Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Until Dawn

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Morgoth you're slacking. You didn't notify us three years in advance of this overbudgeted console trash non-game.

Or maybe I missed the thread. Either way it's worthwhile to poke fun of Morgoth again.

SerratedBiz

Arcane
The game has some uncanny valley moments but also some of the most insane facial animations ever, to the point of coming really close to CGI movies like The Spirit Within. Of course, the dark environments help that a lot.

Also, I watched an LP of the game. The C&C is non-existant, gameplay consists of finding the three hotspots per room that are laid out for you, and occasionally pretending QTEs consisting of a single button press are a challenge.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Is this like Way of the Samurai's incentives to replay a bunch, but with horror cliches...?

Venser

Erudite
Read a review and got in a mood to play it but I don't have a PS4 so I bought Obscure instead lol

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Everyone has degenerate facial features.

20307.jpg

That shit is GIF worthy :lol:

KrGx1d.gif

Last edited:

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I like how at the start when Beth is calling out to her sister in the cold, dark forest that she barely raises her voice.

Knowing that I'm outside, I'd SCREAM AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS for her - but the voice acting budget didn't count for any such "details", it seems. :/

SerratedBiz

Arcane
The Beth voice acting is especially horrible since she delivers her lines with all the intensity of someone reading the nutrition chart off a bag of Cheetos, but the rest of the cast is strangely decent (aka better than the average VA) the rest of the time. I really think this game delivers in presentation all the quality it fails to bring in gameplay.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

watching youtubes of this. really decent animations and effects. better writing than most slasher flicks - not that that is saying a lot. it's clear they put a lot of effort into creating and testing it.

honestly, i get that it's a quicktime events, but it's an original property that they actually put effort into making. Compare that to a game like Dragon Age: Inquisition where they just made a sequel stuffed it full of fetch-quest filler and dull writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

pippin

I still get uncanny valley fellings when they use full mocap thingies like this game. It's like I'm watching wax statues coming to life.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I just played through it with PS now. This game is absolutely fucking hilarious, the characters are unsufferable, every dialog cliche, every story cliche about the entire genre is there. Everyone's actions make not much of a sense. They split when they should stay together, they decide to "check outside" when they all have eventually found a safe place, and argue about who would fuck who.

Now, I usually don't like horror games because I'm of the anxious kind and games with that kind of pressure make me feel ill at ease, but I had to try it and did not regret it. I found it absolutely not scary and just laughed all the way through the game wondering during most of it if this thing was supposed to be some kind of parody. It's even better because apparently it's not.

I recommend it if you are not averse to this kind of gameplay, I really, really had a great time with it.

DemonKing

Arcane
I played this and enjoyed it...the atmosphere, SFX and graphics are nice and it works as both a parody or homage to the genre at different points.

Tiospo

Learned
Love Until Dawn, definitely my favourite of the telltale/Cage-style decision games.

Falksi

Arcane
I'll jump aboard that ship chaps. Until dawn is an absolute fucking blast.

Yep it's often silly, yeah the jump-scares become predictable, and hella yeah the plot is fucking ludicrous. But it is just so much fun to play through.

I couldn't put it down & played through the whole thing in one weekend, which is rare for me nowadays.

Normally hate these types of games too. Only played it coz it was a gift from the missus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom