Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Sykar

Arcane
SMGs with good DEX and feat support are in no way a poor man's AR. But an unsupported AR is a lot better than an unsupported SMG.

I use SMG as a side arm on my PSI/Sniper simply because I do not have the spare points for 6 ST let alone 7. It is a decent close range weapon when I am out oc CDs and PSI points.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Didn't find the Hopper Oddity yet, I gave up on them after hunting for hopper leather without success for ten minutes or so.
Yeah, it may take a few minutes depending on luck, but earlygame it is worth it - 2 damn epx. The only relapse of grind syndrome on odditt system for me.

mixer

Learned
Styg confirmed my suspicion that mutagen puzzle is bugged currently. Not the puzzle itself but Exitus 1 sequence reading machine.

Last edited:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Agree on SGS\charon complaint. It's annoying, having to split SGScreds manually in attempt to figure out how to Jew most efficiently.

In Early Access versions, Credits were prioritized when dealing with SGS merchants. I'm not sure why that changed, but I hope it's changed back very soon.

It only wastes about thirty seconds of your time once every few hours or so, but even that is pointless.

roshan

Arcane
Just look at this.

9674000926ee4dc59b21f08fe238e9eb.jpg

Consider I have no Sharpshooter and Critical Power yet.
Imagine friggin crits, because you can achive 50% crit easily.
It can\may\might end up in 600% critpower.

That looks very nice! How did you get the critical damage bonus so high? Is it that augmentation at the bottom? I'm still gathering the components for making high quality plasma and electroshock pistols. Oh and I'm not saying the high end pistols aren't great, it's the lower end of the range (all the firearm ones except .44 hammerer) that are completely smoked by SMGs.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
You would think a Codexer fixing Underrail's shitty font would be bigger news.

The majority of people don't have a problem with the font, with the exception of 'tards who don't realize the font size can be changed.

I for one actually like it. The dot scaling is obnoxious to some, and while I understand why, I enjoy the "bleary CRT" aesthetic and have no difficulty reading it, even playing on my laptop's 13" screen (though on the laptop I've downscaled from 1080p to 720p).

Gord

Arcane
The font isn't a knockout for me, but it sure could be better. It's not particularly great from either a "CRT aesthetics" angle, nor in terms of readability.
It's not as bad as some people make it, though.

Thanks again for the game, Blaine , btw.

Anyway. Traps. My char isn't very good with them and initially I didn't care much about it, but now that I'm exploring Depot A, I'm getting a bit fed up with constant reloads because my guy once again walked into one. It sure was nice that one time when I could take out a large group of muties and dogs with the help of their own traps, but mostly they are just annoying.
I assume there's no way of dealing with them other than raising perception and traps or soaking up the damage (or savescumming)?

Ein Axt

Educated
And the majority of people does not have a problem with Depot A(including me) also but it was changed. Clearly there was a problem on it with some builds.

Not everyone has the same setup, same gear. Not everyone has the same tolerance when it comes to reading bad font within a 100h hour game.

I, for one, will have a more enjoyable time re-playing this game with this new font.

valcik

Arcane
Yeah I killed Blaine...
So did I. He was just another typical rich kid anyway - common spoiled brat produced by urban society by dozens, filled with old cum and false sense of self-importance. I stomped on his balls and feasted on his heart! This kind of people would give cancer to whole society when you let breed them.

Why.jpeg

Learned
I have checked every merchant I know in SGS, Junkyard, Core City, Rail Crossing and Foundry and still no blueprints for special 7.62 ammo or Molotovs. If I buy all the blueprints up from a merchant will new ones be there when their stock resets?

Lord Andre

Arcane
Anyway. Traps. My char isn't very good with them and initially I didn't care much about it, but now that I'm exploring Depot A, I'm getting a bit fed up with constant reloads because my guy once again walked into one. It sure was nice that one time when I could take out a large group of muties and dogs with the help of their own traps, but mostly they are just annoying.
I assume there's no way of dealing with them other than raising perception and traps or soaking up the damage (or savescumming)?

They're way easier to detect than disarm. With about 15 points in traps you should have no problem in Depot A. I'm not sure how Perception factors in, so if you have low Perception you might add the pocket knife (bonus to traps) and there are some goggles that increase detection as well. I advise you at level up, to go back to a spot where you know there's a mine, save and fiddle with adding a few points in traps, see exactly what's the minimum number you can get away with. Also, detection takes a second, so once you found one, walk in short burst through that area as there are bound to be more.

As a reference, I have 8 perception, Dexterity 3 and maxed out mechanics and lockpicks. I could detect traps in Depot A with 0 points in traps and no additional items.

As for clearing them, I usually use a fireball but grenades/molotovs should work as well. Hope this helps.

hell bovine

Arcane
The font isn't a knockout for me, but it sure could be better. It's not particularly great from either a "CRT aesthetics" angle, nor in terms of readability.
It's not as bad as some people make it, though.

Thanks again for the game, Blaine , btw.

You can also blow some of them (but not bear traps) with a fireball. I assume a grenade would work too.

One small balance complaint I have is that Psychosis increases PSI costs of non-damaging abilities by 20% as well, making them vastly inferior to a PSI user with Tranquility. Should be changed imho.
I have a psi mage with psychosis, and I have to disagree. Psychosis opens up the psionic mania feat, which makes the next spell an automatic critical. Right now my mage is using self-made equipment with bonus to critical damage of metathermics spells. With psionic mania one cryo orb (every shard is a critical) can literally clear groups (and I am not talking about the poor rathounds here).

Last edited:

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
I have checked every merchant I know in SGS, Junkyard, Core City, Rail Crossing and Foundry and still no blueprints for special 7.62 ammo or Molotovs. If I buy all the blueprints up from a merchant will new ones be there when their stock resets?

FYI, Molotov recipe is 'incindiary grenade'.

hell bovine

Arcane

FYI, Molotov recipe is 'incindiary grenade'.
And with high chemistry you can craft "upgraded" cocktails with ingredients other than gasoline. ;)

ArchAngel

Arcane
There is an abuse/bug I found. Normally if you put items into utility slots during combat it costs 50 ap but if you still got at least one such item in it, you can add more for 0 AP. For example while you still got 1 shock bolt in your utility slot you can add 4 more for 0 AP as long as they are of same kind. But if you got 0 and you try to add more to slot it costs 50 ap.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So I unlocked a door in SGS in the engineering Agronomy and pens level . It had some loot and a power box, which contained a power switch. I turned off the switch and didn't notice anything happening. Does this switch do anything or is it just for show?

Last edited:

bati

Scholar
You just condemned those hoppers to death, it controls the heating unit in their pen.

Nines

Learned
About Cliff...

I just sneaked past him and saved his girl without talking to him. After that I watched a scene between them, which is, I assume, exactly the same scene if you managed to persuade and save him with the Doctor perk. So, after that scene he started bleeding, and out of curiosity I just left this section. After I returned they both left.

Still not sure what to think about it. His girl was a skilled doctor and managed to save him without my help? Or maybe she was a cannibalistic predator who managed to get rid of his entire body in such a short time?

Ent

Savant
About Cliff...

I just sneaked past him and saved his girl without talking to him. After that I watched a scene between them, which is, I assume, exactly the same scene if you managed to persuade and save him with the Doctor perk. So, after that scene he started bleeding, and out of curiosity I just left this section. After I returned they both left.

Still not sure what to think about it. His girl was a skilled doctor and managed to save him without my help? Or maybe she was a cannibalistic predator who managed to get rid of his entire body in such a short time?
I just make myself believe cliffs girlfriend saved him. Honestly, Its the only way I would feel right about the whole thing because I don't see myself getting that doctor feat.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik

I think it is just overlook. Actually I remmeber that in alfa if you
sneak past him and save his girl, apon return he would be dead. Dont' know why it was changed back to even older version.

Also, the sweet fruits of exploration.
I was roaming near GMS compaund, and found mysterious deal.
Actually nothing serious, but that sweeeeeeeeeeeet feeling. )

8cc4a3a0a382d9b5000ef6229f7af15b.jpg

Ent

Savant
So I've realized that I have up murdered everything I've come across in the game up until rail crossing and I have hit 11 through oddity experience. Would I have been at a higher level right now if I was using the classic experience system or is it about equal?

meeb93

Literate
They still don't..took them six days to reach the Steam version..and you know what happened next, lol? You had to uninstall UR and re-download it from scratch, because they could not into patching, easier i guess to just repackage it and fuck you very much. But in answer to your question regarding Galaxy? It's still 'in the works'. Someday in a 'Galaxy' far, far away, ex potato farm Polish workers will no longer need to re-package the already packaged patch from the developers. A wonder to behold.
Am not particularly pleased to admit the big pimp has won me over, but i have seriously had enough with them. You know how many months after its release D:OS's editor was bugged for GOG? Months! I had to torrent a steam rip to be able to play it. So fuck them :)

Speaking of, if I uninstall how can I ensure my saves aren't wiped?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom