Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Nyast

Cipher
I have mine also. This is gonna be great. PC gaming is saved. Gonna enjoy every minute of the launch.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Any backers here that have gotten their keys yet? Or know if the backer build will get converted into the full game?

They're planning to send out keys at the moment of the game's launch, but may start an hour earlier (i.e. an hour from now).

Untitled.png

Sending out keys an hour before launch, eh?

What could possibly go wrong? :smug:
I think this is a fairly savvy move on their part. It diminishes the chances of early review-bombing by unhappy kickstarter backers. If we had the key a week ago and had steam set to notify us when it goes live, that's going to remind a lot of people that this game exists, and the promises that were made in the selling of it. There's no downside, financially, to doing this - with a huge potential upswing of rolling the dice on letting the general steam community decide if it wants to buy the game or not, without the added baggage of angry backer reviews.

Also, I find this kind of manipulation very off-putting. Why do Ultima and System Shock get the (dis)honor of getting this studio up off the floor, while their future games that lack such pedigree will potentially benefit from all the experience making UU and SS3. It should be the other way around, fail on the no-name shit, and once you're experienced, tackle the franchises that are respected and that you're known for.

edit: for clarity

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron

I cannot believe that's the released game. Aside from NPCs stuck on geometry, AI not fighting back, the lack of any fall damage for falling four(?) stories - the much-touted lizardmen look like plastic toys. How on earth did any art director let that ship?

edit: for fairness, that's not the release build. I just saw the video is from Nov. 9th, so it's a week old.

Last edited:

Bastardchops

Augur
Patron
After playing Call of Cthulhu and thinking it would be an RPG this is going to be like the cheap tropical fruit drink chaser to a glass of dishwater.
Ok it wasn't tropical fruit drink just rotting pineapple juice with cigarette butts, which clipped with, then juddered off the table.

glass blackbird

Learned
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015

I cannot believe that's the released game. Aside from NPCs stuck on geometry, AI not fighting back, the lack of any fall damage for falling four(?) stories - the much-touted lizardmen look like plastic toys. How on earth did any art director let that ship?

edit: for fairness, that's not the release build. I just saw the video is from Nov. 9th, so it's a week old.

All of that is in the release game, sorry

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom