Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unkillable Cat's Unpatriotic CCP Mockery Thread (aka WoD got cancelled)

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Tell me more. The only thing I've heard is that they're finally shutting down DUST 514 at the end of May, more than a year after they announced (at the worst possible time) that it was dead in the water.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
This is news to me. But then again they're scrapping a project that was announced less than 2 years ago and was only in its prototype stage.

Seems they're really getting their shit together...but is it too little, too late?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
February 9th was a turning point in the history of EVE. That's when CCP introduced the Skill Extractors/Injectors - in-game devices that allowed players to remove skillpoints from characters and sell them on the market for other to inject into their characters.

This effectively turned EVE Online into a "Pay2Skill" game - instead of waiting months to be able to fully fly that spaceship, you can now plonk down some money and be flying it RIGHTNOW.

This has negligble effect upon EVE except for leaving a sour taste in the mouths of regulars that have been keeping their accounts subscribed so that they can gain more skillpoints. In fact, the character with the highest amount of skillpoints in EVE had 287 million skillpoints as of February 9th, and had been at the front for over 8 years.

Until yesterday, when some player spent $5000 to acquire 80 million skillpoints and race ahead by about 50 million skillpoints. Because he could.

$5000 so he could be "in the lead" in a race against time in an online video game.

Stupidity knows no bounds whatsoever.

Thane Solus

Arcane
February 9th was a turning point in the history of EVE. That's when CCP introduced the Skill Extractors/Injectors - in-game devices that allowed players to remove skillpoints from characters and sell them on the market for other to inject into their characters.

This effectively turned EVE Online into a "Pay2Skill" game - instead of waiting months to be able to fully fly that spaceship, you can now plonk down some money and be flying it RIGHTNOW.

This has negligble effect upon EVE except for leaving a sour taste in the mouths of regulars that have been keeping their accounts subscribed so that they can gain more skillpoints. In fact, the character with the highest amount of skillpoints in EVE had 287 million skillpoints as of February 9th, and had been at the front for over 8 years.

Until yesterday, when some player spent $5000 to acquire 80 million skillpoints and race ahead by about 50 million skillpoints. Because he could.

$5000 so he could be "in the lead" in a race against time in an online video game.

Stupidity knows no bounds whatsoever.

It was on the wall all the time, in the last two to four years, most of the talented people left CCP, and instead they hired people from EA, Ubisoft and other "awesome" companies. And now this is what they come up with. EVE is dieing so they want to cash in. Only a few hardcore vets remain, and the Goons...

Was a great game for a while, until they lost it completely with the scope, 1 gazillion titans, blobs, fail expansions etc.

lightbane

Arcane
The players will move to Star Citizen, although I believe that has been mentioned already. Still, the butthurt will be glorious to watch.

xemous

Arcane
nice you can buy skill points with isk

how much would it cost (in isk) to train up to fly a tempest including the guns and repair repair systems roughly

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Just checked myself - that guy has spent MORE money to give himself even more skillpoints.

And someone did the math to buy enough skill points to max out every skill in the game - $25000, or 2 TRILLION ISK.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Holy...a challenger appears!

IronBank has maxed out his skilltree with 473 million skillpoints, has over one TRILLION ISK in his wallet...and was created on February 11th - 4 days ago.

Just 2 days after CCP introduced the Skill Injector.

Someone actually PAID the $25000 to get there. :retarded:

He has 414 of the 417 available skills. Of the remaining 3 skills, 2 are superrare and I'm not sure if any skillbooks exist for them, and 1 could only be gained for a short while on a brand new character sometime in 2006.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Stop bumping this thread asshole.... WoD MMO is STILL DEAD....

The ONLY MMO I was looking forward to....

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Well if anyone here is hoping that CCP kicks the bucket anytime soon - think again.

CCP's annual earnings for 2015 amounted to $21 million, compared to 2014's loss of $67 million. Seems their restructuring did the trick. With the new investors, the deluge of cash coming in from having EVE go Pay2Skill, and that Gunjack is the most sold VR game ever, they seem to be in the clear for the foreseeable future.

This comes at the same time that CCP announces that their Lead Game Designer (who's been with them since 2004), one of their Senior Game Designers and one of their Technical Designers are all leaving the company. Sadly no one from management or the art department (which hold all future EVE development hostage) are going anywhere.

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
If they sold white wolf's IP for $22 million they are still losing money.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron

True, but now they finally seem to be getting a handle on the situation instead of bleeding money all over the place. My guess is that 2016's earnings will start to help them recoup some of the losses of the last few years.

One further update: CCP is opening its fifth office in London, which will only house 10 employees that will form the core of their outward marketing team. Leading this team will be Hilmar Veigar himself, who's moving to London.

You know...as clever as this move appears on paper, I can't shake the feeling that this is Hilmar 'jumping ship' and getting himself into a connections network that'll allow him to smoothly go from CCP to some other company in the foreseeable future.

J1M

Arcane

True, but now they finally seem to be getting a handle on the situation instead of bleeding money all over the place. My guess is that 2016's earnings will start to help them recoup some of the losses of the last few years.

One further update: CCP is opening its fifth office in London, which will only house 10 employees that will form the core of their outward marketing team. Leading this team will be Hilmar Veigar himself, who's moving to London.

You know...as clever as this move appears on paper, I can't shake the feeling that this is Hilmar 'jumping ship' and getting himself into a connections network that'll allow him to smoothly go from CCP to some other company in the foreseeable future.
How does that move look clever on paper? lol

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
More stuff closing down at EVE - now it's Evelopedia, the official information resource for EVE Online.

Yes, this means there's no official out-of-game help available for the game.

CCP claims that they're going to bring it back in a different format via other means...yeah, right.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Now this is the strangest thing I've seen CCP do to EVE Online - they've added a minigame.

'Project Discovery' is an always-accessible minigame where you're presented with images of human cells, and you're supposed to identify respective parts of the image. This minigame is part of expanding the Human Protein Atlas database, so there's actual scientific progress to be made here. In several ways this is like that SETI screensaver program that was a minor fad somewhere around the turn of the century.

This minigame rewards player's efforts with small amounts of ISK and Loyalty Points that can be redeemed for various goodies.

Unfortunately CCP seem to have overestimated themselves, and underestimated their playerbase, once again. As the goal of all this is to help scientists map and identify protein patterns in human cells, there's no 'correct' answer - a player's reward is based on whether his answer falls into the majority category, determined by the answers of other players...meaning that the trolls in EVE's playerbase (meaning almost everyone) are giving wrong answers on purpose for whatever reason they can come up with.

Troll Science is Best Science, it seems.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Since I last looked into EVE Online, someone went and started a war. Seems like people are finally stomping the Goons out of the game.

Except the Goons aren't 'playing fair' anymore. The game went offline last night due to a DDoS attack, just as a vital system was becoming vulnerable, and about the same time as the Goons posted this video:

Also, I mentioned a "For science!" minigame in my last post. When set up, this minigame was supposed to have content to last 3-4 months for the EVE playerbase. I hear that they plowed through it in a matter of days. Reminds me of those tards that ruined Everquest by clearing out 2 months of gaming content in 2 days.

Finally, to show that CCP are as incompetent today as they were 10 years ago, they're introducing horrendously expensive shinies to build with the upcoming Citadels update. Fancy building a structure that costs 200 trillion ISK, of which there can only be one operational at a time? They've got you covered...but so do about a dozen in-game groups that rummaged through their pockets and said "We're sorted, all we need is the blueprint."

200 Trillion ISK is more than 3 million dollars worth...:retarded:

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Since I last looked into EVE Online, someone went and started a war. Seems like people are finally stomping the Goons out of the game.

Except the Goons aren't 'playing fair' anymore. The game went offline last night due to a DDoS attack, just as a vital system was becoming vulnerable, and about the same time as the Goons posted this video:
Isn't this basically the kind of sociopathic behaviour CCP has actively encouraged and continues to reap the whirlwind for based on all the stories of IRL assault, harassment and stalking you've relayed?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
I haven't relayed even half of it...barely touched the subject actually, but yeah.

Norfleet

This shouldn't be surprising at all. Isn't this a game where people assassinated a US official who was coincidentally discovered to be a player?

Ninjerk

Arcane
Uh, Libyans assassinated a guy who worked for the US government, lol.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom