Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

ciox

Liturgist
Holy fuck
there's a 20 AGI check in Fetid Marsh. There's more and a lot of them higher than 10, but 20 is the highest. How the fuck any character supposed to pass that?
Thanks, you have to mouseover the exit to find it, missed it.

Found some scales on the ground, which weren't there when I entered expedition, makes me think they are from
Yngwar

What did you do with the key you get, is it the mcguffin for the native temple?
There were scales on the ground near the monolith at the Jaws? Dang, I guess I'll revisit that place. Did you managed to communicate with Yngwar properly somehow?

Also, you got a key there? All I got is a broken off spike from the pirate who got carbonized. Is that what you mean? Haven't done anything to it other than bringing it to Quinton to check what it is.

Those huge AGI checks are not that intimidating, you don't need veteran feats or building your entire character that way, just some Hopper gear (both armor and boots give +1), Supersoldier drugs for +4, food to get up to +3 and I'm sure there's more stuff I'm missing.
no?
supersoldier is dc only thing(also its +2). food can get you up to +2 if you are save scumming, realistically its +1.

When it comes to agi you are looking at +3 temporary bonus from 3x hopper(boots, armor, steak)

Mercantile/Invictus + Ladelman = Supersoldier Drug
I forgot you can't combine food, whoops.
Is there really no other way to buff AGI?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
How has no one commented on this?
upload_2019-8-1_14-11-33.png

Whiskeyjack

Learned
Is mutated dog better than siphoner or something? Everyone always recommends using dog to deal with acid, but I always kill some siphoners and was wondering if I was missing something.

Tigranes

Arcane
Not a huge difference though. I like hunting a couple of Siphoners and getting oddity, then using their leather if it drops. Just means you don't have to worry about getting doggie skin to drop fast.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Please tell me i can somehow move difficulty from normal to hard in current game. Its too easy with psi character, didnt know that and im 20 hours in new game. i finished the game 2 years ago, my mistake that i started on normal, but i remembered it was hard game before ( i played with guns, not with psi ).

You have to restart unfortunately, difficulty is locked to save. You CAN import the character to a new game to keep equipment etc.

I have never played with any psi skills as I have a fervent dislike of 'magic' in a sci-fi game, but from what I read psi is 'easy mode'. Not sure why Styg chose to do that, he has some kind of hard on for magic users or something?

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Styg How come there was never a release announcement for Underrail on GOG? The last news post for it was for the trailer.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Can you help the doctor? What checks do you have to pass? What happens when you do help him?

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Mutated dog leather gives more acid DR/DT than siphoner does.
The acid resist it gives you is mostly irrelevant as siphoner is enough to resist all of it, and you get dodge bonus, the only reason to use dog leather is for infused leather healing bonus, or if you're mildly autistic.

With siphoner I facetank mutant dogs and mutants with no issue, I also stand in acid and take no damage.

unless there is a late game enemy that does a fuckton of acid damage that I'm unaware of, even so pretty sure the resistances and thresholds for acid on both armors is identical

PEACH

Arbiter
Can you help the doctor? What checks do you have to pass? What happens when you do help him?

If you give him a cigar he'll offer you hypercerebrix.
I meant the doctor in the Medical Center that's psychic.

Ah. Can't help you there,I got the robot to go in there for me. When I tried to enter it gave me a gameover so I couldn't interact with him at all.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
For real though, how do I deal with the entangled console? I can't really progress and I'm stumped.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
AR is the CHAD of Underrail Firearms.

They are, and they are incredibly boring. Never used them, and never will.

Night vision only counteracts the darkness penalty to accuracy, and doesn't aid in detection.

Wrong, NV helps in detection, that's for sure.

Basically they miss just as painfully as sledgehammers, but they have lower damage, lower electroshock damage if a generator is attached, no stun debuff, and the defense only works against melee.

They have AoE attack, and ranged that could crit for 4-5 K maybe more. Before last patch anyway.
Can you throw the sledgehammer? I think you can't if you aren't a Thor.
So what's not to like? They are very flexible.

I have a fervent dislike of 'magic' in a sci-fi game

It's not magic, that's what you and those who said like you seems to don't understand.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
It's not magic, that's what you and those who said like you seems to don't understand.

Ok fair enough, its not magic. Then let me clarify: I dont care what its called I dislike the psi stuff in Underrail and will probably never use it. Which is perfectly fine as there is so much other stuff in the game to do I will probably never get around to playing all the builds I want to.

Anyway back to shotguns, I am curious about Recklessness feat and shotties, as each individual pellet that hits checks for a crit in theory this could be pretty awesome to take?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've built around the spear, and it's a wholly viable alternative to the sledgehammer so far. It's almost without a doubt the most viable of all the new weapons.

Spears offer more versatility than hammers, and the ability to block melee attacks at up to a 100% chance (and pile on riot shield blocking up to 50% as well, if desired) is much more powerful than some folks might reckon, because blocking occurs prior to your energy shield taking damage, extending its lifespan. Once the energy shield is drained, blocking can save your ass on its own.

Also, you have a very decent chance of avoiding the worst depredations of knife cunts as long you activate Fend or get a spear hit in before they start in on you, and knife cunts are BY FAR the deadliest opponents for heavy hammer guys throughout most of a game.

I wasn't that taken by them tbh.
Basically they miss just as painfully as sledgehammers, but they have lower damage, lower electroshock damage if a generator is attached, no stun debuff, and the defense only works against melee.
That and the spear throw seems to take some stat jiggering that my puny brain doesn't understand in order to actually get reliable odds of hitting an unstunned target.

Obviously all of this is significantly reduced once you get Sweep and can burn through an entire battery with just one whack, and some of your better support feats, but the start is pretty eh, especially when guys toting firearms are running around.

It's important to note that standard spear attacks cost only 20 AP (probably less with TiChrome, haven't used it yet) without needing a Lifting Belt equipped, meaning that for all intents and purposes, your belt slot is freed up. You don't HAVE to use a Lifting Belt with the sledgehammer, but at the very least, you'll miss it when you aren't using it. 10 leftover AP is an extra square of movement (or medication use, etc.), and the spear can also reach an additional square on top of that. Often the extra reach isn't super-noticeable or relevant, yet it can mean the difference between being able to perform two attacks or just one.

Also, you underestimate how much I blackly despite KNIFE CUNTS, God fucking DAMN IT I hate knife fucking CUNTS who stab fifty fucking times until my STR is minus 43, FUCK YOU! Knife cunts are a fantastic example of a build that is extremely potent in the hands of NPCs, because NPCs only have to kill one guy.

Fend is a hard counter to that shit. Hapless knife cunts uselessly swipe their tiny little pieces of shit at your invincible spear; next turn, you ram it through their fucking gay eye socket in a blind rage and whoop for sheer joy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom