Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Upcoming and future role playing games

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Iratus: Lord of the Dead, The Amazing Fantastics added to turn-based category.

Fallen Legion+ released.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Added Artifact Adventure Gaiden to Asian category.
Released: RELEASED!

Added: DragonFangZ - The Rose & Dungeon of Time to Asian category.
Release Date: 2018

Added: Swords and Sandals 5: Redux to Turn-based category.
Release Date: RELEASED!

EDIT: If you're wondering why some games don't have links, I'm slowly adding them. I do like 5 to 10 every now and then.

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
Gosh, I sure would love to keep up with Akaruuk. Pity the dev has a 1995 website, no Twitter, no Facebook, no Youtube channel to follow...like ffs, could you at least set up a mailing list, if email is the only way to contact you?

Gah.

Fever

Educated
I only want Lords of Xulima 2. Please, give me my dope!!!!

Couldn't agree more! Is this still being produced, considering the major success of their last zombies game?
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for them, they deserve success SO MUCH, but I fear that LoX2 will be postponed indefinitely. Has there been any statement by Numantian Games on the matter?

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Grimshade
Grimshade is a mixture of classical, japanese and tactical RPG. The game takes you in medieval world of technomagic and steam engines filled with mysterious energy of Ether. Generated by Fog hostile creatures dominate the land and drove people in cities of wood and stone.
Explore the world of Ree'Fah and develop your characters abilities and relationships. Dark and cruel atmosphere will change under the impact of your desicions and victories in developed turn-based combat system.
21462677_170507356844412_5763628474369570106_n.png
22228218_176971529531328_3820512418410241807_n.png
26238972_202919020269912_6893607011685298623_n.jpg

V_K

Arcane
Grimshade
Grimshade is a mixture of classical, japanese and tactical RPG. The game takes you in medieval world of technomagic and steam engines filled with mysterious energy of Ether. Generated by Fog hostile creatures dominate the land and drove people in cities of wood and stone.
Explore the world of Ree'Fah and develop your characters abilities and relationships. Dark and cruel atmosphere will change under the impact of your desicions and victories in developed turn-based combat system.
21462677_170507356844412_5763628474369570106_n.png
22228218_176971529531328_3820512418410241807_n.png
26238972_202919020269912_6893607011685298623_n.jpg
Such a grimdark description, and then you notice that the main character is a fucking badger.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Added:

Turn-Based
Grimshade

Asian
Dark Souls Remastered
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet

Last edited:

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
OK, so far my picks (those I haven't seen before) that look somewhat interesting:

Grimshade, Ashen, Slasher's Keep.

Cool artstyles, or cool concepts. The rest look like a bunch of vaporware and copypaste jRPGs. :(
(with the exception of Six Ages, of course! :D)

Theldaran

Liturgist
Here's a list of what I'm interested in:

Bard's Tale IV (can't wait to hear those Gaelic chants)
Sui Generis
Pathfinder: Kingmaker (of course)
Werewolf (of course)
Druidstone: the secret of Menhir Forest
The Longest Five Minutes (looking cool)
Greedfall (they have a winning setting, let's see if they handle it well)
Cyberpunk 2077 (as a reminder it's gonna be real, I'm prolly gonna get a new PC just for this)

Sui Generis seems like a perfect scam, I only knew about it from hours ago, but the KS is from 2014 and with some 160,000 pounds it doesn't look like they can make ANYTHING.

While Druidstone looks good and all, but it's prolly be a couple of years before we taste it, if we taste it at all. At least development is happening, but it doesn't seem like it's gonna be done by this year. Plus they say they started with procedural shit (probably before No Man's Sky 's case burst away), and now they've moved onto a level editor.

http://druidstone-game.com/

Well in all actuality, most of the list is probably not gonna happen in 2018. I list Cyberpunk because it'll probably be the next Baldur's Gate in terms of impact, potentially GOTY, and with futuristic setting which I think is harder than high fantasy.

Ent

Savant
I thought the Sui Generis devs were focusing on Exanima (the prequel dungeon crawler) at the moment.

Sinatar

Arbiter
I thought the Sui Generis devs were focusing on Exanima (the prequel dungeon crawler) at the moment.

The last update the game got was in February of last year, so if that's what them "focusing" looks like then Sui Generis is fucked.

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer

The last update the game got was in February of last year, so if that's what them "focusing" looks like then Sui Generis is fucked.

That's the last visible update, yes, but I could swear there were patches later in the year as well.

The devs are awful at communication (example: they mostly hang out on Discord and only post on their Steam forums once in a while when people bitch too much), that is true.
That said, it's a real shame a lot of Steam reviews and forum posts are pretty much lying when they claim the game is abandoned.

There is right now a new build being betatested by insider backers.

I'm not even worried about SG, don't really care if that ever materializes. I bought Exanima three times after backing SG, it's that good by itself. I would give away half of my Steam library if I knew it helped these guys develop their ideas further.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom