Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Yup, and Styg confirmed it as intended behavior in a forum post I think.

Really? It was in days of internet absence for me, it seems. I only saw him mentioning this in Bug section.

Better as in they still end up doing more damage per shot/turn even with reduced accuracy? What char level did you test at?

I don't remember - it could be before Deport A which sounds logical, or after which sounds logical too.

Btw, have you ever noticed it proccing twice? Like I'd stand in front of an enemy with another enemy within AOE, fire a shotgun and sometimes get two floating "Barrel Stare" after a shot.

Never, cause I didn't play a lot with it, just one abandoned character.. Not sure it's intended behavior.

It's p. nice because it's a multiplier.

Problem is, you have hard times trying to make it proc. My current lvl 21 char don't need additional damage as burst had it enough and I didn't even specialized in Sixth Shell.
Anyway, it's not for lightly armored fragile characters.

guys on discord

Also I lost account on discord again arggggggh.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
But my build worked too, and I don't need to be close to dangerous species, you know, so I can maneveur. This build didn't cure psy-poison from Foundry quest, so I'm on adrenaline shots only.

It's a feature!

Yeah, this thread, I sew it. Actually it's a bug, at least it looks very much like that. Feat should mention this in description beforehand.

ItsChon

Resident Zoomer
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Does anyone even use HE grenades? Even on armored opponents, I've always found that either the Frag Grenade alternative works better than HE, or it's just not worth using a grenade at all.

Black Angel

Arcane
Does anyone even use HE grenades? Even on armored opponents, I've always found that either the Frag Grenade alternative works better than HE, or it's just not worth using a grenade at all.
They're good finisher, I think. Ignore DR and DT is good against bots and the likes, but yeah. Lower tier sucks, but starting from MKIII and above is effective as group finisher. But other than that, it's indeed underwhelming as is

Metronome

Learned
I've used them occasionally when I didn't have frag grenades of the same tier, like when you get the bundle of them from that one arena boss. Otherwise I've never found a situation where I would rather use them than a frag.

Black Angel

Arcane
Maybe Three-Pointer can make it worthwhile? Though I think Critical Power won't work unless 'nades counts as a 'weapon'.

Also, just found that Grenadier doesn't have specialization. Damn, another build that would be underwhelming compared to others.

Parabalus

Arcane
Shotguns seem very good so far, breezed through Junkyard. Money was tight pre-GMS.

They are super loud so you always aggro almost the entire map which is fun.

Black Angel

Arcane
Thanks a lot for the
yes.png
, bros. Also, it means Sharpshooter's critical damage bonus counts toward Critical Power too, huh?

I've been fiddling a lot with the character builder these days thanks to being told to stay at home and my workplace close until the 29th. I found that trying to play a stealthy-trap expert-crossbower left literally zero room for veteran feats, and even then there's still couple of useful feats that can be taken.
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgY...h4mazVAwoAzAks4TGrCheKhpAXioowD4qWAAuKstAXfvw <- not final, especially since the stat and skill distribution is all over the place (6 STR because I also want to try the Jawbone, 10 AGI because I thought I can take Blitz or at least maximum synergy with Stealth for Snipe, 11 PER because I planned to get Scrutinous, 6 DEX for not only Trap Expert because Quick Tinkering fucking sucks but I also had Grenadier in mind).

Other than that, I also made 3 (more) builds that I want to play in addition to... Spear-n-Shield Spartan build I'm currently playing (and on hold because Alpha Centauri is addicting), a sniper build, Sword Saint, Roland of Gilead :negative:

2-handed Spear
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hg4...pNBBgBLMcKxwqZ44rOOAuKzmAXis6ID4rOkA-K3iQLfvw

Dumb brute with 0 crafting aiming for Balor's hammer while wearing Rathound Regalia and munching on Rathound Barbeque
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HhA...A5CEQxLVADY2DCgUEPVVR8wrZ44p2gBeKligXiq5AF378

Captain Murica
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?Hg4...AYHS8KCwqrCqyR8wrbCqeKhkAXisKQF4ra1AuK2tgPfvw

So many build plans, so little time and patience to play them all :negative::negative::negative::negative:

And also, I'm embarrassed to admit after nearly 5 years of release, only these days I finally have a bit deeper understanding of the game, and still there's a lot to learn :oops:

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Sharpshooter's critical damage bonus counts toward Critical Power too, huh?

The only exception is Fragmented Chaos, and because it's a bug.

You can safely drop Concussion Shots and Interlooper. First one for sure, it's least useful, and Interlooper more QoL feat than anything.

Candide

Educated
I'm exploring some PSI builds mostly based on this thread https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4149.0 and I struggle with resources management. My psychosis character (level 7, about to hit depot A) is pretty powerful until it runs out of mana. Then it's back to trying to save my butt using grenades etc. At what point will I be able to rely on psi only? I've crafted a tactical vest with psi beetle carapace, any other ways to lower the mana consumption?

The UR wiki got hit by spambots again btw.

Parabalus

Arcane
I'm exploring some PSI builds mostly based on this thread https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4149.0 and I struggle with resources management. My psychosis character (level 7, about to hit depot A) is pretty powerful until it runs out of mana. Then it's back to trying to save my butt using grenades etc. At what point will I be able to rely on psi only? I've crafted a tactical vest with psi beetle carapace, any other ways to lower the mana consumption?

The UR wiki got hit by spambots again btw.

You can still get headband + wizard staff (nerfed I think) + advanced psi empathy + hemopsychosis + fast metabolism + LTI/Stasis + (consumables).

Generally when chain casting you will chug hypos on CD, starting from the first round.

What will lower your PSI consumption the most is extreme damage, which stems predominately from a crafted headband with the +crit damage % component. Early game kiting around corners and using force field 'creatively' to wait for hypo CDs is normal, afterwards rarely necessary.

hell bovine

Arcane
With my psychosis wizard I went for the "lure all the map to one place and then nuke" tactics. Get creative with stealth, noise and force field (provided you have force user). Enemies will stand before a force field waiting for it to come down, so if you ensure it's your turn first, you can dispose of them in one strike. Stealthers you can lure out by casting enrage on one of their friends (preferably the toughest), they will leave stealth to attack them. Once you get mass enrage this becomes very easy.

edit: Also, psi beetle soup is not that rare.

Sheepherder

Augur
tl;dr the linked thread, but the build there is strange. Survival instincts at lvl16, no electronics, points in chemistry and persuasion and non-maxed thought control.
There's a good guide on psi on steam in the guides section, check it out.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I always feel like a fag if I use a guide to make my character then I end up having a retarded character because I didn't use a guide.

Black Angel

Arcane
Currently playing a Spear&Shield Spartan, and I really like being unable to use a shield at the start makes me have to consider my options while playing around with Spear Throw and having to rely on Throwing Net. I don't know how true the 300 movie depiction of a Spartan childhood, but it really makes me feel that way.

Currently in Junkyard and been reloading a couple times trying to deal with Vince and his gang, finally resolved it with the help of a single Frag MkII. And then I stumbled upon the option to just climb a fence with 7 AGI check right near the fire barrel with the black guy who'll tell us Abram is looking for us :lol: just reloaded to see how Vince and the gang would react to me coming from the back. They don't take kindly to a stranger coming from *inside* the slum rather than the outside :dealwithit:

xuerebx

Erudite
I've just finished the game and I've really enjoyed it (100 hours, haven't played that much on a single game in years), and after piecing parts of the lore from Steam, reddit, the official forums and the wiki I came to realise how little lore I learned from my playthrough. The lore is really interesting, but I wasn't able to piece the story bits together. Felt like I didn't learn anything after 100 hours playing! I always hacked and read the information contained in the computer terminals, but sometimes I ended up skimming...

Still, very fun game. Loved the psi mechanics.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Just bought the expansion. Can I reload my old savegames (from 4 years ago) and directly jump in ? No compatibility issue ?

Last edited:

Alexios

Augur
Patron
The Foundry beast fight seems legitimately unfair on dominating. Are gas grenades seriously the only way to kill the bladelings? Every other method seems to be a non-starter: shotguns are useless because the fuckers resist crit damage, plasma grenades don't do enough damage, and anything else will kill too few of them at a time. That's pretty irritating if you haven't invested enough in chemistry to craft gas grenades.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom