Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Latelistener

Arcane
Sounds like TC is great. What about two other skills?
You can max all three of course, but I'm not sure if you have enough perks to get the best of them.

Sykar

Arcane
All three are great but have different main usages. Metathermics has a lot of AoE with a decent stackable slow, one mezz CC and a defensive ability. Psychokinesis has a lot of stuns and utility especially Force Wall and also works decently against robots unlike Meta. TC is great for stealth kills since most of its abilities are silent besides Fear and has some great CC and defensive abilities but is nigh useless against robotic enemies.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Alright. Starting up a new game. 1st time in over a year but it has the new content from all the latest patches.

Any advice on a play through? Been so long...

I was thinking on going through with a Melee/Heavy Armor/Thought control build.

Latelistener

Arcane
Added new high-energy battery type

licking_battery-jpg.1313938

Cats nerfed

heSc.jpeg

Dreadnoughts buffed

You+had+a+heresy+thread+going+and+you+threw+it+_d3da9a94955fa6a060ad46badb267830.jpg

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Uhm, the latest update (global map, random events and DOMINATING difficulty - full patch notes) has been in the main branch for the entirety of this year.

The only thing currently different in experimental branch is one little bugfix.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Ah... thank you epeli for correcting me.
Little bugfix - it's the one that fixing Azif problem?

I f***g won!

Those who didn't see yet Nevil mission - don't look. Those who didn't see it on Domination - don't look (or maybe do look ahaha).

Nevil survived.
Freaking hell, how Gorsky said it...
Did it without Expose Weakness.

Last edited:

epeli

Arcane
Fenix yeah, the Azif bug. Also holy crap that's impressive. Bruce Lee build on DOMINATING, plus all the crazy extra restrictions you place upon yourself. Not even bothering to make a tinfoil coat... :P

You gotta make a post detailing Bruce's build and journey through DOMINATING once you've poked the eye to death!

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
You gotta make a post detailing Bruce's build and journey through DOMINATING once you've poked the eye to death!

That's exactly what I'm going to do in next 2-3 days.
Actually I thought it was unwinnable by Bruce, and just decided to try Last Time (tm).
Turned out it's the matter of poppin up right pills in right order, right armor - not tinfoil, not even hopper leather, but siphoner skin, and same tabis. And then just retreating and bit of luck because when Plasma Sentry transforms - it hit HARD. I mainly cared for Nevil because if you do everything right, you have places to retreat.
Also I have found that shock knife - or dagger as I like - is better thing for dealing with spoilers then anything else.
Better then heavy metal gloves for sure. And usual leather gloves are better for Plasma Sentry than heavy gloves too...

Also, btw - are Faceless endless in Elevator fight, if you killed Eidein there or in every variant? Just not sure should I try hard to see if they aren't, or what.

epeli

Arcane
right armor - not tinfoil, not even hopper leather, but siphoner skin, and same tabis.
Yeah, but you could have had aluminized coat on that armor instead of black stealth coat. Heat resistance and burning immunity. Would have been immensely helpful against the flamethrowers, unlike the stealthy coat. I thought you just didn't bother getting another good quality infused siphoner leather for making that tinfoil coat.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Didn't expected that, it was first time there, and also it's meta. And I'm not carrying such armor with me, never even crafted it.
Also, I'm now thinking that siphoner armor is the worst - rathound gives crit, pig gives tons of resists + HP...
For this particular fight it's best of course.

CAi20.png

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Should I continue waiting for the expansion to play this? It's getting more and more difficult.
Depends. I wouldn't wait because the game was so good for me, replaying it once the expansion comes out is something I'm looking forward too. If you're patient, I guess you can wait, I just don't see any point in it as the game is amazing as it is right now.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
The expansion looks like it'll be 9 months to a year away so idk why you would wait. 0% chance of a 2018 release

epeli

Arcane
The expansion looks like it'll be 9 months to a year away so idk why you would wait. 0% chance of a 2018 release

Closed alpha testing is scheduled to begin next month. Release late this year is not completely unreasonable.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
A release before Christmas would be financially unreasonable considering the vast majority of their customers are going to be gorging themselves on first week of November AAA game releases like the rest of the game industry.

ciox

Liturgist
Play it now, a lot of expansion content for areas outside the exclusive new area has already been patched into the game, like new monsters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom