Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/othersidegames/underworld-ascendant/posts/2340131

LAUNCH DAY! Updates, FAQ, & More

Morning everyone! IT'S LAUNCH DAY!

Kickstarter Backers should have their final game Steam keys unlocked on BackerKit NOW! Please remember to check your email for a notification and make sure your BackerKit is registered under the right email address.

ALL backers are receiving a Steam key, but note that the game is actually DRM-free. (Can be launched without the Steam client or played offline, etc). We are still working on acquiring a non-Steam DRM-free key for interested backers and will update everyone when that is finalized.

Here is a FAQ / Build Notes Doc that we will update over the next few weeks.

We also have another trailer!

Your other KS rewards will appear as a bundled Steam key on BackerKit in a few days (we are waiting on Steam to confirm.)

ADVENTURER+ backers will receive keys for their Companion Creatures on BackerKit today.

To report or follow up on bugs, please be sure to check our Technical Support thread on Steam.

If you have ANY questions, the best way to reach us is at support@otherside-e.com.

It's been an incredible journey with you all, and we still have a couple of plans in mind for The Stygian Abyss post-launch...

Thank you for supporting Underworld Ascendant! Happy Launch Day!

Cheers,

The OtherSide Team

Latelistener

Arcane
A8UN2ZA.png
Version 0.3? So like what the fuck let's release it already guys.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

https://www.ign.com/articles/2018/1...cers-had-to-seem-sympathetic-a-ign-unfiltered

WHY BIOSHOCK'S SPLICERS HAD TO SEEM SYMPATHETIC – IGN UNFILTERED

The first few times players encounter a splicer in BioShock, it’s one of the scariest and weirdest moments in modern gaming. For Joe Fielder, who helped design the high-flying world of BioShock Infinite, it wasn’t just a chance to create an intimidating enemy type, it was a chance to humanize one of gaming’s most iconic factions, and he learned how to do it at the hands of BioShock director Ken Levine himself.

“I'd done a pass on [the Splicers], and [Levine] and another one of the writers, Drew Holmes, gave me feedback,” Fielder said on this month’s episode of IGN Unfiltered. “Ken opened up his playbook on how he came about writing the Splicers and some of the influences: Requiem for a Dream, other things like that, [Death of a Salesman character] Willy Loman. I'd written characters who said funny or nasty things, and he was like "no, you have to feel sympathy for them. For horror, you really need to have some sense of empathy. Otherwise it's just scares. That meeting, I felt like, taught me a lot about writing and game writing in particular."

In this month’s episode of IGN Unfiltered, host Ryan McCaffrey sat down with BioShock Infinite designer and Underworld Ascendant creative director Joe Fielder to talk about his path from being a games journalist to developer, the lessons he learned from Ken Levine, what it’s like to write a book adaptation, and plenty more. Make sure to watch the entire episode above.

You can also check out IGN Unfiltered every month, where Ryan McCaffrey sits down with some of the industry’s biggest and brightest voices, including Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price and 3D Realms founder Scott Miller.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
I have a key but something gives me a feeling I should give it a day to make sure nobody's computer is getting cooked
There's no frame cap, so enjoy your 1300 fps movies, and 120+ fps menus. That being said, any aftermarket gpu that emphasizes cooling can run at 100% for days and be fine.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing

Actually, google translate claims it's the opposite:

It took 7 minutes. Half the time I tried to change the resolution to run at 16: 9, and not 21: 9 which he set by default (2560x1080), while writing - 1920x1080. But after the disregard for the Russian community from the next developer, I did not even try to understand whether the game was good. Refand.

Instead of heaps of Russian letters, just squares. And at the same time somewhere the text is normal, somewhere squares.

Well, yes, this is pixel hunting of invisible pixels.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Why these idiots bothered with translation? English only, and they would have half bugs on release.

agris

Arcane
Patron
The optimization for console performance is impressive; I can play at 2560x1600 on high/very high with v-sync locked into 60 with an i5-2500k and r9 290.

Of course, the low resolution textures, aggressive geometry/LOD culling and constant shadow/fog filling are like visual itches that you can't scratch. But it'll run well on console!

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
The optimization for console performance is impressive; I can play at 2560x1600 on high/very high with v-sync locked into 60 with an i5-2500k and r9 290.

Of course, the low resolution textures, aggressive geometry/LOD culling and constant shadow/fog filling are like visual itches that you can't scratch. But it'll run well on console!

8 minutes later...

Yeah, I had to uninstall this. I'm sorry I didn't donate the key to the codex.

giphy.gif

Mortmal

Arcane
My backerkit pledge of 1.00 triggered the question of whether I wanted a Steam key or DRM-free ... so now it says I have a Steam key as part of my pledge rewards. I didn't get a key yet though :cry:
You should have got yours already , after the survey you immediately get the key on the same page, key is hard to see on the page, like it's not the thing that matters the most...47 min in, no reason to uninstall yet, its pretty fun, so far, if not spectacular graphically, run well at ultra on 8 year old rig.No reasons to hate yet.

Oh i need to edit my post, i saved to write this fine post then went back to load my game, it threw me back to the beginning with every tutorial puzzles unsolved but with my inventory items still.
So..FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!FUCK YOU 505 games !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That said have a nice game gentlemen, i am back to fallout 76 till this shit is sorted.

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
How are the developers going to put the player in a dark subterranean dungeon with shadows/fog that constantly fill at => 20 ft in front of the player and band like an old 16 bit LCD trying to display 32 bit color. This plus the cartoon style, item highlighting...

I couldn't, I can't.

DJOGamer PT

Arcane
I'm just here to say CODEX cracked this 25 minutes after release. So tomorrow I'll post my impressions.
For now I'll finish my Severance and Dark Messiah playtrough.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Abandon all hope ye who enter the abyss..

Wow, i read somewhere that de developers basically said, yeah too bad for those masses of players expecting an UU redo, i mean that would be nice and all but we just didnt feel like that was interesting to work on.

So we made the Strobe Dungeon instead.

Wow just wow. Sure why make something customers want? It is not like you need to sell that shit.

The fact that Agris went from cautiously optimistic to fuck this in about 8 minutes... Maybe he can do the Codex review?

Mortmal

Arcane
Could write a review while putting the same amount of effort they obviously put in the game:" Nothing like Ultima underworld, looks like shit, cant save, backers fucked in the ass". You can use my review for codex curator list.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom