Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
The game is bound to be a financial disaster, they release without having an online store, and now they are giving a second free key to some as an equity measure.

Confidence.

Max Heap

Arcane
Any backers here that have gotten their keys yet? Or know if the backer build will get converted into the full game?

They're planning to send out keys at the moment of the game's launch, but may start an hour earlier (i.e. an hour from now).

Untitled.png

Sending out keys an hour before launch, eh?

What could possibly go wrong? :smug:

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
The game is bound to be a financial disaster, they release without having an online store, and now they are giving a second free key to some as an equity measure.

Confidence.

They're very confident! They've already announced a beta test for the DLC:

Untitled.png

Untitled1.png

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
One hour. I guess the review embargo expires only at the moment of launch?

BEvers

I'm forever blowing
More from Chris Siegel:

There is fun to be had in the game. The magic system is pretty great, stealth is 80% of Thief. Interested in what people like and don’t like. In some ways this was more of a challenge than some of us thought, building a company, selling the game, keeping the lights on, and developing all at the same time was many hats to juggle. Its been a exausting 4 years. The company is on solid footing (which is good-very good) the future is bright…we learned a ton about the team, about what worked and didn’t and all we can do is move to the next thing, and fix this one up as best as we can. As with every game I wish we had another 3 months, 10 more people and unlimited funds, but sadly we have none of those things.

I want us to get to Bethesda level, but that is going to take some serious time. The next game is already bigger and better funded (Shock 3) and the one after that we expect even more. Win or lose UA got us standing up, and the team that is here now is stronger than the one that started the journey. What can I say, I still love coming to work.

re: kickstarter for the love of god I never want to do that again for video games.
It works far better for more predictable, smaller ventures like boardgames.

https://forum.quartertothree.com/t/...ught-to-you-by-zombie-looking-glass/76311/570

45 minutes :bounce:

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
Didn't they reject a puzzle game a while back because it looked something that can easily be ported to mobile which is like any puzzle game ever, then revert the decision when people called them out on it?

Yes, Opus Magnum. Overwhelmingly positive ratings on Steam, 90 on Metacritic. They refused it because it "looks too much like a mobile game". The dev (who had published all his previous games on gog) went to Twitter with that info, which caused an uproar in the gog forum and gog eventually caved in when even gaming publications joined the community in mocking their retarded "curation".

I don't believe for a second that Underworld Ascendant is going to be some sort of groundbreaking masterpiece - but gog's "curation" by and large is so fucking dumb it deserves its own DSM-5 classification.

Last edited:

Nyast

Cipher
This game has honestly been my favorite "laugh at the cripple" title for a while. But the best laughs are yet to come.

Gonna have to wait a few more hours. The early 2-3 first hours of the game are still hiding all the cut off features. That's only after the tutorial and Marcaul that you start to understand the way the game was designed. Conveniently, that's also outside of the 2-hours refund period of Steam.

Latelistener

Arcane
Didn't they reject a puzzle game a while back because it looked something that can easily be ported to mobile which is like any puzzle game ever, then revert the decision when people called them out on it?

Yes, Opus Magnum. Overwhelmingly positive ratings on Steam, 90 on Metacritic. They refused it because it "looks too much like a mobile game". The dev (who had published all his previous games on gog) went to Twitter with that info, which caused an uproar in the gog forum and gog eventually they caved in when even gaming publications joined the community in mocking their retarded "curation".

I don't believe for a second that Underworld Ascendant is going to be some sort of groundbreaking masterpiece - but gog's "curation" by and large is so fucking dumb it deserves its own DSM-5 classification.
What do you expect? Valve - creating Proton and funding DXVK and VKD3D so people could play more games on Linux (they have their own agenda, but it's a good thing for everyone). CD Projekt? This:

Very productive. Probably scored a few points among the hamsters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom