Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

overly excitable young man

Carnifex was very annoying.
But stun and fire bolts were extremely helpful for me.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Does starting the game take a long time for everyone else? It can take up to a minute before I see the title screen.

Sinatar

Arbiter
I have it installed on an SSD and it takes over a minute for the initial startup.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Does starting the game take a long time for everyone else? It can take up to a minute before I see the title screen.

Does it help if you launch it manually, without Steam?

Unfortunately not.

Google search results suggest reinstalling the XNA framework and disabling fullscreen adaptations for Underrail.exe. I'll try those tips next.

AW8

Arcane
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
How far into the arena do you need to progress in order to unlock the final corporation quest? I bashed my head against Carnifex until beating him on two different characters, before learning that he's an optional fight.

Follow-up question: What happens if you turn all three corporations hostile before joining one? Can you still continue the main quest?

Last question: Has anyone tried getting the drill parts before Tanner asks for them? Are they present in-game at the start of the game?

Actual last question: What happens if you turn SGS hostile before delivering the drill parts? Do you softlock the game and limit the gameworld to the starter area?

overly excitable young man

How far into the arena do you need to progress in order to unlock the final corporation quest? I bashed my head against Carnifex until beating him on two different characters, before learning that he's an optional fight.
You just have to beat the first gladiator, Master Exploder (7. fight)

ciox

Liturgist
Follow-up question: What happens if you turn all three corporations hostile before joining one? Can you still continue the main quest?

Last question: Has anyone tried getting the drill parts before Tanner asks for them? Are they present in-game at the start of the game?

Actual last question: What happens if you turn SGS hostile before delivering the drill parts? Do you softlock the game and limit the gameworld to the starter area?

Far as I know softlocks will happen if you anger SGS too early, all the Core factions too early, or the Tchortists too early.
Once they've served their purpose you can kill them though.

Also you might be able to do something with gas grenades if you f.e want a Tchortist Rassophore armor early or something, since that can be a kill without hostility, but that's getting patched out.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron

Bah

Arcane

Does it help if you launch it manually, without Steam?

Unfortunately not.

Google search results suggest reinstalling the XNA framework and disabling fullscreen adaptations for Underrail.exe. I'll try those tips next.

Well, those fixes didn't work either.

It usually takes 2-4 minutes to start up for me as well, but it does always start. It's just one of those things I've grown to accept in order to avoid windows.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom