Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
deterministic system > RNG

Last edited:

PsychoFox

Educated
with stealth you can make minimal combat investment and rely on money. Engage only enemies that you need oddities from and do it through grenades and traps. Had such play through and it was my favorite. You invest into crafting to enhance both traps/grenades and sneak. You can go more heavy on throwing and utilize throwing knives. Early game can be a bit hard but you will quickly accelerate.
This is pretty much how i'm tackling it, only i'm gonna go the sniper router instead of throwing.

jungl

Augur
Underrail could of used more development with its drugs. Funny thing about fallout tactics if you take too many drugs your guy ODs and gets knocked out. You can further use drugs on someone that is knocked out OD to kill them. There was hilarious roleplay on the roleplay multiplayer map. Where everyone in the town was at the boxing ring in a martial art tournament. The fights were not to the death. This human fighter was taking drugs to beat this super mutant but took to much and got knocked out. Then a dog used drugs in its inventory while he knocked out pm tje fighter and murdered him then the dog ran away and for the remained of its time on the map roleplayed as the dog unabomber in the town. There was a lot of hilarity. Almost as amusing as the military man that drove his tank in front of the church while everyone was having sermon and fired the tank shell in the church and said god bless America.

Underrail needs dogs that OD people and plant bombs. :P

PsychoFox

Educated
Nice, I finished with Gorsky's errand and made it to the junkyard. Loving the game so far. I wonder where i can find an sniper rifle frame now.

PsychoFox

Educated
Who in the junkyard sells Sniper Rifle Frame? I haven't managed to find one there.

NVM Len has some.

So, what's the best sniper rifle combination i can craft?

Ent

Savant
There might be a bit of RNG involved. I remember Lucas at SGS having sniper rifle frames from the start.

PsychoFox
go classic nornal first time.

oddity requires more grinding. as certian enemy drop only oddities have very low drop rates. and you need to invest in a lot of skills(stealth/pickpocket/lockpick/hack) to get them oddities.

Murderhobo is the essense of cRPGs and don't let JES no xp for kill hipsters convince you otherwise.

PsychoFox

Educated
PsychoFox
go classic nornal first time.

oddity requires more grinding. as certian enemy drop only oddities have very low drop rates. and you need to invest in a lot of skills(stealth/pickpocket/lockpick/hack) to get them oddities.

Murderhobo is the essense of cRPGs and don't let JES no xp for kill hipsters convince you otherwise.

Well it's a little late for that now that i'm already some hours into the game. So far oddity distribution hasn't been a problem and i haven't relied on pickpocketing at all. Might get tougher later on though, i don't know.

Who in the junkyard sells Sniper Rifle Frame? I haven't managed to find one there.

NVM Len has some.

So, what's the best sniper rifle combination i can craft?

At where you are? Blaine will sometimes sell reapers and spearheads. One is better for crits, the other for speed. Put an anatomical scope and smart lens on them.

Btw, oddity is great, don't worry about that.

Ent

Savant
Has anyone here run done oddity runs without taking either lockpicking or hacking? I'm tempted to drop hacking in a future no crafting build.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
didnt they raise level cap in coming expansion and say its going to need more and more xp to reach higher levels.. you might want to hold on to those skills

PsychoFox

Educated
Okay i'm running into a bit of an issue with the game:

I'm at the junkyard and supposed to find a way inside the wormhole. Now i don't want to murder or steal for the access privilege as the game wants me to and my hacking/lock-picking skill is just short of being able to pick the necessary locks. Is there an alternative path i can take? I would level up and put points in the skills, only i need 3 bars of oddity xp and i can't find anymore oddities. I don't have any points in pickpocket so i can't get them that way either. What do?

Okay so i did manage to level up but that's still not enough to open the 60 lock. Is there any other way into the wormhole?

Last edited:

I'm at the junkyard and supposed to find a way inside the wormhole. Now i don't want to murder or steal for the access privilege as the game wants me to and my hacking/lock-picking skill is just short of being able to pick the necessary locks. Is there an alternative path i can take? I would level up and put points in the skills, only i need 3 bars of oddity xp and i can't find anymore oddities. I don't have any points in pickpocket so i can't get them that way either. What do?

Okay so i did manage to level up but that's still not enough to open the 60 lock. Is there any other way into the wormhole?
You can just pay Grover's debt yourself. Not like Silas cares where the money comes from as long as he gets it.

PsychoFox

Educated

You can just pay Grover's debt yourself. Not like Silas cares where the money comes from as long as he gets it.

Nah i wasn't about to pay 500 charons for it. I ended up grinding ~2 levels and raised my stats which allowed me to pickpocket my way to it. Good times.

Black Angel

Arcane

I'm pretty sure you don't really need to kill anyone. If you go for Scrappers, all that Eddy asked is you retrieve the keycard from Elwood, *one way or another*. Since you invested in pickpocket, it should be no brainer. If you go for Black Eels, the game didn't give you any hint, but you can just go for combat against Grover up until he begged you to stop if you can't intimidate him, where he'll mention that a certain NPC has a really valuable item on her person, and he planned to get her to a back alley where you both can shag her and loot her corpse. It seemed, however, I remembered it being Drowed who narrated his experience, Styg updated this quest to recognize if you managed to pickpocket said valuable item from her, so you can still avoid combat altogether here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom