Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

agris

Arcane
Patron
My key is also in my backerkit, FYI. It's a ~24 ~10 GB download, 24 GB install.

Last edited:

Thal

Prophet
Is there a LP stream somewhere? I want to experience this launch in its full glory.

Not foolhardy enough to buy a copy though.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://otherside-e.com/wp/underworld-ascendant-launch-post-build-notes/

UNDERWORLD ASCENDANT LAUNCH POST / BUILD NOTES

Greetings, Underworld Ascendant players. Welcome to The Stygian Abyss!

Update-Notes-Launch-1024x540.jpg

Underworld Ascendant is now live. We are so excited to reach this momentous occasion and to share Underworld Ascendant with the world. We look forward to seeing how each of you approaches the many enemies and obstacles that stand in your way.

Here’s everything you need to know before heading into the Abyss:

BUILD NOTES
– Player Hunger level can increase when game is paused.
– Some metal doors can get stuck in their frame when opened.
– Some audio might overlap when you play a memora log during narration.
– Highlighting over the companion mind crippler shows additional outlines. This creature still behaves per normal.
– There are rare areas where a skeleton would spawn in an unexpected area and not react to players.
– Character punches the air after casting a spell with a wand.
– Selecting sounds in the character customizer does not show box around the selected option.
– If character falls into Valley in Titan’s Reach and has all the movement skills unlocked, they can survive the fall and become stuck.
– In Tyball’s Folly, falling into water in the Necromanteion region causes players to be stuck.
– Playing on the computer with a controller, exiting the game, rebooting the computer and starting up the game causes the game to be locked to playing a controller. You will need to replug the controller and reset the controls.
– Corpses of Deep Slugs occasionally distort after reloading a level.
– Thrown objects will pass through Aelita.
– In one room in Murgo’s Prison some items will disappear after turning off a trap.
– If you are climbing a chain while being hit by a Ripper, you are unable to get off the chain.
– Some chains move on their own.
– If an additional game is loaded while in-game, the faction favor could display inaccurate information.
– Wooden chairs can sink in water.
– Some items might be hard to see if they drop on soil.
– Faction bonus popups add an extra “the” in front of the faction’s name.
– Splashing into shallow water sounds like splashing into deep pools of water.
– URUZ rune icon is different in spellwheel than in spellbook. This is a font issue.
– Using Controller on OPTIONS menus that scroll, you need to use the right stick to scroll the menus.
– There are some holes in the environments that are being addressed.
– Formatting issues with some text with the quest tab, reward screen and subtitles.
– Some fighting animations with a sword can miss collision with Rogue Outcast.
– Text Formatting with Hints is inconsistent.

GENERAL INFO
Week 1 Bonus Items and Launch Discount
Purchase the game week 1 to receive In-Game Bonus Items as well as 15% off of the retail price for the game. Offer expires 21 November, 2018 (9:59am PST).

Bonus Items:
2 quest companion creatures: Vorpa + Mana Leech
Downloadable map of The Stygian Abyss

Accessing Bonus Items:
Retrieve the quest companions through the “Player Stash” in the Midnight Forum (near Aelita) in Marcaul. The Player Stash has a map icon to help you find it. When you open your stash, you get an auxiliary inventory UI and you will see the items in there. You can drag them to your regular inventory and equip them from there (there’s 1 special slot for equipping a companion, just like armor, etc.). Note: every new character the player creates will have those items sitting in their stash.

The map will be downloaded to a DLC Extras folder in your Underworld Ascendant Steam folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Underworld Ascendant\DLC Extras

You will also be able to access the folder from via the Steam library by right clicking the game, selecting Properties, Local Files tab, then select the Browse Local Files button.

FOR NEW PLAYERS
Do I need to know anything about the games this is based on?
Nope! There’s a couple of throwbacks which veterans will catch, but the game itself is pretty contained. Keep an eye out for secrets…

This game seems… really hard… I can’t kill anything!
First and foremost, this is a Looking Glass-style game. Here’s a couple of pointers:

If you spam light attacks too often, enemies will start to block more often. You need to vary your attacks.

Your weapons have durability, and not just from attacking! Defending / parrying too many shots can weaken your gear.

Exploration is key to survival. As you traverse deeper into the Abyss, you’ll notice there are a lot of enemies crawling around. Be sure to know your surroundings and use whatever you can to your advantage. (Ledges, traps, cliffs, etc)

Peek at the skill tree and play around with different setups! If you want to be more mobile, you may want to invest in the “Fighter” tree just for some mobility options. If you want to utilize more magic to give yourself more options, try out the “Magic” tree. And of course, if you’d like to go FULL “Garrett,” there’s always the “Stealth” tree.

COMMUNITY:
Be sure to join the Steam Discussions or Discord to share your experiences!

FOR KICKSTARTER BACKERS:

I’m a Kickstarter Backer! How do I redeem my Steam key?
You must log onto your BackerKit to access your final game key. Please log into BackerKit here with your Kickstarter login credentials, navigate to the Underworld Ascendant project, and then click on the Digital Downloads tab. From there, you should see your key to be redeemed on Steam. See below for DRM-Free info

NOTE: Whether you selected Steam or DRM-free for your final game key, ALL backers are receiving a Steam key. The game is still DRM-free (you can play offline or without launching the Steam client). We are still looking into non-Steam platform alternatives such as on itch.io / GOG .

When I load up Underworld Ascendant, it doesn’t play, and I was able to play the Backer Pre-Alpha / Alpha / Beta just fine!
Make sure to delete your save files from the previous builds before playing Underworld Ascendant. You can find your save files under My Documents/My Games/Underworld Ascendant.

I received an email from BackerKit that my address was needed to complete my order, but I only have digital rewards.
You can ignore this email! This is usually if you ordered Prototype Access and BackerKit assigned you a second pledge and it notices your address was left empty. Your launch key and rewards will NOT affected.

Other:
My game crashed! How do I send you a bug report?
Please send us the output_log.txt, which can be found here:
C:\Users\[Your Name]\AppData\LocalLow\OtherSide Entertainment\Underworld Ascendant

I’m waiting for my / Mac / Linux key. When should I expect it?
We expect the Mac and Linux builds to be finished after launch. We will continue to update you on our progress as we work on these versions of the game.

DRM-Free Version of Game for Backers
For the DRM-free version of the game, we are still searching for a vendor. We apologize for this inconvenience. If you would like to use your Steam key in the meantime, it is is DRM-free and can be played completely offline and without launching Steam. We will update everyone when we have our DRM-Free distribution channel finalized.

Does this game support 21:9 or ultrawide monitors?
At launch, no, not yet.

fobia

Hm. I backed this. I can't remember why though. Must've had too much money at some point in my life.
Well. I guess everybody gets fucked over by crowd-sourcing at some point. Had to happen eventually. :M

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Can't find any launch reviews, but the publisher has released an "accolade trailer" based on the previews :shittydog:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Downloading now.

BUILD NOTES
– Player Hunger level can increase when game is paused.
– Some metal doors can get stuck in their frame when opened.
– Some audio might overlap when you play a memora log during narration.
– Highlighting over the companion mind crippler shows additional outlines. This creature still behaves per normal.
– There are rare areas where a skeleton would spawn in an unexpected area and not react to players.
– Character punches the air after casting a spell with a wand.
– Selecting sounds in the character customizer does not show box around the selected option.
– If character falls into Valley in Titan’s Reach and has all the movement skills unlocked, they can survive the fall and become stuck.
– In Tyball’s Folly, falling into water in the Necromanteion region causes players to be stuck.
– Playing on the computer with a controller, exiting the game, rebooting the computer and starting up the game causes the game to be locked to playing a controller. You will need to replug the controller and reset the controls.
– Corpses of Deep Slugs occasionally distort after reloading a level.
– Thrown objects will pass through Aelita.
– In one room in Murgo’s Prison some items will disappear after turning off a trap.
– If you are climbing a chain while being hit by a Ripper, you are unable to get off the chain.
– Some chains move on their own.
– If an additional game is loaded while in-game, the faction favor could display inaccurate information.
– Wooden chairs can sink in water.
– Some items might be hard to see if they drop on soil.
– Faction bonus popups add an extra “the” in front of the faction’s name.
– Splashing into shallow water sounds like splashing into deep pools of water.
– URUZ rune icon is different in spellwheel than in spellbook. This is a font issue.
– Using Controller on OPTIONS menus that scroll, you need to use the right stick to scroll the menus.
– There are some holes in the environments that are being addressed.
– Formatting issues with some text with the quest tab, reward screen and subtitles.
– Some fighting animations with a sword can miss collision with Rogue Outcast.
– Text Formatting with Hints is inconsistent.

You know a game is fkd if the devs give you a list of bugs to watch out for.

This sounds like a great Early Access title

Nyast

Cipher
Allright, I already want to uninstall. The game defaults to French. I immediately go into the language settings and select English. I press OK -> nothing happens, menus are still in French. I restart the game -> everything remains French. FFS.

They. Did. Not. Fucking. Test. Changing. Languages.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Allright, I already want to uninstall. The game defaults to French. I immediately go into the language settings and select English. I press OK -> nothing happens, menus are still in French. I restart the game -> everything remains French. FFS.

You have been deemed unworthy by the game

agris

Arcane
Patron

I assume your OS language is set to Fr? If you're desperate to play this, change it to En, reboot, verify UU's integrity and try again.

Nyast

Cipher

I assume your OS language is set to Fr? If you're desperate to play this, change it to En, reboot, verify UU's integrity and try again.

OS is in French but Steam is in English. I play all my games in English, and it works for all other games.

I spoke too quickly, apparently the main menu is in French but the keys rebinding menu is in English.

And here, gentlemen, is the first puzzle of the game:

A8UN2ZA.png

Let's figure out what "Move forward + back +" is supposed to mean.

Also let's ignore the text formatting/wrapping outside buttons, cause why not.

Nyast

Cipher
Cool, the game warns me about a key conflict, when there is none ( I double checked ). Just lol.

StrongBelwas

Savant
Patron
I have a key but something gives me a feeling I should give it a day to make sure nobody's computer is getting cooked

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My backerkit pledge of 1.00 triggered the question of whether I wanted a Steam key or DRM-free ... so now it says I have a Steam key as part of my pledge rewards. I didn't get a key yet though :cry:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom