Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Ash

Arcane
Didn't expect to see the Doc turn. Thought you'd go down swinging with fabulous optimism 'till the end.

:negative:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
https://steamdb.info/app/692840/history/?changeid=U:8288683

Changed Release Date – September 30, 2018 › October 1, 2018

thinking.png

Curratum

They said they will need to reconsider September, not just because of the state of the game, but also because of Bard's Tale 4 and Pathfinder Kingmaker both coming out in September.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://otherside-e.com/wp/update-the-doom-counter-ticks-down/

New screenshots but no word about the beta.

UPDATE: The Doom Counter Ticks Down…

Hey everyone,

We’ve been working on a lot of systems, features, and levels behind the scenes as we get ready for launch. Here’s a sneak peek at what we’ve been working on:

TREACHERY AND DOOM
unnamed-1024x754.png

unnamed-4-1024x570.png
unnamed-3-1024x570.png

unnamed-2-1024x574.png
unnamed-1-1024x575.png

While the Backer Alpha featured areas that were filled with resources and fairly linear areas, don’t expect to be so lucky in the final Abyss…

We’ve been working on polishing up the many hallways and levels throughout the Abyss to make sure every turn is different from the last. You’ll need to think vertically to traverse some of these areas, and keep in mind where you are at all times. Many have been lost in the Abyss and have yet to return.

unnamed-5-1024x707.png

As you play Underworld Ascendant, you will notice that your actions and choices will affect the decaying world state.

Typhon stirs, and as his influence spreads across the Abyss, it will be up to you to stop him and limit his reach before it’s too late. The Stygian Abyss is an unforgiving environment, but perhaps with kindness and knowledge, you can stop that which threatens your world…

As a reminder, this is a good time to read up on our weekly updates, where we discuss questions brought up by active members.

UNDERWORLD ASCENDANT IN THE NEWS
unnamed-744x1024.jpg

We were featured on the cover with an exclusive article and interview in the Italian gaming magazine The Games Machine:

An adventure that, 25 years after its birth, is still fresh, intriguing and engaging.

If you need to catch up on our E3 news, also remember to check out our interviews here:

DualShockers Interview with Joe Fielder: Discussing Player Choice, Realized Worlds, and Influences

EPNdotTV Interview with Joe and Walter: Discussing Emergent Open-Ended Gameplay in UA(Video)

GameReactor Interview with Paul and Warren: How UA Takes Immersive Sims a “Little Further”

BACKER ALPHA & EXTERNAL PLAYTESTING
unnamed-6-1024x648.png

Thank you to everyone who submitted feedback through our Backer Alpha survey, and those of you who have volunteered to help us playtest Underworld Ascendant! Your feedback has been incredibly important to us, and nailing the feeling of the Abyss has been one of our highest priorities over the last few weeks.

Nearly 1,800 of you unlocked access to the Backer Alpha build last month, and we received over 80 detailed survey responses.

If any of you would like to continue playing Underworld Ascendant, or are a new fan and not a backer, we are still looking for external playtesters. (Note: Windows ONLY).

Sign-ups are available through our official Discord or OSE Forums. Join us to sign up for an exclusive biweekly playtesting opportunity and stay updated on our daily progress! Prior playtest experience is not required.

KICKSTARTER REWARDS SNEAK PEEK
On the community side, we’re nearly finished with the preparations for the physical orders.

Here’s a sneak peek at the 3D renders we made of the 4” figurines for LORE SEEKER ($300+) backers and above:

unnamed-7.png

(From left to right: Resherak, Cabirus, and Aelita)

If you are a backer receiving physical goods and need to make adjustments to your shipping address, please make sure your BackerKit address is fully updated!

If you need to make a shipping address change, contact us as soon as possible at support@otherside-e.com with your BackerKit / Kickstarter email and pledge number.

That’s all for now! Next month, we’ll be preparing for Gamescom and PAX West. We hope to see you there!

Cheers,

The OtherSide Team

In Other News…
In case you missed it:

Last edited:

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
As soon as they tried to"partner" with portalarium, had added the AssCreed wall running and other janky shit...The game was doomed.

After announcing they had a "publisher"...Game was double doomed

Now trying to push some Alpha shit out the door in 2 months is just criminal.

Totally goes against what Kickstarter Is all about.

Zep--

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
On top of all that...

You have sleepy, drunk Warren Spector collecting a paycheck for what...the last 3 or 4 years?

And he has in that time.... Accomplished nothing.

Glad handing all around, and nothing to show for it.

Zep--

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I like to think that when these formerly great developers - Lord British, Warren Spector - are getting rich by doing very little of note, it's just karma catching up with them and giving them their fair share.

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
There were vetrical spaces in the original and platforming was a thing in them. I don't mind that so much as long as it isn't taken beyond the reasonable.

Ash

Arcane
Fucking Unity engine. Far inferior design philosophy and design talent. Inadequate funding. Devs that clearly aren't even trying.

This is really sad.

Thanks for the great games devs. This presumed (by everyone) piece of shit doesn't override the immovable level of respect I have for classics like Underworld and Shock 2. Incredible experiences, and absolutely among the finest in the industry if not the most accomplished :salute:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It doesn't help that the devs don't really seem to know what they want to accomplish.

Indecisiveness combined with feature creep is a terrible combination.

Ash

Arcane
Well, at least whatever direction they went in it still looks like a game rather than some pretentious walking sim "this is art I tell you!" garbage. I still have hope this will be a fun-ish little action game at least, comparable to say a low-budget Dark Messiah, but I doubt it will even be that...

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I am stilk in denial stage
These guys seem to be seriously out of touch both with the legacy of the Underworld name and the expectations fans had for this project.

It seems it should have been straightforward enough; well designed imaginative levels, interesting encounters, functional combat and an interesting set of npc...
What we got is box puzzles as the “latest” trend, Trine looking artwork and enemy designs, uninspired “dungeons”, horrendous “Oblivion like” combat and not even a decent snowball chance in hell of this beign an even mediocre game; everything about it screams mediocrity... not a single thing they have show had made me think “mmm well that’s interesting” it all seems derivative, uninspired and ultimately undeserving of the Underworld legacy

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Haven't seen it yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom