Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Huh, well, guess I was wrong. Seems like a waste of a feat from the numbers at least.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Bros,

How hard is hard difficulty for first semi-blind run?

I did some small wiki research on feats and stat requirements (no meta-gaming spoilers, mind you) and went with glass stealth/SMG/grenadier build with high DEX and hit-and-run tactics, which seem to be working fine. So far, playing on normal is a smooth sail - I just finished junkyard and buzzer/faceless quest and didn't have much trouble yet.

Does it get harder later on, or should I restart and go for hard diff?

Last edited:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Not hard at all.
Drill parts quest is the most difficult part, if you did it easy then the rest will be easy.
Start anew on Hard.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Thanks man, will restart it, since I'm not that far anyway and am afraid I get bored without any serious challenges.

Junkyard depots were kinda easy once I figured out that crafting siphoneer acid DT leather armour is a good idea.

Trashos

Arcane
Piotrovitz,
The final part of the game, which is huge, is exceptionally challenging. I would stick to Normal until you have finished it at least once.

Jezal_k23

The final area is a big and sudden difficulty jump though, particularly if you don't have stealth. On a blind first time run it's especially difficult. I speak from experience as I'm there right now! Haven't had time to play this week though and finish the game for good.

Jezal_k23

I think normal accounts for the possibility of you accidentally making a retarded fucking build the first time you play the game, which is a possibility, if you're really going through it blind. I invested like 50 points in melee that I never used and regret to this very day but I'm still moving forward with my build toward the endgame. But sure, you can also play on hard and restart if your build doesn't work out. I guess everyone can play how they want.

Jezal_k23

Where the hell is the hydraulic control valve? Internet says Tithonus lab but I can't find it there. I swear I searched every container.

Black Angel

Arcane
Where the hell is the hydraulic control valve? Internet says Tithonus lab but I can't find it there. I swear I searched every container.
Tithonus Lab is where there are suspension tanks, right? Whatever important item is there, it should be somewhere
inside a room that's locked and iirc for some reason can't be lockpicked/hacked into.
Which means, you gotta clear the whole place first.

Jezal_k23

There has been a plot twist. The reason I couldn't find the control valve in Tithonus Lab is because I had it all along. Yes, I had gone over there before but since I tend to rapidly pick up stuff that seems interesting I didn't notice myself absent mindedly picking that up.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
I did this for fun.

CUBzw.jpg

That last is Combo+pstrike.

Not THAT feat in general actually, but for unarmed without Expose Weakness it was interesting.

Jezal_k23

Someone help me with the mutagen puzzle please. Let's say I have:

Code:
Helicon-2 = M4 WL NX -Y2 -BM -CH -WW
Solis-1 = M4 NX WW NZ -NS -N1

Helicon-2 + Solis-1 = M4 WL NX -Y2 -BM -CH -WW + [M4 NX WW NZ -NS -N1] = M4 WL NX NZ -Y2 -BM -CH -NS -N1

EXCEPT the game gives me M4, WL, NX, WW, NZ as the solution. Why didn't -WW remove WW from the sequence?

Also, I have M4 + M4 in there, which results in M4 (if I have a double positive only the first one remains). IF, HOWEVER, I add a -M4 to the sequence, will it disappear? Or will the sequence then display the extra M4 from before? Would double negatives stack up in a similar manner?

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Str 7
Dex 16
Agi 8
Con 3
Per 3
Wil 3
Int 6
With Eel Sandwich you will get 4 AP per strike.
Heavy Punch, Nimble, Opportunist, Paranoia, Recklesness, Lightning Punches, Deflection, Cheap Shots, Fancy Footwork, Uncanny Dodge, Wrestling, Evasive Maneuvers, Combo, Critical Power.

I think Deflection doesn't needed here, and Evasive Maneuvers - I didn't see much from it, except in a mission for Free Drones to assault SRO, but it was anyway unreliable.
You could easlily replace them with Expose Weakness and, dunno - Cripling Strike?

Last edited:

Lhynn

Arcane
Str 7
Dex 16
Agi 8
Con 3
Per 3
Wil 3
Int 6
With Eel Sandwich you will get 4 AP per strike.
Heavy Punch, Nimble, Opportunist, Paranoia, Recklesness, Lightning Punches, Deflection, Cheap Shots, Fancy Footwork, Uncanny Dodge, Wrestling, Evasive Maneuvers, Combo, Critical Power.

I think Deflection doesn't needed here, and Evasive Maneuvers - I didn't see much from it, except in a mission for Free Drones to assault SRO, but it was anyway unreliable.
You could easlily replace them with Expose Weakness and, dunno - Cripling Strike?
Is wrestling really needed? i guess you could keep a bunch of people debuffed.
Also i guess heavy punch is there instead of expose weakness.

EXCEPT the game gives me M4, WL, NX, WW, NZ as the solution. Why didn't -WW remove WW from the sequence?

Also, I have M4 + M4 in there, which results in M4 (if I have a double positive only the first one remains). IF, HOWEVER, I add a -M4 to the sequence, will it disappear? Or will the sequence then display the extra M4 from before? Would double negatives stack up in a similar manner?
Doubles/negatives aren't saved. Think of ions like switches. They're either on or off. When you add a positive they get set to on. If you add a negative they get turned off. If they're already on/off when you add another positive/negative it does nothing, the same way you can't set a switch to be double on by pressing it twice.

Modron

Arcane
Someone help me with the mutagen puzzle please. Let's say I have:

Code:
Helicon-2 = M4 WL NX -Y2 -BM -CH -WW
Solis-1 = M4 NX WW NZ -NS -N1

Helicon-2 + Solis-1 = M4 WL NX -Y2 -BM -CH -WW + [M4 NX WW NZ -NS -N1] = M4 WL NX NZ -Y2 -BM -CH -NS -N1

My code mix was rather on the long side with 9-10 steps and didn't realize like spark said that they were switches not additive so was stuck at the 6th step and ended up using this https://github.com/MaxSavenkov/UnderrailMutagenPuzzleSolver/ the first time I played Underrail.

Just in case you get stuck even with advice.

epeli

Arcane
Someone help me with the mutagen puzzle please.
http://underrail.info.tm/mutagens/ won't ruin the puzzle by just giving you a solution, but it makes solving less burdensome than doing it manually in spreadsheets. Also has some optional hints to make it easier.

ended up using this https://github.com/MaxSavenkov/UnderrailMutagenPuzzleSolver/ the first time I played Underrail.
Those bruteforce solvers are funny to me. They take ages to get anything done, if they even work correctly. Quite a few people tried making such solvers. Somehow my dumb ass - with no computer science education - managed to write a solver that finds a solution for most puzzles in milliseconds and needs only a couple of seconds to reject unsolvable puzzles. (The game always generates solvable puzzles, but user input is not so reliable.) Bruteforce solvers would need years to confirm that a puzzle has no solutions.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom