Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Jezal_k23

Having to problem solve like that is part of the charm of the game. Way to go PsychoFox.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Has anyone here run done oddity runs without taking either lockpicking or hacking? I'm tempted to drop hacking in a future no crafting build.

I am, no lockpicking, abandoning hacking is NOT advised, just saying.

Nah i wasn't about to pay 500 charons for it.

You don't need to pay 500, just 100 for Grovers "debt".
You aslo can get by without killing anyone in accessing Deprt A - you only need money or proper skills.

Last edited:

PsychoFox

Educated
Has anyone here run done oddity runs without taking either lockpicking or hacking? I'm tempted to drop hacking in a future no crafting build.

I am, not lockpicking, abandoning hacking is NOT advised, just saying.

Nah i wasn't about to pay 500 charons for it.

You don't need to pay 500, just 100 for Grovers "debt".
You aslo can get by without killing anyone in accessing Deprt A - you only need money or proper skills.

Nah i didn't want to extort anybody either. Basically didn't want to work for a gang. Don't like them.

Having to problem solve like that is part of the charm of the game. Way to go PsychoFox.

I'm glad that the game is flexible enough to allow so many approaches :)

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron
didnt they raise level cap in coming expansion and say its going to need more and more xp to reach higher levels.. you might want to hold on to those skills
The new cap will most likely include new oddities instead of being able to level-up off more of the same ones.

Ent

Savant
Two more weeks to go. Epeli said that he might be able to update the character creator with the new feats and levels the weekend before release which is another nice thing to look forward to.

opium fiend

Augur
How far into the game does the new content appears? I'd love to start a new game now (it's been a long while), but should I wait for expansion? Am I gonna miss something immediate?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
How far into the game does the new content appears? I'd love to start a new game now (it's been a long while), but should I wait for expansion? Am I gonna miss something immediate?
Not sure but I think you should wait because there is talk about a new character creation and probably other stuff. It is only about 2 weeks off. I am waiting too.

opium fiend

Augur
Not sure but I think you should wait because there is talk about a new character creation and probably other stuff. It is only about 2 weeks off. I am waiting too.

Makes sense, thanks

Jezal_k23

Only in the Codex can the most evident, obvious, clear, widely agreed upon fixes that a game needs become a controversial subject of debate. "BUT I LIKED SLOWLY TRAVERSING EMPTY CORRIDORS THAT I HAD ALREADY EXPLORED 7 TIMES, FUCKING WHINERS"

This is especially dumb considering the option not to speed up the game is still there! You can walk as fucking slow as you want!

ArchAngel

Arcane
Only in the Codex can the most evident, obvious, clear, widely agreed upon fixes that a game needs become a controversial subject of debate. "BUT I LIKED SLOWLY TRAVERSING EMPTY CORRIDORS THAT I HAD ALREADY EXPLORED 7 TIMES, FUCKING WHINERS"

This is especially dumb considering the option not to speed up the game is still there! You can walk as fucking slow as you want!
It was not agreed upon at all during release times. It is mostly newfags that seem to think games need to accommodate their millennial brains.

Parabalus

Arcane

It was not agreed upon at all during release times. It is mostly newfags that seem to think games need to accommodate their millennial brains.

Says the guy who whined at release that DC was too hard.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Says the guy who whined at release that DC was too hard.
It was never too hard, just too irritating. And some areas extra irritating for stealth characters.

Jezal_k23

Fucking whiners. Speed was good as it was.
Did you enjoy spending fifteen minutes watching empty corridors every time you backtracked or something?
It is not exploring if you can get anywhere within few minutes. I bet all you whiners loved fast travel in Bethesda games and are actually Bethstards while pretending you like incline games.

It's also not exploring if you already went through an area 17 times. Jesus fucking christ.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom