Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Epic Battle Fantasy 5 Release Date: Late 2018 added to Turn-based
X-Comat Actions: The Days of the Dead Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
河洛群俠傳 Release Date: 2018 added to Asian

The last game is from the Tale of Wuxia developers, under a new publisher. I'm reasonably hyped. Not sure if it will get localized or not.

http://digitalgameworks.com/index.php/the-days-of-the-dead/
X-COMBAT ACTIONS: THE DAYS OF THE DEAD

October 1968

The dead have begun rising from their graves in search of human prey.

In a year of epic political and social turmoil across much of the globe, the madness of 1968 would culminate in October with the Northeastern United States Zombie Outbreak. The CIA's Special Operations Group mobilized its Covert 'Black Ops' Hunter-Killer Team, Task-Force 23, in a desperate attempt to contain and suppress the epidemic from the general public.

X-COMBAT ACTIONS: THE DAYS OF THE DEAD

Be on the front lines of the covert ground campaign waged by the United States Government
against the Project Omega UnDead in the Fall of 1968.

tdotd_prss.jpg

The Dead have Risen...

Striking fully Animated 3D Graphics, Immersive Sound and Special Effects, all combine in a Skirmish Level game that's as personal as it gets-- 'Mano a Mano' or 'Mano a Muerto' (as the case may be), bringing a sense of immediacy and danger to every mission.

tdotd_ss01.jpg

'UnDeadly' Turn Based Action...

Turn Based Gamer's want to kill some Zombies too and The Days of the Dead's turn based system is one that keeps you involved instead of putting you to sleep.

While staying true to turn based mechanics (no twitch game here), the game's random command activation system will at times make it feel as though you're playing more of a real time strategy game.

With any given action, enemy reaction can seem immediate or concurrent.

tdotd_ss02.jpg

X-Combat Actions: The Days of the Dead

Features...

- Scenario based Missions with randomly generated encounters that never quite play out the same.

- Linked Campaign Mode. Can you to keep your team intact throughout the entire campaign? (Hint: Probably not)

- Fully Animated 3D Graphics, Immersive Sound, and Special Effects

- Multiple Mission Areas and Weapon Systems / Unit Types
anyone try this? I am sort of curious because the developer usually has made turned based board game type small squad wargames, and this looks to be a step up in both graphics and perhaps detail, though I am not certain. Their background may indicate that they have developed detailed simulation, but its hard to judge given they have not really made a game of this exact type previously.

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
You could add FirstBorn to the tactical section. I played a demo ages ago which was promising and the devs are still actively working on the game.
Some screenshots I took while playing the demo :
FLIiJp9.png
MQE46B9.png
x7cJu8O.png
7YAdTWf.png
Rs7yICt.png
q2NXIiP.png
rzMkQma.png
iYzIWGZ.png

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SFD RELEASED! added to Turn-based
Last Epoch Release Date: TBA added to Action/Real-time
FirstBorn Release Date: TBA added to Tacticool
Legends of Amberland Release Date: TBA added to Blobber
Undungeon Release Date: TBA added to Action/Real-time
Waylanders Release Date: TBA added to Real-time With Pause

Dragon Quest XI RELEASED!

Last edited:

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!

Last Frontier. Multiplayer only with real time based combat.

As I understand it is still in development process. Developers decided do not post any updates before closed alpha testing will ended.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I must think about Nightcrawler. It must first reach its goal.

Multiplayer only games are for social people. I am anti-social. In other words, it will be added over my dead body.

agama_games

Faeton
Developer

Last Frontier. Multiplayer only with real time based combat.

As I understand it is still in development process. Developers decided do not post any updates before closed alpha testing will ended.

It`s looks qualitatively!

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

dmonin

Arcane
Patron
Developer
Make the Codex Great Again!
Postworld project is closed. Developers will support only current build in steam. Ta-ta...

Codex Year of the Donut
https://store.steampowered.com/app/921970/Liberty_Prime/
Liberty Prime is a beautifully rendered ARPG thanks to the Unreal Engine technology. Join this dynamic hack’n’slash and its fast-paced combat based on elemental powers. There are no limits to character build, you can choose your path as you level-up and play your character the way you want. Dodge, dash, hack, slash, and unleash fury on your foes!

The environment will react to your actions and the elemental based spells you might use to vanquish your enemies. Soon, co-op will be added, and players will be able to combine spells to create chain reactions, in order to overcome greater challenges.

You’re a former captain of mercenary band forced to liberate 13 nations of the Drotus Empire in order to regain the lost "Glory". Your path will lead you on an epic and unexpected adventure with your companion, as you wander in this shattered world. Join the dark journey and experience overwhelming enemy encounters, diabolical hazards, and the unrelenting challenges.
Key Features
  • Explore the Apocalyptic Fantasy World – Take a hero's journey through deserted Medieval World settings crafted in stunning, realistic, 3D detail
  • Action-Packed Battles – Players will switch between elemental powers in battle against hordes of enemies and challenging bosses across a variety of open field maps. The tight controls and incredibly fluid combat are simple to learn for newcomers while offering plenty of depth for more experienced action gamers. Players can perform high-speed battle actions combining light and heavy attacks while evading enemies with speed and style.
  • A labyrinth of monsters & bosses – Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses over more than 100
  • Elements of an RPG – Players will obtain a variety of items and runes over 200, manage inventory, level up in battle and customize a loadout and status that caters to their playstyle.
  • Procedurally Generated Enemies – Larger amounts of content, and randomness for less predictable gameplay. If the enemy is too hard for your current build? Come back to challenge the different enemies.
  • Replay Value – The game's not over until you say it is. You can replay the level you have already cleared to build your even character further without consistently encountering the same enemies.
  • Complex AI – All the enemies have various skills and patterns. Defeating a Boss is a real phased challenge you will only defeat with strategy.
  • Free character development – No character build limitation. You can develop any elemental powers that suits your playstyle and ability to switch between them.

Release Date:
Sep 21, 2018

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom