Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Untitled feedback

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The year was 1993. Computers were not in the house yet, but a SNES was. The game in question - Shadowrun. It was totally unique to my youngfuck mind. I was only 8 you see. My tiny nuts had yet to drop from the higher scrotal region, with the only RPG-like games in sight being Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest. I know. But you have had it so much easier.

You see COMPUTERS WERE NOT IN THE HOUSE YET. The ones that did exist typed in green text. They usually had Edutainment games like this installed at school.

iu

So a game on the SNES that allowed you to PICK WORDS was very amusing. No, it was goddamn amazing. This was my Fallout, before Fallout. You dig? It was only later when my Great Uncle (he was great) showed me Wasteland, in a far away land called TEXAS, that I saw a full fledged PC RPG, but I digress...

SHADOWRUN. The SNES version is way more atmospheric than the mediocre Genesis version.

iu

iu

The music will literally pull it's dick out and slide it inside your ear holes if you let it. Compare this:

To this:

Sure, the combat in the SNES version is not that great. It feels like more of an adventure game at times. But goddamnit it the game is unique, only on one system, and it came out in 1993! I feel these games are being unfairly judged by young fucks that grew up with PS2's and PC's already in the house. How dare you leave out the SNES Shadowrun on the avatar list. Yes. That is what this is about. I want the Shadowrun avatars. All of them.

SNES_Shadowrun-NPCAvatars.png

I'll do it myself if I have to. If not I will hold the digital soul of that dinosaur raptor thing hostage.

I will accept this as a possible alternative. If not the raptor is getting it. I'll fucking do it. I want it that big too. It can't be resized.

The Genesis version was pretty badass tbh. This one was not however.

iu
cBNvy3v.png

Not sure if this is to standard men, but if it will suffice I will do more. I don't believe in transparency. It's against my religion.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom