Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
WTF is that?

Edit—
YouTube’s it as well as googled. No stats all imagination and “Open mind.”

SpryFakeAngelfish-max-1mb.gif

tenor.gif

U6mWSyT.jpg

Last edited:

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
No, that's Furcadia, a furry roleplaying simulator.

I remember when I was a teen ; I had no idea what furries were and I was looking for free MMOs. And it was the only one I kept finding. I remember it fully intrigued me : no combat, no puzzle, just people looking like that interacting. I tried it a few times and failed to see the point.

Then, it all became clear, and I felt really dirty for just being on there once.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Hard guess if it's just an average idiot or fake review, there. He has 13 games on Steam, after all.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
OS is taking fake reviews to the next level.

6 minutes of gameplay, received product for free, has not played a second since posting the review on January 14.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198836210988/recommended/692840/

Well look at his friend list, friend of "OtherSide_Staff": https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198836210988/friends/

I'd guess it's a review from their friend or colleague.

(Unless this Joe guy is Joe Fielder, the director. That's a different story.)

Nyast

Cipher
.. only one review ever with 12 minutes of play time, and never played again afterwards ...

Yup, not suspicious at all :)

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Unless this Joe guy is Joe Fielder, the director. That's a different story.

Hey Joe, if you're reading this: Is it you?

Perhaps someone who is still on the OS forum could ask him. And also ask in general what they think of this kind of reviews and why their game seems to attract so many of them.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Apparently the post-release support has been financed by money that was earmarked for paid DLC. Have 505 Games lost faith?

Untitled.png

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
"the focus continues to be on making things better, not worse"

4 months after they launched it...hard to tell if they are being serious or just trolling their backers at this point.

Nyast

Cipher
I mean, they are trying. It's just that the game is beyond saving and their team is pretty much incompetent. With a miracle we might end up with a 4 or 5 / 10 game in a few months.

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
The community manager seems to think we are idiots.

And if a company WANTED to inflate their score, they'd have to sink money (at full price now!) into buying people keys just to have them leave a positive review in masses.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/692840/discussions/0/1841314700720495889/?ctp=2#c1843567770211599411

Well, this is where a 75% discount comes in handy, which was granted exactly at the time when the most recent fake reviews started to show up (right after Update 2 which ppl on Steam say broke more than it fixed).

Come on, Sam, you can do better than this!

MasterLobar

Angry OtherSide Refugee
Good point, maybe they are, but then again OS is destroying 505's reputation by having made a game so shitty that 505 has to do these cheap dirty tricks.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/march-19-weekly-update/9987

Morning everyone! It’s been awhile, hasn’t it?

Just to clarify, we are still working on our Update 3, which is primarily focused on bug fixing and polish. Changes such as adding in a notification for quicksaves, fixing the bug where you could save mid-quest and then lose quest progress when reloading, and several other issues are being addressed as we keep our eyes on our Update 4. Update 3 is estimated to release sometime next week, once everyone is back from GDC.

For Update 4, we cannot promise which features will make it in, but I can share that we are strongly interested adding in additional NPCs/creatures/updated combat. Note that our focus on NPCs does not mean dialogue trees. Given the scope of our timeline and budget, we will be looking at ways to flesh out the narrative and world building with what we currently have as efficiently as possible. We’re kicking around a couple of ideas on how to do this without breaking the bank and also making it enjoyable; having fun and meaningful interactions within a game can really change the experience.

And of course, if you haven’t seen it already, the Austin team is busy with System Shock 3 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom