Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant is a disaster

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I know Dewi. He's just an eccentric Ultima superfan, the same sort of person that's keeping Shroud of the Avatar alive against all odds.

Terenty

Liturgist
Is this game even worth modding? Never did any modding, but i cant imagine spending even 5 minutes on this thing

Glic2000

Educated
Not sure what modding would even do? I mean the one thing that's always been really lacking in this game is just content. NPCs, monsters, quests, etc.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
What this game is missing is an actual, functional (let alone good) game. Modders would have to remake this. Not sure if this engine even supports modding.
Just let this thing die. It's over.

There are still people on Steam who think the devs are hard at work trying to finish this:

It's not finished yet. Why don't you wait until they finish patching it. Go play Pillars of Eternity 2 until this is done. It's not that hard to uninstall and reinstall later instead of crying all over their boards. They are working.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/692840/discussions/0/1640915206454590249/#c1640919737474428114

Posted 3 days ago btw, not back in January or anything like that. I wonder if it's Sandro.

Codex Year of the Donut
Latest fiasco: https://steamcommunity.com/app/692840/discussions/0/1640919103685204016/

1. Player complains about movement being physics-based
2. Flarechess answers that they don't plan on addressing it but hints / suggests it could be modded and refers to the modding thread
3. Modding thread says game can't be modded anymore ( https://forums.otherside-e.com/t/what-fan-mods-would-you-like-to-see/10014/37 )
To explain it more for those who care:
Most Unity games can be easily modded because all of the scripting is done in C#, a language that compiles to an intermediate language and is JIT(Just In Time) compiled when you run it.
The intermediate language is easily reversible back to its source unless obfuscated, and easily manipulated (replacing functions with your own custom one, adding pre/post-hooks to functions, etc.,)
Otherside switched from using the intermediate language to unity's il2cpp compiler largely intended for platforms that aren't allowed to use a JIT compiler. This translates the C# directly to C++ and compiles it to native code. Unless someone is very determined at this point(examples include things like sfall for FO1/2, Temple+, script extender for Bethesda games, etc.,) modding in the same fashion as before is off the table. It would require extensive reverse engineering by a skilled individual, especially considering all the debug symbols have most likely been stripped.

:lol:

Ranarama

Learned
Depends. I have seen companies where the techs basically believe that they are too big for the company to fire, and they are right. The company went for a "lean and mean" model and went too lean, so the loss of even 1 guy would be catastrophic for their committed deadlines. The techs understood this, and instead of being the lowest rank in the company, they basically turned into union bitches. Nothing management can do once that hits.

So the company did stupid shit, and there was nothing management could do to fix the poor management?

But hey, blame the devs they gave all the power to for taking advantage.

Cael

Arcane
Depends. I have seen companies where the techs basically believe that they are too big for the company to fire, and they are right. The company went for a "lean and mean" model and went too lean, so the loss of even 1 guy would be catastrophic for their committed deadlines. The techs understood this, and instead of being the lowest rank in the company, they basically turned into union bitches. Nothing management can do once that hits.

So the company did stupid shit, and there was nothing management could do to fix the poor management?

When a bunch of guys start taking advantage of a loophole? Of course. That is the basis for criminal activity.

Just because a loophole is there does not absolve someone for exploiting it.

Efe

Erudite
its not much of a loophole if you end up a criminal afterwards cael.
it should absolve you if its working as intended.

Cael

Arcane
its not much of a loophole if you end up a criminal afterwards cael.
it should absolve you if its working as intended.
And yet we have people trying to exploiting such loopholes all the time in real life.

Efe

Erudite
cael criminality is defined by law/rules. loophole is a gap in logic of law/rules. criminality is breaking the law

having people exploit such loopholes in real life is irrelevant in this context. also if they are doing it successfully, then they are getting away with benefits they reap.

Cael

Arcane
cael criminality is defined by law/rules. loophole is a gap in logic of law/rules. criminality is breaking the law

having people exploit such loopholes in real life is irrelevant in this context. also if they are doing it successfully, then they are getting away with benefits they reap.
No. They get pursued, charged and locked up.

In this case, they also get fucking fired once the management has had enough of their antics and decide that the short term pain is worth the long term gain.

Possibly Retarded The Real Fanboy
Ive heard that there is mod for this game that will not only uninstall it in 2 seconds but also prevent from its future install, and if user bypass this, mod will uninstall and delete all saved games from all Ultima I - IX titles plus both Ultima Underworlds as a punishment. Then it Will change your wallpaper to the permanent picture of Richard Garriott molested by bunch of heretics including Todd Howard, ceos from EA and creators of modern BiLgbtware and today Diablo Blizzard section daemons.

Efe

Erudite
Cael
3cpAS6L.jpg

a random google search yields some examples.

Ash

Arcane
So...even Bioshock is possibly better than this shit?

Never mind. That's just impossible.

Efe

Erudite
linked page has many examples, show me where "They get pursued, charged and locked up."

you dont know what loophole means. i could have rated your posts shit and call you a dumbfuck but choose to post a friendly image and an informational link but your response clearly shows your preference in this matter.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What this game is missing is an actual, functional (let alone good) game. Modders would have to remake this. Not sure if this engine even supports modding.
Just let this thing die. It's over.

Yeah, there is very little to salvage in this mess.

The change in compiler was just the final nail in the coffin.

Cael

Arcane
linked page has many examples, show me where "They get pursued, charged and locked up."

you dont know what loophole means. i could have rated your posts shit and call you a dumbfuck but choose to post a friendly image and an informational link but your response clearly shows your preference in this matter.
You can do many things, but the problem with the Codex is that there are so many dickless cunts here that think downvoting people somehow makes them men, that the whole idea of downvoting has become pretty pointless. Sort of like sjws calling people racist or alt-right. Absolutely meaningless.

Mustawd

Cael, wtf are you going on about?

Underworld Ascendant is a huge financial success and the devs have done nothing wrong. That’s what Efe has been trying to get through your thick ESL skull.

Posters like Lobar and yourself are ruining it for actual gamers like us.

Cael

Arcane
Cael, wtf are you going on about?

Underworld Ascendant is a huge financial success and the devs have done nothing wrong. That’s what Efe has been trying to get through your thick ESL skull.

Posters like Lobar and yourself are ruining it for actual gamers like us.
Then, prepare to be ruined. Like the traitor in the hind end of the cow:

Ranarama

Learned
When a bunch of guys start taking advantage of a loophole? Of course. That is the basis for criminal activity.

The "loophole" being idiots in charge of a company, and the "criminal exploit" being negotiating a better deal.

Why do you hate capitalism? Where did the free market touch you?

Cael

Arcane

The "loophole" being idiots in charge of a company, and the "criminal exploit" being negotiating a better deal.

Why do you hate capitalism? Where did the free market touch you?
As if a fucking kiwi would know what capitalism means. Take your stupid commie union cunt of a PM and stow it, soiboi.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom