Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Fucking whiners. Speed was good as it was.
Did you enjoy spending fifteen minutes watching empty corridors every time you backtracked or something?
It is not exploring if you can get anywhere within few minutes. I bet all you whiners loved fast travel in Bethesda games and are actually Bethstards while pretending you like incline games.

It's also not exploring if you already went through an area 17 times. Jesus fucking christ.
Fake news, you are exploring the limits of your sanity.

Deakul

Augur
Only in the Codex can the most evident, obvious, clear, widely agreed upon fixes that a game needs become a controversial subject of debate. "BUT I LIKED SLOWLY TRAVERSING EMPTY CORRIDORS THAT I HAD ALREADY EXPLORED 7 TIMES, FUCKING WHINERS"

This is especially dumb considering the option not to speed up the game is still there! You can walk as fucking slow as you want!
It was not agreed upon at all during release times. It is mostly newfags that seem to think games need to accommodate their millennial brains.

There's literally no downside at all to having this as an option, not all of us have time to waste moving around slow as shit on a map.

Unwanted

Elephantman

Unwanted
Will the expansion feature new Feats for the Time Psi school?

How does Tranquil (-5 AP for psi actions) interact with Thermodynamics (half AP for freeze after fire)?

Say you start with Premeditate (0 AP cost) Freeze spell, the next one would normally cost 25 AP but with Tranquil its 20 and with Thermodyn its 10?
So you can potentially burst 6 attacks if you had enough psi points?
1. 0
2. 10
3. 10
4. 10
5. 10
6. 10

Alternatively, it could be 25AP/2 - 5AP = 7.5AP?

How hard is it to keep your HP at max vs ranged enemies? I remember that the energy shields dont soak all the damage, so the moment you get shot at, you lose Tranquil...

I assume that people say that Psychosis is better, because the Mind control school has a chance-to-hit and the Mania feat always crits (with a generous 5 turn cooldown) even on mental abilities, right?

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Things I learned from this thread.

ArchAngel is a massive massive retard.

And underrail expansion is gonna be GREAT ESPECIALLY with the speed increase button.

Ent

Savant
Will the expansion feature new Feats for the Time Psi school?
There is at least three feats for temporal manipulation that were mentioned in a previous devlog (their actual function is unknown to all but devs and testers atm). You can probably also expect some new general purpose psi feats as well.

ArchAngel

Arcane

And underrail expansion is gonna be GREAT ESPECIALLY with the speed increase button.
And I learned that this topic has been taken over by ADHD phone gaming casuals that cannot spend 1 more minute to get from one place to another.
I guess it was inevitable that even great 'Dex would fall to such retards.

Also these same retards are now infecting every topic here (recently Pathfinder Kingmaker one).

Parabalus

Arcane

And I learned that this topic has been taken over by ADHD phone gaming casuals that cannot spend 1 more minute to get from one place to another.
I guess it was inevitable that even great 'Dex would fall to such retards.

Also these same retards are now infecting every topic here (recently Pathfinder Kingmaker one).

If you can't keep up use Cheat Engine to slow the game down.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I wonder how many people here would be able to play UFO 1994 today and enjoy it. I bet most of your would scream it is too slow and similar shit. Even with animation speed up at high it takes a long time to do one turn in that game. And sometimes even longer until aliens also do all their moves.
It is because of people like you that we cannot have nice things anymore.

If people in here are so up in arms about these minor issues, no wonder that casuals outside the Codex all are playing shitty games like Dark Souls, Witcher 3 or Fortnite. Gotta go fast!!! ADHD overdose! It is all about that action.
Even diablo likes are ruined because of such people. Both Diablo 3 and now Path of Exile are not based around Zoom Zoom gameplay.

Parabalus

Arcane
I wonder how many people here would be able to play UFO 1994 today and enjoy it. I bet most of your would scream it is too slow and similar shit. Even with animation speed up at high it takes a long time to do one turn in that game. And sometimes even longer until aliens also do all their moves.

If people in here are so up in arms about these minor issues, no wonder that casuals outside the Codex all are playing shitty games like Dark Souls, Witcher 3 or Fortnite. Gotta go fast!!! ADHD overdose! It is all about that action.

How do slow animations contribute to gameplay? What is the gameplay value of cast times in a TB combat game? How do you derive joy from walking 5 min to your house from do Core City train?

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

How do slow animations contribute to gameplay? What is the gameplay value of cast times in a TB combat game? How do you derive joy from walking 5 min to your house from do Core City train?
You know.....thinking about stuff. Also the player home is the single worst example of backtracking.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It is a mindset. If it bothers you this much, in the end it causes people to make NuXcom games so the game "can be faster". And it is, it is just 2x worse in every other aspect.

As for your house in Underrail, it is completely pointless so if you have it and move to it and back all the time be sure you want to spend all that time doing that. Otherwise ignore it exists.

Parabalus

Arcane

It is a mindset. If it bothers you this much, in the end it causes people to make NuXcom games so the game "can be faster". And it is, it is just 2x worse in every other aspect.

As for your house in Underrail, it is completely pointless so if you have it and move to it and back all the time be sure you want to spend all that time doing that. Otherwise ignore it exists.

The workbenches there are crucial for tight builds.

NuXcoms are extremely slow without mods.

ArchAngel

Arcane

The workbenches there are crucial for tight builds.

NuXcoms are extremely slow without mods.
Not as slow as Open Xcom. You are looking at singular animations, I am looking at how long whole battle lasts. Also in nuXcom you can move all your troops at the same time, something that is not possible in UFO/Open Xcom.
4-6 man teams, only few abilities, loss of action points and many other design decisions were all a result of wanting to make missions last shorter and game play faster with less interruptions.

In my mind that is a logical consequence of people asking for speed hacks in games like Underrail and others. 1+1+1+.. will end up at 10 eventually. Or 100, or 1000.

EDIT: as for workbenches, don't they only give a slight bonus? Most player don't even bother with crafting. Even with that you don't need to go there all the time. I think I visited that place total of 5 times in my whole playthrough, no need for any speed up for that. And I did do crafting with my stealth crossbow dude.

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Even diablo likes are ruined because of such people. Both Diablo 3 and now Path of Exile are not based around Zoom Zoom gameplay.

I love the old UFO games (both Enemy Unknown and Terror from the Deep). And I remember well, that you could turn the movement/animation speed to very, super fucking fast. Characters blitzed through the battlemaps, unlike the PC in Underrail :)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Why would you think I don't understand it?! What you are saying is not interesting or clever or hard to understand at all.
Because you keep writing shit and leaving stupid ratings.
If you want to talk about it, lets talk. I explained more than once that I am against it because it teaches people that it should all be like that. That makes gamers only like certain type of game and that makes it so only certain type is made by devs. You might not agree with it but that is what has been happening for a long time. Underrail was not like that so far. But now with this feature, who knows what Styg will put into the next game or the one after that.
And all you ADHD kiddies will keep asking for more shitty games and nobody else will be making good games anymore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom