Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Underworld Ascendant Pre-Release Thread

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
And man, I'm not a Springsteen and The E Street fan AT ALL. Never liked his music.

But I had to look up who the faggot looking dude hugging him in the video CONSTANTLY was.

Steven van Zandt? Yeah Steve, you're gay. FYI.

Yeah, definitely some gay ass.

Zep--

And man, I'm not a Springsteen and The E Street fan AT ALL. Never liked his music.

But I had to look up who the faggot looking dude hugging him in the video CONSTANTLY was.

Steven van Zandt? Yeah Steve, you're gay. FYI.

Yeah, definitely some gay ass.

Zep--

Other than hand-waving fanaticism, do you actually have an argument?

Doctor Sbaitso

SO, TELL ME ABOUT YOUR PROBLEMS.
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Zep is zep. Think of him as the guy that always makes you feel grateful for the life you lead.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual

Was that you asking the interview questions? Then yes.

Why did you sound like you were talking underwater with a mouthful of cocksrocks?

Zep--

Delterius

Arcane

Was that you asking the interview questions? Then yes.

Why did you sound like you were talking underwater with a mouthful of cocksrocks?

Zep--
You are hearing cocks now my
repressedhomorainbow.gif
friend?

Neither Freud nor the Devil saw that one coming.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands
Well you gents with prototype access are doing a pretty shitty job of giving us video.

The spell system seems quite interesting.

V_K

Arcane
What I really like is that the spell system is one of the first things that made it into the game. Makes me hopeful that for once it won't be as half-assed and uninspired as in 99% of RPGs.

Doctor Sbaitso

Patron
If you think about their approach of objects having properties that can be manipulated (temperature, buoyancy, wear, etc.) giving spells is probably the easiest way to have those things manipulated and tested.

Someone needs to take a close look at the files to glean what we can about the design.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Creating spells is actually the easiest thing to do first in a game like this, since it doesn't require elaborate character model animations (like fighter and rogue abilities).

V_K

Arcane
Well, good. Doesn't really matter if it's the easiest or the hardest thing to do. What matters is that magic being developed first guarantees that it'll be one of the core mechanics and not an afterthought, like in too many games. RPGs where mage is a distinct playstyle and not a reskinned ranged warrior can be counted on one hand, really, and most of them are more than 20 years old.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, nice framerate. >_> Is that due to your capturing software?

Last edited:

Ash

Arcane
Very nice. I'm starting to see the LGS style now...through that horrible framerate. Somebody should rectify that with another upload.

V_K

Arcane
Reminds me of the way SS2 used to run on my first PC. Had to go through some areas while cloacked in invisibility and staring at the ceiling, otherwise the lag became unbearable. Ah, good times.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey guys, I've got a video of my playthough getting all of the bunnies.

It's mostly 30fps with a couple of seconds where it dipped down to 8fps for whatever reason. I know that's a slideshow for some people, but whatever.

I fast-forwarded through some parts that I ended up sucking at.

Watch my prop-surfing skills get put to the test!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom