Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
That's like adding inept to injury

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
I genuinely like how open the PR team have been about their internal processes. Most of the bigger indies never talk about stuff like this:

Untitled.png

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Its closer to DM MOM than the original, and that is what we said we were building. Sadly it seems that was not communicated as clearly to some, and people expecting a redo of UU are not happy.
I WOULD BE MUCH HAPPIER WITH A SPIRITUAL SUCCESSOR TO DMMOM THAN UU, DMMOM IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE GAMES OF ALL TIME, AND QUITE FRANKLY A GAME OF DMMOM'S SCOPE WOULD BE MUCH MORE REALISTIC TO PROPERLY REALIZE FOR A TEAM OF OTHERSIDE'S SIZE (AND APPARENT PROJECT MANAGEMENT SKILLS)
BUT TO FIRST BILL IT AS AN UU SUCCESSOR AND THEN PARE IT DOWN TO A DMMOM SUCCESSOR JUST FEELS INSULTING
WHERE'S MY MIGHTY BOOT AND SPIKED RACKS THEN, EH?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
If you liked having an environment you could mess around in like Dark Messiah, I think you'll like Underworld Ascendant. A lot was put into the physics system, the runic magic spellcasting which is still preserved from the original games, and some stealth mechanics for anyone who misses some Thief-like games. There's a lot of gameplay options here, and room for us to expand in the narrative department in the future.

Maybe they really are going to make a dialogue system DLC?

Curratum

So this bunch has been derping around so long, "tweaking" their "simulation engine", they still don't have a DRM distro platform, 18 hours before launch? Jesus fucking Christ, who the fuck will give you any money to butcher Sys Shock 3 now? :D

Hines

Savant
I wonder if Ascendent potentially joining the likes of Mighty Number 9 and Overkill's Walking Dead game bombing might encourage Starbreeze to pull out of funding Warren's slow progress on System Shock 3?

Latelistener

Arcane
Its closer to DM MOM than the original, and that is what we said we were building. Sadly it seems that was not communicated as clearly to some, and people expecting a redo of UU are not happy.
SomeHalfGoshawk-size_restricted.gif

Big Wrangle

I wonder if Ascendent potentially joining the likes of Mighty Number 9 and Overkill's Walking Dead game bombing might encourage Starbreeze to pull out of funding Warren's slow progress on System Shock 3?
I think that for many people, UA is the moment of truth on whether Otherside is to be trusted with SS3. So yeah, that will most likely happen in the case of failure.

Also piss off mate, these dumbasses thinking they can succeed Dark Messiah without a very good combat system. :smug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Curratum

I think that for many people, UA is the moment of truth on wether Otherside is to be trusted with SS3. So yeah, that will most likely happen in the case of failure.

Also lmao, thinking they can succeed Dark Messiah without a good combat system. :smug:

But they DO have one! It's where you first backstab the non-boss skeleton, then spend another 3 minutes pitifully whacking him with your sword till he stops moving for a beat, then ragdolls.

sk2k

Novice
I think that for many people, UA is the moment of truth on wether Otherside is to be trusted with SS3. So yeah, that will most likely happen in the case of failure.

Also piss of mate, these dumbasses thinking they can succeed Dark Messiah without a very good combat system. :smug:

You can punch lizards. That should be enough.

Big Wrangle

So it's UU except DM except no except yes except maybe both except someone should have given all the devs a consistent PR memo.

Nyast

Cipher
It's Dark Messiah with big floating lizards that send you doing missions to levels that reset every time and where you cannot save or have meaningful interactions. In other words, that's gonna be brilliant !

Nyast

Cipher
Hey bro. Feels like most people criticizing the game have a familiar name :) But I'm sure the impatient young hordes of Steam fans are gonna rate this game 90%+ and we are just disgruntled dinosaur gamers.

Curratum

Watch the Steam hub. People's enthusiasm is cooling real fast, even those who have no idea what it was supposed to be or what it is.

I'm doing my best to help them along, in a way that won't get me banned.

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
Watch the Steam hub. People's enthusiasm is cooling real fast, even those who have no idea what it was supposed to be or what it is.

Are you the Steam community member known as "small pig poop fix"?

Curratum

Are you the Steam community member known as "small pig poop fix"?

Lol, I'm afraid not. Is there someone with literally the same name in the quotation marks, because for some reason I find this hilarious? :D

Tigranes

Arcane
So out of everybody who already paid for this, which brave soul is going to play on launch and give us the scoop

troupeg

Educated
I'm going to play it because what the fuck else is coming out soon at this point, nothing to lose

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom