Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Another one bites the dust.
Witanlore: Dreamtime added to Abandoned post.

Witanlore: Dreamtime - Development Suspended
18 JUL @ 8:51PM - DRUID GAMEWORKS
Clutter_zpsszczheym.jpg

Hail Witanfam, Cole here for another progress report, probably the last for a little while. There's no easy way to do this, I've agonized over this for months, rewritten it a thousand times, so I'll just jump in short and sweet.

Development on Witanlore: Dreamtime is currently SUSPENDED

At this point most of the dev team has disbanded and moved on to other things. The game really failed to catch any sort of main stream interest. As time marched on, sales stagnated quickly, and morale got very low. It's hard to pour so much time, money, passion, and effort into something you love for years and feel like it doesn't count for anything. So one by one, our core crew bowed out. Those who remained tried to regroup, some of our diehard fam suggested Patreon to support the remaining devs but we were already struggling hard core; it was just too late to stop the free fall. At this point there are only a few of us left and we don't have the collective skill set to continue alone on a project like this; completely without funding.

We love Witanlore! Dreamtime was always intended to be a prequel tale, a proof of concept, and we still have a lot of our universe and story to share. We don't view this as an end of Witanlore by any stretch. We need to take time to step back, rebuild the studio, bring in some new sources of funding, and if successful, we hope to return to Arthanswold many times in the future to continue sharing our Witanlore.

----

Words fail to describe how grateful we are for all the love, support, kindness, and loyalty we've received from our Witanfam along this road. We would not have made it this far without all of you behind us. Currently I'm compiling a digital art book for our backers and fans to have as a keepsake of our journey so far. I'm hoping to ship it to you all by the end of summer but I have a few fires going at once right now, so I don't have a firm date on that. Will update here with news when it's ready to ship.

We've reduced the price of the game in its current state so that random new players can continue to explore our world and join our Witanfam. We would like to release some maintenance updates where possible, but again there's no time frame I can offer, unfortunately.

So that's the news, I know it's grim and not what anyone wanted to hear even if most of you probably assumed as much by now. We are slowly rebuilding and taking steps toward what to do next. We'll continue to post news and updates here as well as on Twitter as we have progress to share. We hope you'll continue to stand with us as we move through this heartbreaking setback and into an uncertain future. We love making games and will continue to pursue that dream in whatever way we can.

Until next time, we love you, take care, and happy gaming!
-Cole & the Druid Gameworks Team

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Fit For a King Release Date: September 5 added to Turn-based
Soulmancer Release Date: TBA added to Turn-based
Ballad of Thuriana Release Date: TBA added to Tactical
Vanaris Release Date: TBA added to Tactical
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot Release Date: 2020 added to Asian
Reverse Collapse: Code Name Bakery Release Date: TBA added to Asian
Super Robot Wars V Release Date: TBA added to Asian
Super Robot Wars X Release Date: TBA added to Asian

Dead Hand RELEASED!

Last edited:
Codex Year of the Donut
Ok, the concept sounds quite interesting and I get that they are indies, but this look in 2019? They'd be better served by pixel art.

I think they tried to go for a 'low poly' retro look and failed because they don't realize it's an actual art style that requires a skilled artist.
Sort of like those really ugly lolsoretro pixel games that just look bad

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ok, the concept sounds quite interesting and I get that they are indies, but this look in 2019? They'd be better served by pixel art.

I think they tried to go for a 'low poly' retro look and failed because they don't realize it's an actual art style that requires a skilled artist.
Sort of like those really ugly lolsoretro pixel games that just look bad

They were clearly inspired by the incredible artwork of Revolution 60
D4OJLuz.jpg
pyX8upE.jpg
rbCeVCp.png

If only they'd hired the stunning and brave Brianna Wu
54vp8Z4.jpg

Modron

Arcane
They were clearly inspired by the incredible artwork of Revolution 60
For a person who espouses being so woke, the concept art for that game was pretty funny since it consisted of a bunch of blondes attacking a token defjam101 cybernegro.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Cthulhu Saves Christmas Release Date: TBA added to Turn-based
RelicMerge Release Date: 2020 added to Turn-based
Veterum Release Date: TBA added to Tactical
Cyber Knights Release Date: TBA added to Tactical
bitDungeon Release Date: August 12 added to Action/Real-time
Touhou Shoujo Tale of Beautiful Memories / 東方少女綺想譚 Release Date: TBA added to Asian
GRIME Release Date: TBA added to Side scrolling/Metroidvania

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Mazgeon Release Date: 2020 added to Side scrolling/Metroidvania
斩妖行 The Oriental Exorcist Release Date: 2020 added to Asian
Alien Squatter Release Date: October 1 added to Turn-based
End of Realms Release Date: Fall/winter added to Turn-based
Crumbling World Release Date: 2019 added to Action/Real-time

Legends of Amberland RELEASED!
Phlyndir RELEASED!
Forged of Blood RELEASED!

Jupiter Hell Release Date: TBA Now Available on Steam EA

Quite the busy day! Titan Outpost was delayed a few days due to some Steam issues.

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Stalag Release Date: TBA added to Tactical
This is the End Release Date: TBA added to Tactical
云聚:失落的魔法 Magic Ganglia Release Date: August 16 added to Asian

Help me, Taka-Haradin puolipeikko which section to put Stalag in?

Singaria RELEASED!

Lost Flame Release Date: TBA Now Available on Steam EA

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Gamedec Release Date: 2020 added to Turn-based
Silk Release Date: September added to Blobber
Wasteland Raiders Release Date: May 2020 added to Tactical
Idunn Guardians Release Date: TBA added to Asian

Wasteland Raiders - Name Subject to Change due to copyright infringement claim by Brian Fargo.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom