Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

hell bovine

Arcane
hello friend

Ok, that's a bit suboptimal for a psi user due to low intelligence & lack of premeditation, but your psi skill are still high enough for normal or even hard difficulty, provided you have the abilities.
Get close using stealth. Set up a telekinetic proxy. Then you can either try destabilization on a tentacle > implosion > finish it off with whatever, then try to finish tchort with a telekinetic punch and neural overload spam. Or you can implosion and telekinetic punch directly on tchort, followed by neural overload spam. I think (but I might be wrong about this, because I don't actually remember) that mind effects work on the tentacles, so you could locus > mass enrage to keep them off your back if they cause you problems.

hello friend

Arcane
How much damage does your proxy-implosion-tk do? It should reliably one-shot Tchort without issues. Are you on DOM difficulty?

So how would you guys build a psi character with the expansion? All four disciplines? Or dropping out one or more? In other words, is Temporal Manipulation a must-have now?

Fancy pants optimizing is 75 TC, 70 TM and 160 rest.

You can really do whatever with full PSI.

TM by itself is op on every char build.
fml

I might have significantly misunderstood how telekinetic proxy works.

Oh fuck if I'd known this earlier in the game.

Oh man

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
fml

I might have significantly misunderstood how telekinetic proxy works.

Oh fuck if I'd known this earlier in the game.

Oh man

Yeah the only thing you're missing is Mania for guaranteed crit but double-fisting Tchort should almost certainly kill him after Implosion, especially with Force User. Just need to survive the tentacles.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
How did you beat the early encounters in the game then, molotovs are by far the most effective method, without them depot a becomes almost impossible for a guns player

It's by no means impossible.
The only one grenade I used - and that's not always - is the Jack Quicksilver quest with decoy/gang, that's all.
Past that you don't need this grenade-things.
You don't need them even as melee - I did Depot A last time with ease, melee is silent, it's a big advantage.
I did it with shotguns - used 1 flashbang or so, died once (except my clumsiness on minefield where died twice).
I'll suggest to Styg make grenades less powerful and less obvious OP because it hrm new players - they don't want to learn how to fight tactically, instead they just spam crutches left and right. And I'll do that right now.

I waited to do the Black Sea until right before DC, I was apparently over-leveled so everything there gave junk XP.

You played classic EXP? Then you shot yourself in the leg.

1. You didnt play on Dominating difficulty. All other difficulties are too easy.
2. You did play with Classic exp system. Which also makes content too easy.

True, as for the rest USE SPOILERS YOU, YOU!

Last edited:

sqeecoo

Arcane
Fancy pants optimizing is 75 TC, 70 TM and 160 rest.

You can really do whatever with full PSI.

TM by itself is op on every char build.

Thanks! Do I really NEED Metathermics tho? I feel that robotic enemies are well covered with Psychokinesis and biologicals with TC, with locus of control providing AoE. Single-target power comes from comboing telekinetic proxy with implosion/fist. Am I wrong? What does Metathermics bring to the table except an easier early game?

Goromorg

Savant
Thanks! Do I really NEED Metathermics tho? I feel that robotic enemies are well covered with Psychokinesis and biologicals with TC, with locus of control providing AoE. Single-target power comes from comboing telekinetic proxy with implosion/fist. Am I wrong? What does Metathermics bring to the table except an easier early game?
That's right, you can beat the game with TC and PK just fine, although investing 50 points into MT and 70 points into TM is well worth it.
Temporal manipulation can be very powerful as a damage skill too.

Parabalus

Arcane
That's right, you can beat the game with TC and PK just fine, although investing 50 points into MT and 70 points into TM is well worth it.
Temporal manipulation can be very powerful as a damage skill too.

TD is probably the strongest contributor late-game, without it you'll probably find yourself lacking AoE on harder difficulties, especially vs robots.

FWIW I'm sure you can play around it, e.g. my first run I only had meta+TC, which worked fine except vs robots.

I'd consider it more of a personal challenge, e.g. you can play with just TM, I think Sykar did this on DOM and didn't have much trouble, but it's def weaker than just standard.

sqeecoo

Arcane
Thanks for the responses. Might go without metathermics then. And locus of control and telekinetic proxy are just too strong to ignore. I just like having enough points to spread out into crafting and persuasion and hacking/lockpicking (kinda needed on Oddity).

TD is probably the strongest contributor late-game, without it you'll probably find yourself lacking AoE on harder difficulties, especially vs robots.

FWIW I'm sure you can play around it, e.g. my first run I only had meta+TC, which worked fine except vs robots.

I'd consider it more of a personal challenge, e.g. you can play with just TM, I think Sykar did this on DOM and didn't have much trouble, but it's def weaker than just standard.

Sorry, what do you mean by TD? Temporal distortion? Is it usable without focusing on it? I'd assume you need continuum ripple at least?

Grampy_Bone

Arcane
Wandering the world randomly in search of maps
I did 70 Temporal Manipulation, 160 other three. Still had (effective) 130 hacking, 100 lockpicking, 110 persuasion, 100 mercantile, 150 electronics, 100-ish tailor and mechanics, 50 Biology. Enough to make all the hypos I wanted and top-tier psi vest, headband, and a 1500 capacity shield. I had 25 points in pickpocket I could have put somewhere else and 50 or so in Stealth I probably didn't need due to Stealth-boosting equipment. Also had points in Traps that were useful midgame but probably a waste long term, I could have bumped up biology more and made more use of drugs.

0 Dodge and Evasion which arguably made me squishy during the early-midgame but after level 15 it didn't matter anymore.

So if you're going pure PSI why not take Metathermics? What are you saving the points for?

Goromorg

Savant
It's usable in 1 vs 1 fights or so, not usable in Beast fight for example.
With Continuum ripple it's pretty good.
So if you're going pure PSI why not take Metathermics? What are you saving the points for?
Most metathermic powers feels like wizard spells, so it's not for everyone's taste. And if you max thought control and psychokinesis you have enough tools to win any combat encounter.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Piece of cake. My only problem now is figuring out if I should install the expansion and play again with a new character, or try out ATOM RPG. Also, now with Disco Elysium just around the corner...
Expansion. Underrail is better than ATOM, and you'll finish Underrail before DE comes out I'd think.

Jack Dandy

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Styg Please help, my game is still stuck in the splash screen. Won't launch.
:cry::cry::cry:
EDIT: Uh.. okay, it launched, but it took like 7 minutes to do so. That shouldn't be normal, right?
LKlsd1q.png

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
with classic xp you lvl faster?in all my playthroughs and independent of build i used oddity but always killed everything on sight,so maybe xp is a better option for me?
If you think that being hit the level cap in the midgame is fun - then do it.
it's way harder to do with Expedition installed.
On oddity, I did almost everything (including Expedition but excluding DC) and only got to level 26, i reckon playing in classic mode will allow you to get veteran feats before hitting DC.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
with classic xp you lvl faster?in all my playthroughs and independent of build i used oddity but always killed everything on sight,so maybe xp is a better option for me?

If you think that being hit the level cap in the midgame is fun - then do it.

Don't believe this. Unless you're autistic and grind rats for days.

Without the expansion I only hit the level cap slightly before DC. And I think I was pretty thorough in my exploration and killing everything that needed killing.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Styg Please help, my game is still stuck in the splash screen. Won't launch.
:cry::cry::cry:
EDIT: Uh.. okay, it launched, but it took like 7 minutes to do so. That shouldn't be normal, right?
LKlsd1q.png
Same thing happens to me, though it's around 3 minutes in the worst cases.

Question regarding "Volitile Fuseboxes" -- are they always there for a purpose? Do you always cut power to some room or place if you destroy them?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom