key or something out there, so it might be less necessary than lockpicking for quest purposes.

Behelit

Augur
Normal or Hard? Months ago I've read the difficulty peaks at Junk town and gets easier from that point onwards. Is normal balanced appropriately?

Normal or Hard? Months ago I've read the difficulty peaks at Junk town and gets easier from that point onwards. Is normal balanced appropriately?
I wouldn't say it peaks at Junkyard - I'd say that's the first real difficulty spikes, but there are others. Seems very well balanced to me so far (in the Foundry at the moment - did that instead of Core City though and I'm lvl 14).

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Go with normal for the first run.

Tigranes

Arcane
Hard. Real codexers learn to play by dying.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom