Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail worth it?

pippin

Underrail is one of the most comfortable games to play right now in terms of interface. I never had any sort of problem with it.

Atchodas

Augur
He probably meant Fallout 3 = Underrail ... which makes sense kinda as this game is closest to what FO3 should have been

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Underrail is pure gold and you must have shit for brains, or be a die-hard Fallout 4 player, to think otherwise. Little nuisances like font size and UI scaling were fixed ages ago already.

It's also the only recent game where the crafting mechanic doesn't feel forced nor autistic. I would say it's my pick for the best title of 2015.

Repressed Homosexual
Am I the only one to find it utterly generic and boring? I'm not able to care for any of these quests or characters, or the universe of dirty underground tunnels.

That Czech Fallout mod was about a hundred times more interesting, I was unable to put that game down until I completed it.

Last edited:

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
From reading this thread sounds like I need to wait for the expansion before doing a first playthrough of Underrail. Age of Decadence respecting the player's time with the no bullshit lets get on with this shit optional teleports instead of mindless walking was one of the greatest things I've seen in RPG gaming. I'm sad to read that Underrail takes the exact opposite approach with the backtracking.

Black Angel

Arcane
But Foundry and DC are forced back-tracking and not fun.
No argument there. I can't think of at least better way to make DC less tedious, but Foundry just need a lil bit of tweaking, especially the part where we had to ask for Ezra's help on dealing with the Beast.

Modron

Arcane
But Foundry and DC are forced back-tracking and not fun.
No argument there. I can't think of at least better way to make DC less tedious, but Foundry just need a lil bit of tweaking, especially the part where we had to ask for Ezra's help on dealing with the Beast.
I could forgive all that, if you could talk to front desk to get your metal forged.

naossano

Cipher
Underrail has the best Interface from all recently released RPGS , you can KEYBIND EVERYTHING , and only use mouse to target NPC's .

There are like 40 or so keybind slots , you can bind everything ranging from gadgets and utilities to different Ammo . And all these Keybinds are intergrated into UI you dont even need to go to options to bind something .

In todays world of consoletardation , this is TRUE INCLINE .

Why would want to use your keyboard on a turn-based game ? You can play it at any pace you want. there is no need to rush things with binding.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom