Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Parabalus

Arcane
Did the stupid horticulture center without touching a single hive, praise stealth.

Being shot at by serpents while on land is a joy as a melee. The native villages will be great.

Has anyone checked the persuasion level necessary when trying to switch over to the Pirates side DURING negotiations? Also, does going to the pirates lock you out of getting ACoNR?

You don't need persuasion, just tested it. Talk to razor about joining, then wait for the kidnapping, simply come on the aegis jet ski to negotiate and you get in.

Nothing locks you out of Acorn.

So I've been looking at temporal magic again. Someone check the math, but it looks to me that with future orientation & force user & limited temporal increment, you can just circle between stasis and force field. Meaning nothing will be able to retaliate between turns?!

Yep, literal godmode.

Last edited:

Tigranes

Arcane
What have folks found to be a high impact application of the temporal "take last damage again" spell? Anything that involves multiple projectiles/hits doesn't work, and dividing the damage across multiple turns really seems to put a damper on it, since most of my builds involve taking out any single target within 1-2 turns. Sure, maybe you're just setting that guy on fire / panic while you hit other people, but in that case can you waste all that AP on setting up the initial damage & recurrence on them?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You don't need persuasion, just tested it. Talk to razor about joining, then wait for the kidnapping, simply come on the aegis jet ski to negotiate and you get in.

I meant joining when you're in the Office with the Captain and his two Lieutenants. The check is 110 btw.

Parabalus

Arcane

I meant joining when you're in the Office with the Captain and his two Lieutenants. The check is 110 btw.

But there's no difference - You go to his office, then straight to the professor torture scene, it looked a bit bugged tbh.

Was spear throw really that good that it deserved nerfs?

And to spear/sword users in dominating: What the hell do you do for the newton quest? Not do it? Psi beetles at that level is pure stat check.

Quinton sells 5 molotovs.

Candide

Educated
Just did the quest where you sneak into that warehouse in Core City and steal a bunch of shields for Gorsky's street gang. Pretty tense stuff and raised my opinion of the game even higher.

I also like the character-building for Gorsky, so far all I know of him is:
-main military commander for SGS
-the defeated GMS station once put a price on his head, according to that one oddity
-Now he turns up in Core City with his old gang because he's butthurt at the Oligarchs and the Protectorate both
-Despises Vera, who is a pen-pusher and pro-Protectorate, and doesn't tell Tanner what he's up to

I love how sparse and how organic this character-building is.

I'm waiting to see your reaction to how he benevolently expects you to finance a certain repair (the game really needs a "No fuck you Gorsky, you pay for this yourself" dialog option)

ciox

Liturgist
Psionic Hoplite vs Oyensorm.

Despite Will 5 this strength-focused character is wearing full Psi-boosting gear including a Psi Carapace Riot Gear, headband that boosts Electrokinesis damage by 36%, and spirit staff.
All of the squishy casters get stunned and annihilated with Electrokinesis before they can do anything, including the high priest Oyensorm, which must ideally be instakilled before a certain event happens.
When the beefy Skaerder melee warriors approach to take their revenge, spear impales and crits pretty much one-shot them.
Not the worst build you could play.

What have folks found to be a high impact application of the temporal "take last damage again" spell? Anything that involves multiple projectiles/hits doesn't work, and dividing the damage across multiple turns really seems to put a damper on it, since most of my builds involve taking out any single target within 1-2 turns. Sure, maybe you're just setting that guy on fire / panic while you hit other people, but in that case can you waste all that AP on setting up the initial damage & recurrence on them?
It's another ability that was nerfed into oblivion after sensational screenshots, like Execute.

Vatnik
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Just did the quest where you sneak into that warehouse in Core City and steal a bunch of shields for Gorsky's street gang. Pretty tense stuff and raised my opinion of the game even higher.

I also like the character-building for Gorsky, so far all I know of him is:
-main military commander for SGS
-the defeated GMS station once put a price on his head, according to that one oddity
-Now he turns up in Core City with his old gang because he's butthurt at the Oligarchs and the Protectorate both
-Despises Vera, who is a pen-pusher and pro-Protectorate, and doesn't tell Tanner what he's up to

I love how sparse and how organic this character-building is.

I'm waiting to see your reaction to how he benevolently expects you to finance a certain repair (the game really needs a "No fuck you Gorsky, you pay for this yourself" dialog option)
Well, I had 4k coins lying around and no clue how to spend them, and a backlog of guns to sell, so I didn't mind. It was almost a relief really. Maybe I've been assiduous in selling all looted guns and some armour/ammo; will there be more stuff to splurge on later?

Tigranes

Arcane
Later, try talking to Dan about Gorsky.

You will always be fucking swimming in money unless you feel attracted to (1) player house, a pointless money sink but some people enjoy it; (2) a jet ski, you get decent ones for free but i think some people buy one; (3) super steel, a late game elite crafting ingredient if you really want to do some juicy minmax

I abandon 90% of loot including dozens of guns, never bother walking encumbered, and I still have money for some super steel. So it's up to you how much you'd enjoy the above sinks and how much tolerance you have for loot hauling.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Psionic Hoplite vs Oyensorm.

Despite Will 5 this strength-focused character is wearing full Psi-boosting gear including a Psi Carapace Riot Gear, headband that boosts Electrokinesis damage by 36%, and spirit staff.
All of the squishy casters get stunned and annihilated with Electrokinesis before they can do anything, including the high priest Oyensorm, which must ideally be instakilled before a certain event happens.
When the beefy Skaerder melee warriors approach to take their revenge, spear impales and crits pretty much one-shot them.
Not the worst build you could play.

It's another ability that was nerfed into oblivion after sensational screenshots, like Execute.

Psionic Hoplite actually seems like a lot of fun. That avatar tho...

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I fucked up and forgot to get the little paper from Yngwar that gives me the sign for the Boneyard. I can still get it from the Ferryman right? How?

Candide

Educated
I fucked up and forgot to get the little paper from Yngwar that gives me the sign for the Boneyard. I can still get it from the Ferryman right? How?
Ferryman gives you the location on the body. The grave rune is also visible on a statue (looks like a big rock) in one of the northwest natives locations (don't remember the coordinates).

Last edited:

Blackmill

Scholar
So Katya...

Seems like one of the best 4 merchants in the game. Sells deep caverns only stuff plus everything you need for super health hypos, bullhead, trance, etc. She even has that thing you get from ghostfaces. What's the benefit of siding with Aegis other than narrative? You get to kill the pirate leaders for their loot? I'm playing a melee character using swords and brutality and it's still an easy choice to side with the pirates.

Blackmill

Scholar
Also, where can I get a doctor's pouch? Constantine sells a lot of belts just never the doctor's pouch. And I didn't have the action points to loot that guy in the arena who I think has one.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Also, where can I get a doctor's pouch? Constantine sells a lot of belts just never the doctor's pouch. And I didn't have the action points to loot that guy in the arena who I think has one.
Leumerian Medical Center has one in the head surgeons room I believe.

Tigranes

Arcane
Share the build!
It still needs refinement but sure, here's a dump of where I'm at.

Wow, you've got points all over the place - how is that working out? Like 18 on dodge/evasion and 30 on guns? Curious what they were for.

Interesting that you've got 0 metathermics = 40 effective, then presumably 36 from gear that you mentioned, but you're saying it's enough to fry the natives? I've never really done a thing where I go partial PSI and use a school I haven't invested in.

ciox

Liturgist
Share the build!
It still needs refinement but sure, here's a dump of where I'm at.

Wow, you've got points all over the place - how is that working out? Like 18 on dodge/evasion and 30 on guns? Curious what they were for.

Interesting that you've got 0 metathermics = 40 effective, then presumably 36 from gear that you mentioned, but you're saying it's enough to fry the natives? I've never really done a thing where I go partial PSI and use a school I haven't invested in.

Ignore stuff like that, Guns was a mistake when I was trying out different feats and allocating skill points quickly to be able to force a levelup, and it got saved into the build, while stuff like Evasion is because at level 1-2 you have points that just don't have anywhere to go because of the skill caps, so you often end up putting them into random shit.

As for Psi, only hard points are taken into account for learning psi powers, so the only meta power I can learn is cryokinesis (0 points required), I exclusively use Psychokinesis powers to do damage and all my gear is set on boosting that psi school. Temporal is just for utility stuff like haste/slow/stasis.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, right. I always mentally put electrokinesis in meta, but it's psycho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom