Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Update 14 – The fourth release!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Update 14 – The fourth release!

350-header2.jpg

It’s here! – CRPG Book Preview 4

This is the fourth public “alpha” of the CRPG Book Project, now reaching 350 pages!
Finding volunteers becomes increasingly harder as we advance, so it was expected for the flow of reviews to get slower and releases become smaller as we approach the finish line.

Still, this release brings 50 pages of new reviews – pushing us over 200 reviews! The new additions range from absolute classics such as Deus Ex, Planescape: Torment, Daggerfall and Ultima Underworld; to hidden gems like The Summoning, Omikron, ZanZarah, TRON 2.0 and Dink Smallwood; to more dubious honors, such as Descent to Undermountain, Gothic 4 and Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Draennor (yeah, the game that erases Windows).

Two big changes were made – the historical context pages were momentarily removed until I re-write them (it’s hard to find reliable data on the 80’s & 90’s gaming industry), and the fan-translation section was expanded. Games like Chinese Paladin, Legend of Cao Cao and Labyrinth of Touhou are extremely interesting games, and having them crammed into simple half-page reviews was underselling them, so now they have a full page each.

This will also be my last release from Brazil, as I’ll be moving to Japan in the end of the month. There will naturally be a short down time until I adapt there and get my bearings, but fear not – the CRPG Book Project will continue no matter what. I’m too stubborn and too deep in to stop now.

Once again, there are many more games that still need to be reviewed, so if you’re interested in helping, please e-mail us: crpgbook@gmail.com

PS: On June 18th I’ll be appearing as a guest on Shane Plays radio show, talking about the book. You can hear it live here at 1:05 PM Central, or check it later on Youtube.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
:greatjob:

Though you forgot to add me to the contributors list, and used ZDB as the acronym for one of my reviews and ZD for the other. :rpgcodex:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Man, I feel like a game who has been in early access for too long... people now barely say anything besides "k', when will it come out?"

The first release got 32k downloads, this one barely broke 1k until now. :/

Bad Sector

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hey, i was reading some of the articles and noticed that the Mass Effect 2 review (page 259) stops abruptly mid-word ("Equally interest-" ... then next page is about Dungeons of Dredmor). Also the last line appears by itself below the graybox with the mods.

Also in the last pages where you list books, you have a typo in "Donovan, Tristan (2010) Replay: The History of Vido Games"

Finally i'd add pcgamingwiki right below (or alongside) vogons in the sites list. It is indispensable when it comes to making games run :)

Last edited:

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Hey, i was reading some of the articles and noticed that the Mass Effect 2 review (page 259) stops abruptly mid-word ("Equally interest-" ... then next page is about Dungeons of Dredmor). Also the last line appears by itself below the graybox with the mods.

Also in the last pages where you list books, you have a typo in "Donovan, Tristan (2010) Replay: The History of Vido Games"

Finally i'd add pcgamingwiki right below (or alongside) vogons in the sites list. It is indispensable when it comes to making games run :)
Thanks for the tips, I've fixed the typo and added PCGamingWiki :)

That ME2 was nuked from orbit already... it was one of the first reviews I got and I often received emails calling it fanboyish garbage... a new one is being prepared.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
And so far I've spent 31 months making it.

:negative:

Anyway, thanks for the warning, fixed it. :)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom