Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unity 2019 - Heretic tech demo (not a remake of FPS)

hexer

Unity engine has come a long way!
This is their latest real time 3D achievement available in Unity 2019

hexer

BTW you can finally make decent skin in the engine.
This is what I made this morning in 30 minutes for my own game with no special tweaks to the lightning setup

Capture.PNG

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
- 30fps (lol)
- skin material looks like games from 5 years ago
- tries to impress with particles and shaders, when i want to see them do photorealism in various settings, which the engine simply can't do

Still no good for 3d games.

hexer

BTW speaking of graphics, this Crytek game from 2013 , Ryse, is still ahead of many games in terms of graphics XD

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
From a distance she looks real to all intents and purpose. The closeups reveal that the muscles around the eyes and mouth are more difficult to get exactly right.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom