Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

LJ40

Cipher
By the way, how much mercantile is necessary to get to 95 effective with hypercerebrix and 7 base intelligence, along with 60 base persuasion?
Just use the character builder.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/

Speaking of the character builder, I believe it suffers from a slight oversight and fails to account for the 1 additional base ability point you receive at level 28... unless you don't receive one, that is, although I don't see why you wouldn't.

I dunno, my character isn't level 28 yet.
You don't get one at 28 because of the feats that give you 2 points in the ability of your choice.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
That makes perfect sense, except for the fact that those feats aren't actually mandatory.

My build will no longer work exactly as planned because I didn't expect the usual level-up mechanics to suddenly change; not that it really matters, because there are several alternative choices that will work just as well, if not better. Really gonna regret not having that 15% out-of-combat movement speed bonus from Strider, though.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
That makes perfect sense, except for the fact that those feats aren't actually mandatory.

My build will no longer work exactly as planned because I didn't expect the usual level-up mechanics to suddenly change; not that it really matters, because there are several alternative choices that will work just as well, if not better. Really gonna regret not having that 15% out-of-combat movement speed bonus from Strider, though.
Wdym? Just take Agility +2 at 26, and than Strider at 28. What were you planning on grabbing instead? I did miss out on Sweep, so that's probably where?

EDIT: BTW, what was your mercantile skill when you sold your jet to Ray for 30k?

Sheepherder

Augur
In the Core city Protectorate base there's a new area with a dreadnought, a bunch of turrets, soldiers and a jetski manned by a Protectorate Marine. I managed to cook the Marine inside the jetski with my fire chem pistol, while leaving the jetski intact and close enough to the dock for me to board. I think this would be one of the ways to get a jetski before starting the Expedition.
Also, the jetski has some nice parts on it.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Oh, and where are the cords to Fetid Marsh? I don't think I investigated them on my last build as I have no clue what people are talking about, but I'm with the pirates now so no more cords for me.

ciox

Liturgist
In the Core city Protectorate base there's a new area with a dreadnought, a bunch of turrets, soldiers and a jetski manned by a Protectorate Marine. I managed to cook the Marine inside the jetski with my fire chem pistol, while leaving the jetski intact and close enough to the dock for me to board. I think this would be one of the ways to get a jetski before starting the Expedition.
Cool, try it out and see what happens. I'm curious how well that stuff is supported.
Far as I can tell there's still some stuff that needs to be polished as far as "sequence breaking".
For instance opening the Keep yourself after joining the pirates leads to there being angry Aegis troopers waiting for you locked up inside, but I'm sure that will be fixed up soon.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Wdym? Just take Agility +2 at 26, and than Strider at 28.

What were you planning on grabbing instead? I did miss out on Sweep, so that's probably where?

EDIT: BTW, what was your mercantile skill when you sold your jet to Ray for 30k?

I raised CON from 7 to 8 at 24 instead of AGI from 7 to 8, foolishly expecting the level-up mechanics to work as they normally do. There is no way to reach 10 AGI now, short of downloading CheatEngine.

I'll just take Nimble, Body Weight Training, and Increased Dexterity instead, dropping Increased Agility, Strider, and Sea Dog. The funny thing is that I'll actually have substantially more in-combat MP this way (right around 60 with my current riot gear and such); initiative will remain unchanged, although I'll sadly not be able to do the Rathound Regalia + Strider + spring boots wombo combo. Sea Dog I never really needed to begin with, honestly.

Furthermore, my effective Throwing will be higher for Spear Throw and such, and I'll have more points free (due to fewer spent in Lockpicking) to spend in Traps, which itself will additionally also be raised by my higher Dexterity, allowing me to reach around 125 Traps skill.

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgs...hbCrxLClMKTwqwpOcKzfOKzhQXis44C4rOiA-K3pgXfvw

Finally, I never sold my jet ski to Ray. You must be thinking of someone else.

Last edited:

Sheepherder

Augur
Cool, try it out and see what happens. I'm curious how well that stuff is supported.
Far as I can tell there's still some stuff that needs to be polished as far as "sequence breaking".
For instance opening the Keep yourself after joining the pirates leads to there being angry Aegis troopers waiting for you locked up inside, but I'm sure that will be fixed up soon.
Bit too late for me now. That fight isn't easy for non pure psi as there are no real choke points, so I did it after finishing the Expedition. Might try it out next time.

Tigranes

Arcane
Oh, and where are the cords to Fetid Marsh? I don't think I investigated them on my last build as I have no clue what people are talking about, but I'm with the pirates now so no more cords for me.

Northeast past Nexus walkaround.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Candide Is this it?
upload_2019-8-17_17-40-39.png

Blackmill

Scholar
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to present the Fend feat in its natural environment.

Get a good look before Styg nerfs spears again.

cc16d523d0.png

Damn... did it matter if they got the jump? Also, I see you don't have stealth on your abilities bar. Are you playing without it?

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Damn... did it matter if they got the jump? Also, I see you don't have stealth on your abilities bar. Are you playing without it?

Fend can have 100% uptime and, with the right spec, a 100% block chance. It blocks up to 98 mechanical damage in my case, and a few dozen points more if the riot shield also procs. It can't seem to completely block Death Stalker crits, though. Possibly even Death Stalker crits can be blocked with riot shield procs, although I suspect they pierce a little no matter what.

It doesn't matter if they strike from stealth; blocking still works. If Styg ever does nerf Fend, that will probably be what gets nerfed.

The most problematic thing is getting them before they can teleport, usually either by bumping into them, throwing a flare, or because they throw a fit and just launch an all-out attack without teleporting. However, they can't really touch me while I'm trying to flush them out.

I'm playing a non-stealth spear guy, not too unlike a hammer guy, but with more mobility, reach, versatility, and strong anti-melee capabilities, which heavy melee often lacks (especially vs. light melee). The tradeoff is a loss of pure damage potential and overall damage mitigation. It's an actual happy medium between stealth builds and tin can builds. I think my final build will be this mess (I thought I'd get another attribute point at 28, had to change it up a little):

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgs...hbCrxLClMKTwqwpOcKzfOKzhQXis44C4rOiA-K3pgXfvw

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
This is my variation of Blaine's build.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgw...qZ8wp4awq3CnW3CoMKfbOKzhQXis44C4rOiA-K3pgXfvw
Missing out on Sweep sucks, but sacrifices must be made. If I were to change things I would grab Grenadier at 16, followed by Power Management, and then Armor Sloping, finishing off with Nimble. Still doable without, but Grenadier just is so useful it makes things much easier if you get it early, and Armor Sloping + Nimble combo is basically just their for extra movement points which really isn't all that necessary. I finished with Body Weight Training, but Sweep is probably better. It's just that at that point in the game, I wanted to get as much movement points as possible, and Body Weight Training basically lowers our armor penalty to 5-8% I believe. That means that you have 50+ Movement Points at level 30 without any Tabis or Striders. Using a 140+ quality bootspring, and you have over 90 movement points which is awesome.

I am doing a run of Everlasting man build from popeamole on DOMINATING.

Its a chad build for sure. even psionics don't hurt as much casue 7 will and absolutely huge hp. coule that with tin can armor with regen vest and juggernaut. most turns you will be using AP to move :lol:

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hgw...qZ8wp4awq3CnW3CoMKfbOKzhQXis44C4rOiA-K3pgXfvw
Missing out on Sweep sucks, but sacrifices must be made. If I were to change things I would grab Grenadier at 16, followed by Power Management, and then Armor Sloping, finishing off with Nimble. Still doable without, but Grenadier just is so useful it makes things much easier if you get it early, and Armor Sloping + Nimble combo is basically just their for extra movement points which really isn't all that necessary. I finished with Body Weight Training, but Sweep is probably better. It's just that at that point in the game, I wanted to get as much movement points as possible, and Body Weight Training basically lowers our armor penalty to 5-8% I believe. That means that you have 50+ Movement Points at level 30 without any Tabis or Striders. Using a 140+ quality bootspring, and you have over 90 movement points which is awesome.

You probably won't miss Sweep too much. I use it only occasionally, most often when surrounded by things like crabs or rathounds. I suppose it spreads electric shocks around nicely. It's a nice ability, although as always in these latter days, you really have to put spec points into it to make it TRULY nice. As for the built-in debuff, see, the thing about a melee skill that makes dodgy little shits stop dodging is that you still have to hit them first.

I think I'll ultimately be aiming for infused heartbreaker tabi, bio or stury carrier riot gear with TiChrome shield and aluminized or blast coating, and quite possibly the Grey Army Spec Ops Helmet (lose 40%ish Detection bonus, but I'll have decent Traps skill soon), with the Sec-Trooper Helmet on standby for truly massive bio damage or if I'm wearing sturdy riot gear.

Then I'll spec down Spear Throw's FUCKING NERFED AP cost and use a TiChrome energy spear alongside tabi for primary attacks, which is the only way to get a throw and two attacks now without using drugs.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
I've looked in every single zone with the natives and I can't fucking find this damn symbol. Anyone have any idea?

Blackmill

Scholar
Is Sweep an AoE attack in that it hits targets through Pseudo-Spatial Projection (like grenades or Cooked Shot)? That could be a good use if so.

Also, I can't find this on the wiki, but does picking up the spear equip it or just put it into your inventory?

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Is Sweep an AoE attack in that it hits targets through Pseudo-Spatial Projection (like grenades or Cooked Shot)? That could be a good use if so.

Also, I can't find this on the wiki, but does picking up the spear equip it or just put it into your inventory?
It equips it.

Parabalus

Arcane
I've looked in every single zone with the natives and I can't fucking find this damn symbol. Anyone have any idea?

It's near their main base, one area left and down of the temple IIRC . It's a big statue and the symbol is carved in white on its rock hammer.

Follow the coast upwards from the boneyard/JSHQ on your jet ski, you'll get to an area that has a on-foot water transition, it's the next one.

Razor has a quest for the marsh, he's at the smaller port.

Is riot armor even worth it? With armor sloping you could make some insane metal armor instead.

I was looking into riot armor on my sword guy, but the end-game crafted versions are worse than leathers, and I even have more use for the block (riposte).

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm proud to present the Fend feat in its natural environment.

Get a good look before Styg nerfs spears again.

cc16d523d0.png

These guys are all Death Stalkers on DOM :mixedemotions:.

Do you block enough damage to deal with them too?

Last edited:

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
It's near their main base, one area left and down of the temple IIRC . It's a big statue and the symbol is carved in white on its rock hammer.

Follow the coast upwards from the boneyard/JSHQ on your jet ski, you'll get to an area that has a on-foot water transition, it's the next one.
Fuck me I'm retarded, I found it straight away after reading this, thanks brother.
Razor has a quest for the marsh, he's at the smaller port.
Even better, thanks man.
Is riot armor even worth it? With armor sloping you could make some insane metal armor instead.

I was looking into riot armor on my sword guy, but the end-game crafted versions are worse than leathers, and I even have more use for the block (riposte).
Eh, it depends. The good part about Riot Armor is the shield you get which helps with blocking, especially if you spec into it, but you will get better raw protection from metal or perhaps even some leather armors. It's up to prefrence as all are very viable in Hard. Can't speak for dominating.
These guys are all Death Stalkers on DOM :mixedemotions:.

Do you block enough damage to deal with them too?
Yeah.

Black Angel

Arcane
What dictates whether the torch does 40-80 or 80-120 damage? Will? It only mentions precision in the tooltip.
It's only 40-80 damage on me and I had 15 Will at the time.
Anyone found the Psi Beetle Brain yet?
Ain't that oddity drops from the psi beetles and their goliathuses? Or are you talking about something else?
Nay, northeast of Nexus leads to the Blistering Shores. Fetid Marsh is east-southeast from the Horticultural Center, the entrance is sandwiched by the Nexus and Horticultural Center.
Here, courtesy of Damianus_NT
EeaqFQL.jpg

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
What dictates whether the torch does 40-80 or 80-120 damage? Will? It only mentions precision in the tooltip.
Ain't that oddity drops from the psi beetles and their goliathuses? Or are you talking about something else?
Nay, northeast of Nexus leads to the Blistering Shores. Fetid Marsh is east-southeast from the Horticultural Center, the entrance is sandwiched by the Nexus and Horticultural Center.
EeaqFQL.jpg
Give this beautiful man a medal.

Parabalus

Arcane
EeaqFQL.jpg

https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Psi_Beetle_Brain_in_a_Jar

Might be something new in DC.

Someone should add the map to the wiki, Candide maybe?

Dunno what's the deal with the torch, I'll try and look at my saves.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom