Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Mustawd

SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

We’ve got some exciting news to share. Something else besides all of the incredible developments occurring behind the scenes on Underworld Ascendant. Thing is, we want to have some fun revealing the news. See if you can guess at what it might be. Go check out the teaser site as we do the reveal over the coming week here.

Possibilities:

1. Zep has been hired to work on the development team
2. They are adding Ultima to the game's name
3. Game is moving to third person

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES

We’ve got some exciting news to share. Something else besides all of the incredible developments occurring behind the scenes on Underworld Ascendant. Thing is, we want to have some fun revealing the news. See if you can guess at what it might be. Go check out the teaser site as we do the reveal over the coming week here.

Possibilities:

1. Zep has been hired to work on the development team
2. They are adding Ultima to the game's name
3. Game is moving to third person

Which one of those begins with the letter "S"? :P

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
For the record. I am not "bashing" them. But I do not believe they can pull off the bullshit they spout.

Two entirely different animals.

Just like this recent Bullshit with the "prototype"

They were supposed to release the level that was fully textured. like ...IN THE DAM PROTOTYPE THEY HYPED!

But instead, what is shown is...it's default Unity Asset Bullshit. No two ways about it, they release fucking bullshit.

I mean, come on guys...Please...See it for what it is.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
And it's clear (as I said a month or 2 ago).

That early "prototype" was scripted non-sense.

It had none of this awesome AI and "Adaptive" AI you retards seek or that they "claim"

Damn men, live in reality for once.

Zep--

Ash

Arcane
Collaboration with NightDive on the System Shock remake in some form was my first guess.

I mean, come on guys...Please...See it for what it is.

In due time we'll know. What we currently do know is that they are very competent, so just wait it out.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
n due time we'll know. What we currently do know is that they are very competent, so just wait it out.

In due time..we'll know...but they are very competent...uh...what?

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ash Bubbles Thank you for stating the obvious. ;)

If it is System Shock, then I'm hoping it's not the remake but that they've been contracted to do the sequel after they finish Underworld. Although if they can find the time to help with the remake too then yay, I guess.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
How's the Shroud of the Avatar working out for you, faggots?

Yeah, I "bashed" that too.

Zep--

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Zep you don't into comprehension. Show me where they said the were going have a release of that very level as prototype, and if so, that it would be the firs thing they release?

Saying ~nothing is scripted in this demo and and people will see that in the prototype~ does not mean:
- Our first release to backers will be this demo level

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
uh..dude..because they said they would?

YOU WILL PLAY THIS PROTOTYPE NEXT MONTH.

Please Dr...I love you

But stop your nonsense.

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
zzzzz

Zep went nuts about this game from the moment he saw that short video of droopy-eyes Warren Spector during the Kickstarter campaign. Droopy eyes = scam scam scam.

It's a shame really, because ever since the Kickstarter what they've been doing is what you'd think is the Zep Zepo way of doing things - just six pros sitting in a room and coding, no marketing, no bloat, no bullshit.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Warren Spector is a washed up has been.

Fuck, you even say it you fucknut.

A Droopy eyes loser who is trying to follow a pre-written script for him.

I'm surpised he just didn't fall asleep and just start snoring during that video.

God damn...you guys are marks for anything you might find "nostalgic"

Even though you get shown shit.

Zep--

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
uh..dude..because they said they would?

YOU WILL PLAY THIS PROTOTYPE NEXT MONTH.

Please Dr...I love you

But stop your nonsense.

Zep--

Sometimes people want to believe something so fiercely that their memory is altered to support the desire. Do me a favour, find the vid and the time when they said that directly. Could be wrong but I think you are making a logical leap.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron

I'm surpised he just didn't fall asleep and just start snoring during that video.

Zep--

You know he was looking down on a tablet on the desktop and not falling asleep?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dr, Ask Infinitron.

That is what they promised.

I'm not reading back 98 pages for your insecurity,

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
and he was "looking down"... why? To answer a god damn question or explain the game...please man...

Come on dude...get with reality. He was reading some pre approved bullshit

It was painfully obvious.

Zep--

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Zepo probably means this post: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...in-prototype-stage.92639/page-83#post-4160027

We wanted to (a) keep the demo short and (b) really try to nail the concerns you guys had on look and feel. For that reason there is a lot of depth that you won't see until the playable around the end of the month.

I interpreted that as meaning it would be the Shadow Beast demo itself that would be playable and we would see more depth in it...but Jeff didn't actually explicitly say that. All he said is that there would be a "playable" where we would see more depth.

SausageInYourFace

Angelic Reinforcement
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
He obsessively shits all over these devs for about a hundred pages and then goes 'but I am totally not bashing them, guys!' :D

That seriously cracked me up just now.

Ash

Arcane

Dude is a winner who has served his duty to the artform. Sure, he sold out with IW and hasn't done anything to cater to us since then (except teach future devs how to into game design I guess), but that doesn't override such a glorious pedigree of Ultima Underworld -> System Shock -> Deus Ex.

Also he constantly bashes the brainless cinematic lowest common denominator bullshit of today and the lack of design progression/innovation too, which makes him incline of games criticism since few else with authority says it.

Mustawd

Zep--

How do his PR skills have anything to do with building a good game?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
So, they're going to give the playable prototype to all backers, but you have to pay $5 to get it as a Backerkit add-on. You do get $5 of Backerkit credit with it, so it's "free" in a sense, but that can only be used to buy more add-ons.

But, if you backed Bard's Tale IV as well, you already have $5 of credit from that. So that's handy.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The new game is going to be called 'DESU EX' :smug:

Just kidding, it's clearly fucking System Shock or SHODAN as said before.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom